The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crufts On Telly.............

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
trac said:
very disappointed with the coverage of crufts, it is nothing like it use to be, too much talking and not enougth coverage of the groups, i remember when you saw each group(and i'm not that old (w00t) )
Yes , I agree with you about the coverage but if you've got cable or satellite you can see the whole group being judges by pressing the red button after the main show has finnished . I think they need to get rid of the two plonkers who present the live shows and leave it to the professionals :clown:

http://rocksetdesigns.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Well done William :cheers:

its a great pity we dont see more of the groups, I would have loved to have seen the greyhounds and whippets - there was barely a glimpse of them. :angry:

Yes I agree - too much coverage of other things......

that Basenji was a lovely little dog, never even got placed, a shame, and yes that Ibizan hound was stunning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly.....Get rid of that complete wooden top, Ben Fogle! :angry: He is embarrasing and cannot "ad lib" it has to be put in front of him...clown :clown:

Claire Balding,Matt Baker,Peter Purves....are ok :thumbsup:

Yes,There are a lot of breeds coming over and winning,Because it brings in the £££ if they came over and did'nt win they would'nt bother.Like most events in this day and age it's all about ££ :angry:

The interactive thing is good though back to the coverage,you get to see it all :D

I liked the Basenji as well,and the whippet of coarse! :lol:

I thought the coverage of the terriers and hounds quite out of proportion.

I thought the coverage of the terriers and hounds quite out of proportion.

Hi, We stayed to watch the group judging and apart from the whippet which was obviously fabulous, the basenji, saluki,pharoah and ibizan hound were stunning.

the dandie dinmont had ahuge following and was secound,the Bloodhound won, both are on the KC list of endangered breeds.Still i always was a cynic!!!!!!! jan

J.T. said:
Ahhh, Do you mean Heelwork to Music.?? Some of them look like absolute idiots, dressed in Scooby Doo outfits & lion suits. But if you see Mary Ray & her dogs do this there is not a dry eye in the house. I've seen her a few times & the bond between her & her dogs is just so lovely. The dogs are happy & she also does agility with them, they are happy dogs :)   I think most of the dogs doing this couldn't give a toss what their daft owners are wearing, they just enjoy performing. I've tried a bit of HTM with Hebe as she is a clever dog & loves to do stuff. Provided there is a reward at the end of it ( In Hebe's case, FOOD) then the dog is happy. I don't think it's degrading for the dog as they dont know that the owner looks a total  :clown:   :lol:   :lol:

Fantastic bond indeed between mary ray and her dogs, they love it, the public love it, and i love it, good display every year at crufts, long may it continue

keith :thumbsup:

midlanderkeith said:
J.T. said:
Ahhh, Do you mean Heelwork to Music.?? Some of them look like absolute idiots, dressed in Scooby Doo outfits & lion suits. But if you see Mary Ray & her dogs do this there is not a dry eye in the house. I've seen her a few times & the bond between her & her dogs is just so lovely. The dogs are happy & she also does agility with them, they are happy dogs :)   I think most of the dogs doing this couldn't give a toss what their daft owners are wearing, they just enjoy performing. I've tried a bit of HTM with Hebe as she is a clever dog & loves to do stuff. Provided there is a reward at the end of it ( In Hebe's case, FOOD) then the dog is happy. I don't think it's degrading for the dog as they dont know that the owner looks a total  :clown:   :lol:   :lol:

Fantastic bond indeed between mary ray and her dogs, they love it, the public love it, and i love it, good display every year at crufts, long may it continue

I just got back from crufts with my smooth fox terrier it was my first time at crufts and it was fantastic. The atmosphere was so overwhelming. Frank kane watched my class(which was nerve racking!) and i managed to squeeze a smile out of Ben fogle :* My boy loves all the claping, lights and cameras hes such a show off so he put on a fantastic proformance! but being a newcomer in the breed i didnt get placed :( although in my heart he is BEST IN SHOW. Maybe next year! As for the TV coverage it wernt too bad i got home in enough time to see me and my boy an the telly :p so i was well chuffed my 5 mins of fame:thumbsup:

foxway said:
midlanderkeith said:
J.T. said:

I just got back from crufts with my smooth fox terrier it was my first time at crufts and it was fantastic. The atmosphere was so overwhelming. Frank kane watched my class(which was nerve racking!) and i managed to squeeze a smile out of Ben fogle :* My boy loves all the claping, lights and cameras hes such a show off so he put on a fantastic proformance! but being a newcomer in the breed i didnt get placed :( although in my heart he is BEST IN SHOW. Maybe next year! As for the TV coverage it wernt too bad i got home in enough time to see me and my boy an the telly :p so i was well chuffed my 5 mins of fame:thumbsup:

Pleased you enjoyed it. Glad you saw your performance on tv. I did think the coverage of the hounds was poor though. :cheers:

whippetsrus said:
foxway said:
midlanderkeith said:
J.T. said:

Pleased you enjoyed it. Glad you saw your performance on tv. I did think the coverage of the hounds was poor though. :cheers:

Yes it was a shame about the hounds there wasnt enough coverage. It would be great if they could show every class as people work so hard to get there they deserve to have a little publicity on there beautiful dogs. I think this year the BBC concentrated on the terriers because the KC asked them to promote the Native breeds and nowadays the terriers seem to be the less popular dog. and the dog in my class was the proplan pup of the year although he didnt win.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back