The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crossing With Greys ,,the New Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
and why do you think the ruling was put in graham :wacko: not having a go at u m8 but your leaving yourself wide open lol
no im not gary i was asked a question i simply answered it i could have said NO.

On something like this I think a postal vote would be best , because as stated people won't travel wherever the AGM is so everyone can have there vote on it and whatever the result should be stuck to.instead of every 6 months or so this subject keeps veering dragged up ,it's in my opinion making our sport a laughing stock. Vote on it & stick to it !!

Hi Yvonne

how far would you say was South. In the past Bill & I have travelled to Stockton when we were reps for the South because that is where

the meetings were held on occassions. I think it's only fair that it is spread around as much as possible.

I know that a lot of people don't bother to attend because they think that if some decisions are not popular they will call for an EGM later on

so all those people that travelled in the first place would feel that they have wasted their time and fuel costs.

This is just my own opinion so don't shoot me ( lol )

regards

Doreen

ok more old news lets just moan about everything in the sport keep it simple (w00t)

Hi Yvonne
how far would you say was South. In the past Bill & I have travelled to Stockton when we were reps for the South because that is where

the meetings were held on occassions. I think it's only fair that it is spread around as much as possible.

I know that a lot of people don't bother to attend because they think that if some decisions are not popular they will call for an EGM later on

so all those people that travelled in the first place would feel that they have wasted their time and fuel costs.

This is just my own opinion so don't shoot me ( lol )

regards

Doreen

hi Doreen

like you i went to Stockton and have attended all agm since i have became a member of the bwra ( even when under a ban as you no lol ) and will attened the next agm where ever it is, think its only right that its south next year cant remember ever having the agm south ever when most of the committee were from the south so is well over due for south reg to hold it,

as for postal vote we already have it and will still be in place this year

dont mind it down south personaly im stayin at me m8 garys so ill be there ;)

You'll be there on your own then lol

I don't see the point in AGM tbh regional members meetings is the way forward and was held many years ago ...if regional reps held members meeting before the annual reps / top table meeting they could let people (members) know whats been proposed for the 2 years following allowing members to discuss it , they could take notes etc ..then they could take it back to top table ...letting them decide what should go out as workable proposals for members to vote on

This way members wouldn't be spending a fortune on fuel esp when the AGM falls at the back end of year ..also the tops table and reps could hold a small meeting somewhere suitable to them all

JMO

Now back to the breeding ...one thing must be remembered here we are whippet racing not greyhound racing ....i love the scr racing as much as anyone else ..but why would you wont to breed giants to run over 175 yards max ,keep the breeding of greyhound in order ..a nice size greyhound to a nice sized stud dog ...big dose not always mean faster, if you want dogs 55lb plus go race them at your local greyhound tracks lol

think before last year the agm had been at high gate would say thats north last year manchester so we all who attended agreed that next year it go south and not saying rght down south but more south than north, dont think it will make any diff because you will still only get the same people bothered togo and the same people who dont bother to even vote complaining after
harlow greyhound stadium would be a top class venue .

no whippet racing harlow there racing greyhounds sundays :angry:

My my not again lol
Its proposals again is year my suggestions to all you moaners is to get to your AGM & send your forms back in lol
CANT BEAT A BIT OF FREINDLY BANTER DEE. :thumbsup:
to right graham !!! yes its proposals this year so KICK BOARDS OUT then
Steve to ban kickboards would be like banning runners starting blocks hun

But i am sure at the time of the kick board saga you didn't use one anyway as lets face it come on sue wasn't the smallest dog run out of a trap

As for henlow cannot have sundays as greyhound race then

Last edited by a moderator:
My my not again lol
Its proposals again is year my suggestions to all you moaners is to get to your AGM & send your forms back in lol

But i am sure at the time of the kick board saga you didn't use one anyway as lets face it come on sue wasn't the smallest dog run out of a trap

tried to get henlow to race whippets but theres no chance of that

My my not again lol

tried to get henlow to race whippets but theres no chance of that

Such a shame ...i know heard it was a brill track ...the nnwrf southern bend open this year has had to be changed

IVE SAID THIS BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN THE SCATCH DOGS BRING IN A LOT OF MONEY TOWARDS THE RUNNING OF THESE MEETING

WITHOUT THEM MORE CLUBS WOULD CLOSE

IF PEOPLE WOULD THINK OF THEM AS SCRATCH DOGS AND NOT WHIPPETS THER WOULD NOT BE ANY ARGUMENTS

YOU COULD USE A SCRATCH DOG TO BRRED MORE SCRATCH DOGS BY ADDING MORE GREYHOUND OR BREED DOWN TO BREED YOUR NON PED WHIPPETS THE GENE POOL WOULD STAY HEALTHY

WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO GET IN THERE HEAD IS THERE IS ALREADY A 32LB LIMIT WITH THE BWRA FOR YOUR NON PED WHIPPET ANY THING ABOVE THAT DOES NOT RUN WITH THE SMALLER DOGS SO LARGER CLASSES ARE ADDED

I THINK WHERE IT GOES WRONG IT WHEN PEOPLE KID THERE SELF THAT THEY HAVE A DOG OVER THE 32LB CAP AND STILL CALL IT A NON PED WHIPPET. ITS A SRATCH DOG LOL AND WILL NOT RUN AGAINST THE WHIPPETS

GARY :D :thumbsup:
your spot on, why cant ppl who run 16 to 32 lbers relise this, instead they just dig there heels in,,,,,its utter madness
to be honest i am not in the least bit botherd what people say or do any more i have my breeding programe

and this new ruling dose no longer effect me or my breeding plan in fact quite the oppersite

but that does not stop me having my opinion and this rule does not work

gary :D ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My my not again lol

DEE THE STARTING BLOCKS THAT RUNNERS USE IF IM RIGHT IN THINKING ARE A STANDARD BLOCK IN THAT I MEAN HEIGHT WISE THEY DO ALTER THEM IN LEAGTH I THINK NOT REALY SURE IM SURE SOMEONE WILL KNOW THE ANSWER I THINK THIS IS A INTERSESTING TOPIC. (w00t)

You'll be there on your own then lol
I don't see the point in AGM tbh regional members meetings is the way forward and was held many years ago ...if regional reps held members meeting before the annual reps / top table meeting they could let people (members) know whats been proposed for the 2 years following allowing members to discuss it , they could take notes etc ..then they could take it back to top table ...letting them decide what should go out as workable proposals for members to vote on

This way members wouldn't be spending a fortune on fuel esp when the AGM falls at the back end of year ..also the tops table and reps could hold a small meeting somewhere suitable to them all

JMO

Now back to the breeding ...one thing must be remembered here we are whippet racing not greyhound racing ....i love the scr racing as much as anyone else ..but why would you wont to breed giants to run over 175 yards max ,keep the breeding of greyhound in order ..a nice size greyhound to a nice sized stud dog ...big dose not always mean faster, if you want dogs 55lb plus go race them at your local greyhound tracks lol

STARTINGBLOCKS.jpg

denise, ??? "Now back to the breeding ...one thing must be remembered here we are whippet racing not greyhound racing "--excuse me , but correct me if i'm wrong ,but you DONT run whippets , theyre whippet hybrids all of which could effectivley go over the 55lb mark-------------------stuart

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back