The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crossing With Greys ,,the New Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Same old rubbish. let the majority decide at next A.G.M.
Majority did decide John,and if I remember correctly,it was quite a large majority.Don't think people putting their opinions on here will alter,the majoritys vote,but you can't knock em for trying.Quite looking forward to this years AGM,might be more people there :thumbsup:
yes the majority did decide karren and im sure they will again at the next agm BUT its my opinion that the breeding programe should be changed unless anyone comes up with a way of policing it im all in favour of the 55lb cap
Guess you won't be putting Magical Dreams across a greyhound again then Graham,there's a risk of them all (being 3/4 greyhound)going over 55lbs

it was agreed at the agm that its moved around and yes also agreed that this year it should be south

well in that case its wrong to have it north or south think central should be the fairest way

well in that case its wrong to have it north or south think central should be the fairest way
See where your coming from Gaz,but even if it's central,people living in the middle don't always attend.

i agree Gary central is best altho it doesnt affect me cos no matter where it is i cant drive so unless its on my door step i dont go lol

is manchester farest north then steve :clown: i maybe scotland next year then :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
See where your coming from Gaz,but even if it's central,people living in the middle don't always attend.

IVE SAID THIS BEFORE AND ILL SAY IT AGAIN THE SCATCH DOGS BRING IN A LOT OF MONEY TOWARDS THE RUNNING OF THESE MEETING

WITHOUT THEM MORE CLUBS WOULD CLOSE

IF PEOPLE WOULD THINK OF THEM AS SCRATCH DOGS AND NOT WHIPPETS THER WOULD NOT BE ANY ARGUMENTS

YOU COULD USE A SCRATCH DOG TO BRRED MORE SCRATCH DOGS BY ADDING MORE GREYHOUND OR BREED DOWN TO BREED YOUR NON PED WHIPPETS THE GENE POOL WOULD STAY HEALTHY

WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO GET IN THERE HEAD IS THERE IS ALREADY A 32LB LIMIT WITH THE BWRA FOR YOUR NON PED WHIPPET ANY THING ABOVE THAT DOES NOT RUN WITH THE SMALLER DOGS SO LARGER CLASSES ARE ADDED

I THINK WHERE IT GOES WRONG IT WHEN PEOPLE KID THERE SELF THAT THEY HAVE A DOG OVER THE 32LB CAP AND STILL CALL IT A NON PED WHIPPET. ITS A SRATCH DOG LOL AND WILL NOT RUN AGAINST THE WHIPPETS

GARY :D :thumbsup:
your spot on, why cant ppl who run 16 to 32 lbers relise this, instead they just dig there heels in,,,,,its utter madness

Majority did decide John,and if I remember correctly,it was quite a large majority.Don't think people putting their opinions on here will alter,the majoritys vote,but you can't knock em for trying.Quite looking forward to this years AGM,might be more people there :thumbsup:
yes the majority did decide karren and im sure they will again at the next agm BUT its my opinion that the breeding programe should be changed unless anyone comes up with a way of policing it im all in favour of the 55lb cap
Guess you won't be putting Magical Dreams across a greyhound again then Graham,there's a risk of them all (being 3/4 greyhound)going over 55lbs
karren nows thats a daft question its the luck of the draw if they go over the 55lb cap when ever you put any non ped to a greyhound as you should know theres always a chance you will get a big un. :thumbsup:

postal votes for main proposals is the fairest .if peeps bothered to send them back :angry: also with computers being so popular maybe one north middle and south with all regions attending would be a good way forward

think before last year the agm had been at high gate would say thats north last year manchester so we all who attended agreed that next year it go south and not saying rght down south but more south than north, dont think it will make any diff because you will still only get the same people bothered togo and the same people who dont bother to even vote complaining after

karren nows thats a daft question its the luck of the draw if they go over the 55lb cap when ever you put any non ped to a greyhound as you should know theres always a chance you will get a big un. :thumbsup:
Totally agree Graham,there is always a risk if you use greyhound in the breeding,and as we all know i've got the proof lying here on my sofa,BUT i'm not that daft that I don't know there would be more risk of producing dogs over 55lb if I used a half cross across a greyhound,and out of that breeding I wouldn't be hoping to get a little 21lber or for that matter a 32lber.So if we do away with the breeding rule and just keep the cap,would you put Magical Dreams over another greyhound?

cheeper to have a hall and count the votes no fiddling about then computers can easy be hacked ect .

think before last year the agm had been at high gate would say thats north last year manchester so we all who attended agreed that next year it go south and not saying rght down south but more south than north, dont think it will make any diff because you will still only get the same people bothered togo and the same people who dont bother to even vote complaining after
harlow greyhound stadium would be a top class venue .

whats happened to this topic oh i know its old news lol

Totally agree Graham,there is always a risk if you use greyhound in the breeding,and as we all know i've got the proof lying here on my sofa,BUT i'm not that daft that I don't know there would be more risk of producing dogs over 55lb if I used a half cross across a greyhound,and out of that breeding I wouldn't be hoping to get a little 21lber or for that matter a 32lber.So if we do away with the breeding rule and just keep the cap,would you put Magical Dreams over another greyhound?
simple and honest answer karren yes i would definatly put him across another greyhound if i was breeding for scratch racing as we have both said its a risk when ever you use greyhound in the bloodline

and why do you think the ruling was put in graham :wacko: not having a go at u m8 but your leaving yourself wide open lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back