The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crossing With Greys ,,the New Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
STARTINGBLOCKS.jpg
graham have you got the hight of them startingblocks pm me mate (w00t)
no need to pm you steve think there a standard height no matter how big or small the athelete is. (w00t)

to be honest i am not in the least bit botherd what people say or do any more i have my breeding programe

and this new ruling dose no longer effect me or my breeding plan in fact quite the oppersite

but that does not stop me having my opinion and this rule does not work

gary :D ;)

and there was me thinking you had a conveyer belt in your kennels, (w00t) (w00t) :D

IVE SAID THIS BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN

THE SCATCH DOGS BRING IN A LOT OF MONEY TOWARDS THE RUNNING OF THESE MEETING

WITHOUT THEM MORE CLUBS WOULD CLOSE

IF PEOPLE WOULD THINK OF THEM AS SCRATCH DOGS AND NOT WHIPPETS THER WOULD NOT BE ANY ARGUMENTS

YOU COULD USE A SCRATCH DOG TO BRRED MORE SCRATCH DOGS BY ADDING MORE GREYHOUND OR BREED DOWN TO BREED YOUR NON PED WHIPPETS THE GENE POOL WOULD STAY HEALTHY

WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO GET IN THERE HEAD IS THERE IS ALREADY A 32LB LIMIT WITH THE BWRA FOR YOUR NON PED WHIPPET ANY THING ABOVE THAT DOES NOT RUN WITH THE SMALLER DOGS SO LARGER CLASSES ARE ADDED

I THINK WHERE IT GOES WRONG IT WHEN PEOPLE KID THERE SELF THAT THEY HAVE A DOG OVER THE 32LB CAP AND STILL CALL IT A NON PED WHIPPET. ITS A SRATCH DOG LOL AND WILL NOT RUN AGAINST THE WHIPPETS

GARY :D :thumbsup:

I agree with that, ;) ;) but the fact that their is no handicapping and a 37lb dog starts off the same mark as a 55lb dog doesn't discourage breeding larger dogs, especially for bend racing where there is more contact and a longer distance for a bigger stronger dog to benefit. Once your weight group is run off scratch,the supreme could be run off on a handicapp per weight group.At the moment bigger dogs are favoured running off levels where as in handicap racing small dogs are favoured :wacko: . :wacko:

no need to pm you steve think there a standard height no matter how big or small the athelete is. (w00t)
Not really bothered it they become a standard size for all whippets ...

But if it was voted on to what size they should be bet they would be to big for the over large scr dogs ..as there's more yd a lber members lol

denise, ??? "Now back to the breeding ...one thing must be remembered here we are whippet racing not greyhound racing "--excuse me , but correct me if i'm wrong ,but you DONT run whippets , theyre whippet hybrids all of which could effectivley go over the 55lb mark-------------------stuart
#

Yes they are NONE PED whippets generally ..tbh in my 20 plus years of racing ive not seen many 55lb + dogs to come from 2 none peds whippets .. but i am sure there has been a couple ...although i can not think of any off the top of my head

Not really bothered it they become a standard size for all whippets ...

But if it was voted on to what size they should be bet they would be to big for the over large scr dogs ..as there's more yd a lber members lol
:p :p ill not be voting on any thing dee as im not a member of nnwrf or bwra im realy quite happy going along with wot ever the membership vote in. (w00t)

Same old rubbish. let the majority decide at next A.G.M.
Majority did decide John,and if I remember correctly,it was quite a large majority.Don't think people putting their opinions on here will alter,the majoritys vote,but you can't knock em for trying.Quite looking forward to this years AGM,might be more people there :thumbsup:
yes the majority did decide karren and im sure they will again at the next agm BUT its my opinion that the breeding programe should be changed unless anyone comes up with a way of policing it im all in favour of the 55lb cap
Guess you won't be putting Magical Dreams across a greyhound again then Graham,there's a risk of them all (being 3/4 greyhound)going over 55lbs

karren nows thats a daft question its the luck of the draw if they go over the 55lb cap when ever you put any non ped to a greyhound as you should know theres always a chance you will get a big un. :thumbsup:
Totally agree Graham,there is always a risk if you use greyhound in the breeding,and as we all know i've got the proof lying here on my sofa,BUT i'm not that daft that I don't know there would be more risk of producing dogs over 55lb if I used a half cross across a greyhound,and out of that breeding I wouldn't be hoping to get a little 21lber or for that matter a 32lber.So if we do away with the breeding rule and just keep the cap,would you put Magical Dreams over another greyhound?
simple and honest answer karren yes i would definatly put him across another greyhound if i was breeding for scratch racing as we have both said its a risk when ever you use greyhound in the bloodline
and why do you think the ruling was put in graham not having a go at u m8 but your leaving yourself wide open lol

Think Gaz,has hit the nail on the head Graham,you've proberbly added a few more people 'for' the rule to the list :lol:

Same old rubbish. let the majority decide at next A.G.M.
Majority did decide John,and if I remember correctly,it was quite a large majority.Don't think people putting their opinions on here will alter,the majoritys vote,but you can't knock em for trying.Quite looking forward to this years AGM,might be more people there :thumbsup:
yes the majority did decide karren and im sure they will again at the next agm BUT its my opinion that the breeding programe should be changed unless anyone comes up with a way of policing it im all in favour of the 55lb cap
Guess you won't be putting Magical Dreams across a greyhound again then Graham,there's a risk of them all (being 3/4 greyhound)going over 55lbs

karren nows thats a daft question its the luck of the draw if they go over the 55lb cap when ever you put any non ped to a greyhound as you should know theres always a chance you will get a big un. :thumbsup:
Totally agree Graham,there is always a risk if you use greyhound in the breeding,and as we all know i've got the proof lying here on my sofa,BUT i'm not that daft that I don't know there would be more risk of producing dogs over 55lb if I used a half cross across a greyhound,and out of that breeding I wouldn't be hoping to get a little 21lber or for that matter a 32lber.So if we do away with the breeding rule and just keep the cap,would you put Magical Dreams over another greyhound?
simple and honest answer karren yes i would definatly put him across another greyhound if i was breeding for scratch racing as we have both said its a risk when ever you use greyhound in the bloodline
and why do you think the ruling was put in graham not having a go at u m8 but your leaving yourself wide open lol

Think Gaz,has hit the nail on the head Graham,you've proberbly added a few more people 'for' the rule to the list :lol:
(w00t) lol ya missed my last post im not a member karren and at the present time have no intensions of doing so not to bothered either way LIKE IVE SAID IM QUITE HAPPY TO GO ALONG WITH THE MEMBERSHIPS VOTES

im pleased the rule came in did my m8 gaz a favour made him breed down and is now knocking out some crackin yard a pounders lol :thumbsup: say what u like about boards graham i dont care anymore love this sport and its non ped whippet racing, acompanied by scratch racing simple really :thumbsup: some crackin scratch dogs out there too but not many from great big stock mainly greyhounds put to yard per pounders not giants ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im duckin (w00t)

im pleased the rule came in did my m8 gaz a favour made him breed down and is now knocking out some crackin yard a pounders lol :thumbsup: say what u like about boards graham i dont care anymore love this sport and its non ped whippet racing, acompanied by scratch racing simple really :thumbsup: some crackin scratch dogs out there too but not many from great big stock mainly greyhounds put to yard per pounders not giants ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im duckin (w00t)
IM LAUGHING LOL

think we should all just do what we like doing and racing our whippets you never know how long it will last :thumbsup:

sense--------------------------------------------------------------------------------a 5 letter word and you got it wrong, graham---------tut tut tut , you should have used spell check, ha ha ha --------------------------stuart

Last edited by a moderator:
sense--------------------------------------------------------------------------------a 5 letter word and you got it wrong, graham---------tut tut tut , you should have used spell check, ha ha ha --------------------------stuart
leave graham alone his only just leared to spell his name (w00t)

g R ay :clown:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back