The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cumbrian Tour Last Weekend

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Last sunday i spent a day driving around the Lake District. to say it was awe inspiring is an understatement :eek:

If i imagine this area its always shrouded in mist and rain sprinkled so i wasnt let down and seen these mountains in their best form..mystical and unpredictable !

i began at Ullswater which lies south between Penrith and Keswick. our campsite was only 4 miles from its northern point so a great place to start en route to a lap around it.

ill post these pix in the order of approach...

cumbria08028.jpg

cumbria08030.jpg

all the roads were just about wide enough for 1 car at places and when i reached the summit towards Loadpot Hill the road narrowed to the width of a "Smartcar" :eek:

cumbria08032.jpg

look at the snakey road the whole way up here !!

cumbria08036.jpg

i drove as far as a car could go then slinked my way back down to head towards a little village called Pooleybridge which would take me down the west side of Ullswater.

Stunning scenery, John :thumbsup:

My neighbours were up in Cumbria over the weekend - something to do with Fell Ponies. They breed them and go up every year for a big show/sale :D

One of these days I might get up there myself - certainly looks worthwhile :cheers:

lovely photos john,i love the lakes :thumbsup:

Is this your first time up the lakes John? it is beautiful isnt it... :thumbsup: I love your photo showing the red post box in the wall...its great... :thumbsup:

we still have a few of those round here where I live too...they look so nice in those stone walls.

WAS UP THERE SAT NIGHT LAMPING A FEW RABBITS GOT WET THREW :thumbsup:

Lovely photo's John :thumbsup:

They've brought back some memories as i went to Pooleybridge a few years ago.... decided to hire a boat,& guess who managed to misjudge getting into the damm thing & ended up face down in the water :eek: :oops: :blink:

absolutely stunning pictures there john...looks gorgeous :thumbsup:

looking at the beautiful pictures i am defo going to book a holiday up there for me,kids and whippets.looks so stunning....

Just seen your pictures John, and not a whippet in sight. That makes a change :)

They are just stunning , all of them. We go to the Lake District most years( but not this :angry: ) and I recognise some of the views. Not only are you a tip top lurcher man but also an accomplished landscape photog :) Thanks for showing :thumbsup:

what beautiiful scenery :thumbsup: lovely pics john :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
Last sunday i spent a day driving around the Lake District. to say it was awe inspiring is an understatement  :eek:  
If i imagine this area its always shrouded in mist and rain sprinkled so i wasnt let down and seen these mountains in their best form..mystical and unpredictable !

i began at Ullswater which lies south between Penrith and Keswick.  our campsite was only 4 miles from its northern point so a great place to start en route to a lap around it.

ill post these pix in the order of approach...

cumbria08028.jpg

cumbria08030.jpg

all the roads were just about wide enough for 1 car at places and when i reached the summit towards Loadpot Hill the road narrowed to the width of a "Smartcar"  :eek:

cumbria08032.jpg

look at the snakey road the whole way up here !!

cumbria08036.jpg

i drove as far as a car could go then slinked my way back down to head towards a little village called Pooleybridge which would take me down the west side of Ullswater.

Superb pictures Mr H :thumbsup: and I can see now why you were as dumbstruck as you were about the place . Definitely planning a trip there now .......Judith Chalmers isnt a patch on you :- " although you have the same shade of tan :b :*

wow, i am ashamed to say i have never been :b

looks amazing john :thumbsup:

maybe hely can come too....think we will need the vodka train if she joins us :eek:

just watch our trace after she has been on the loopy juice...i am not saying any more than that :wacko:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back