The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dad Died Today

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
In responce to a couple of pm that ive had,i would just like to explain why i haven't answered tyhem,and where ive been lately.On friday evening,i was at my mum n dads house,doing a wee bit of decorating for them.I was only able to do a couple of hours at a time,owing to back pain,so that meant being down every day.Little did i know on friday evening,when i said goodby to my dad,and that id see him in the morning,that it would be the last time we would ever meet up in this world.My Dad was my rock,and ive looked up to him all my life.Growing up,we never rewaly had a father son relationship,as i was so bad,and always getting into trouble,with the law,and the schooll attendance officers and so on.Lately though,over the last couple of years,we have realy made up for the past 30 odd years,as we became very good friends.We almost lost mum and dad a year n a half ago,due to a bad car accident,but they survived that,and i had the joy of having my parents for another while at least.My dad was into cameras,and because of my new found interest in them,and through the lurcher scene,and what have you,we joined a camera course,and camera club,which just started again last tuesday night.He was realy looking forward to this years camera club and stuff,as hed bought a new camera,and we spent all week planning things and talking about cameras ,as usual.One of the local LIDL stores was doin photo paper,so i left him at the back door on friday evening,and told him id pick him up in the morning,to go and get some.Within 5 minutes or so,my Dad fell on the bathroom floor,after suffering a massive brain hemorage,due to an Anurism bursting.He died that night,but was brought back again.Next morning,cause he was declared brain dead,they wantyed to turn off the breathing machines n that,and let him go.We weretold we would then have 2 minutes max with him,to say our goodby'e.But they hadn't met my dad yet,cause soon as they turned everthing off,his lungs kicked in on their own,and he was breathing by himself again.We still new though,that this was only borrowed time,that the LORD was giving us,to say goodby properly,and spend some special quality time with him.The last 3 days and nights,have been spent in the hospital,by my Dad's bedside,but this morning they removed an oxygin pipe from hie lungs,and he slipped away ever so peacefully.Ive just come home a wee while ago,and thought i would imform a few people,who have been looking for me on here.The nextfew days will be very trying for my brother's n sisters,but especialy for my 78 year old mother,who doesn't know what she is going to do without my dad,after being with him,for over 60 years.I would realy appreciate youre thoughts and prayers for my mum,as she is in an awful state.Sorry this is on the lurcher forrum,but this is where most of the people who know me,be on. Billy...

Sorry to hear of your sad loss Billy :( we would like to send our condolences to you and your family.

That's so sad, my thoughts are with you and your family
hug4.gif

:eek: HOW TERRIBLE FOR YOU ALL....MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY :huggles:

Oh Billy I am so very sorry for you and your family on your sad loss. My thoughts are with you all.

Jenny

so sorry to here of your loss of your father billy our thoughts are with you and your family

colin ,rhonda, and boys

Our hearts go out to you Billy,we are so sorry :huggles: Karen & George

so sorry to hear your news,my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Oh Billy, so very very sorry to hear this, I'll hold your family in my prayers.

So very sorry to hear of your loss. :( My dad is 81 and poorly, and like you, I love him so dearly and can't imagine a world without him in it. I really feel for you and all your family at this very sad time. :huggles:

So Sorry Billy to hear of your loss

"The pain of parting is a price which all those who love have to pay.

But the comfort of that love will always remain in precious memories"

My thoughts are with you and your Family

Ian

So sorry to hear of your loss Billy.My thoughts are with you and yours at this very traumatic time.May the grace of God help your mother in her hour of need and comfort you all in time to come,Linda

so sorry for your loss,my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time

x

So sorry to hear this Billy , My thoughts are with you and your Family , Vicki

SO SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR SAD LOSS THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,AT THIS TERRIBLE TIME I LOST MY FREIND A YEAR AGO LAST FRIDAY SO CAN IMAGINE HOW BAD YOU MUST BE FEELING.XXX

So sorry Billy, I know how you feel ! I lost my mum three years ago TODAY ! !

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Regards.

sorry billy. ive walked that road too. nothing in the world like losing your parents.

j

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back