The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crossing With Greys ,,the New Ruling

whippeteerThe1st

BOBBY FANTASIC
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
noticed last week few dogs being put to grey,s which is all good and best off luck

mated bro,s dog with one off my biggest whippets,,,,,,knowing my 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey would throw smaller,,,,and has done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so WHATS THE POINT IN RULING????????,

WEIGHT CAP SHOULD BE ENOUGH AS REST IS BULL,,,,,,,,THATS WHAT ILL BE VOTING THIS YEAR :luck: :luck: :luck:

NON PEDS PRIDE THEMSELF,S IN HAVING THE ORIGINAL,,,,WHIPPET

I,E BEING CLOSE TO THE GREY

BUT THIS RULING MAKE US ,,,,( WHAT ????) K,C SHOW WHIPPETS ?????

( GREY X TERRIER,,,,,MAKES WHIPPET ,,,,PMSL,,,,,,,,DOESNT MEAN THEY SHOULD BE 20INCH,,,,,,OR 18LB TO 20LB.,,,,,,CHECK UR ARCHIVES ,,,,THEY COME BIG AND SMALL :thumbsup:

got to agree there non ped whippets, are just that---- NON PEDIGREE, what makes a non pedigree, a cross between a pedigree and any other breed, namely the greyhound, so come on the powers that be, get a grip , dont become just like the kc registered , little puny things, or is it , maybe because theres some very good non peds , on the go at the moment that , the powers to be want to stop breeding larger dogs-----------------------i'm interested in replies from , the powers that be?????????? stuart

It wasn't the powers that be who changed it , it was a proposal what the whippet racers VOTED on that changed it . The powers that be acted on the vote !

It wasn't the powers that be who changed it , it was a proposal what the whippet racers VOTED on that changed it . The powers that be acted on the vote !
ok , i only asked , but do you think it's right ???? seems strange to me , but i not got one at the moment???? might change though in the future ----stuart

ur right it was the powers to be that acted on it

main vote was ,,,3 generations clear,,,,,,,,but voting propels handned out ,,,,was 2 generations clear that was voted on in post

BIGGEST COCK UP IN BWRA WHIPPET RACING ,,,,,,YET IT WENT AHEAD,,,,, :clown:

BUT THE BIGGEST JOKE WAS ,,,DICTATING TO A NON PED RACER IN HOW ,,,,HE OR SHE SHOULD BREED,,,,,WEATHER IT BE TO WHIP X GREY ,,,OR WHIP X COLLIE,,,,,,,,AS LONG AS THEY WERE SMOOTH COATED AND WHIPPET IN APPERANCE,,,,,( LOL WHIPPET IN APPERANCE DOESNT MEAN THEY HAVE TO BE 18LBER,S OR TERRIR IN SIZE,,,,BUT HENCE OTHER ARGUMENT CAN BE THEY LOOK TOO GREYHOUND LIKE )

THE END ,,,THE WEIGHT CAP ,,,,SHOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH ,,,,IN NON PED WORLD,,,,, :thumbsup: ,,,,,,,,,,( LAST IAM GOING TO SAY ON SUJECT,,,,,AS END OFF DAY PLL,S WILL BREED THE WAY THEY WANT TO,,,,SOD THE REST,,,, :thumbsup:

Either way I've no preferance , but it seems the majority of whippet racers agree with the ruling ..... Both organisations act on what the members want it's easy to blame them but they act for the sports interests :thumbsup:

If I thought the lining to the 3/4 whippet 1/4 GHD was better then that's what I would do. Like's been said the BWRA rule was voted in by it's members but it's certainly not a dictatorship on how to breed and it certainly doesn't exclude a dog from racing at all. It is definately not like the closed stud book held by the Kennel Club.

When someone / anyone?!!! can clearly define and proove when a whippet becomes a greyhound then the decision is left with an organisation to decide. In the case of the BWRA it's members decided on their behalf based on the proposals put forward by the committee.

Ranting never wins votes and I doubt a proposal to overturn would win a majority vote now. However, an alternative proposal might replace it if enough thought was put into it.

THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH THIS RULE BEING PASSED

IS THAT IT IS WAS NOT EXPLAINED CORRECTLY

AND A LOT OF PEOPLE VOTED NOT AWARE OF THE AMOUNT OF DOGS IT WOULD EFFECT

AND STILL TODAY PEOPLE ASK IF THIS DOG CAN GO TO THAT ONE AND HOW TO WORK IT OUT

AND FOR THAT REASON IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PASSED

I ASKED QUESTIONS TO THE TOP TABLE WHEN IT WAS FIRST VOTED IN AND WAS GIVEN TWO DIFFERANT SETS OF ANSWERS

ONE THAT WAS INCORRECT SO NO ONE CAN TELL ME THAT ITS SIMPLE TO WORK OUT

GARY

i never understood it and still dont. 4 instance i didnt think i cud use mickey whizz on nikki whizz but i can hes a quater ghd and shes a half ghd i think i cant use him on a full ghd but it is confusing. i think the 55lb cap is stupid as well and never voted for it. mi cant remember about the breeding rule as i neverunderstood it so i cud very well have voted on it lol

Either way I've no preferance , but it seems the majority of whippet racers agree with the ruling ..... Both organisations act on what the members want it's easy to blame them but they act for the sports interests :thumbsup:

agree with you craig. things where gettting to big especially on the bends.( here we go again)

after all it is whippet racing,not greyhound :-

I am fully behind the top tables and the members.

i'm in agreement with the breeding rule now and think it will work given time, i think it allows new blood from greyhounds but keeps more whippet in the breeding than greyhound !! dont agree with the weight cap at all, how can members vote to say its ok to put greyhound in the breeding then say but if the pups go over 55lb they cant race :wacko: !! its hard enough when we breed say a 26lb bitch to a 20lb dog and end up with offspring from that mating go upto 40lb and this as happened, so whippet + greyhound could easy go over 55lb, think the cap should go

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO i think the breeding programe should be done away with and keep the 55lb limit in place and no matter what you bred with if it goes over the 55lb its quite simple OUT EM

ALSO THE PROBLEM WITH THE RULING IS IT LEAVES TO MANY WAYS ROUND IT

SUCH AS YOU CAN BREED A 1/2 CROSS TO A HALF CROSS MAKING THE OFFSPING A HALF CROSS

BUT IF YOU KEEP DOING THIS THE OFFSRING WILL STILL BE HALF AND HALF

BUT THE GENARATIONS WILL BE FIRST THEN SECOND AND THEN NEXT GENARATION CAN BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND MAKING A MOCORY OF THE RULING

GARY :D

AND IF YOU KEEP DOING IT A GREYHOUND WONT EVEN SHOW UP ON THE PEDIGREE LOL

ALSO THE PROBLEM WITH THE RULING IS IT LEAVES TO MANY WAYS ROUND IT SUCH AS YOU CAN BREED A 1/2 CROSS TO A HALF CROSS MAKING THE OFFSPING A HALF CROSS

BUT IF YOU KEEP DOING THIS THE OFFSRING WILL STILL BE HALF AND HALF

BUT THE GENARATIONS WILL BE FIRST THEN SECOND AND THEN NEXT GENARATION CAN BE PUT TO A GREYHOUND MAKING A MOCORY OF THE RULING

GARY :D

AND IF YOU KEEP DOING IT A GREYHOUND WONT EVEN SHOW UP ON THE PEDIGREE LOL

shut up gary your making it more confusing lol. (w00t)

YEP AND YOU WAIT UNTIL I GET THE VODKA DOWN MY NECK TONIGHT LOL :D

GARY

IMO i think the breeding programe should be done away with and keep the 55lb limit in place and no matter what you bred with if it goes over the 55lb its quite simple OUT EM

when you say OUT EM what do you mean have them P.T.S, get them pet homes or what, ??

when you say OUT EM what do you mean have them P.T.S, get them pet homes or what, ??

wouldnt dream of having them put to sleep yvonne pet homes or keep them as our own pets

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back