The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dap

Tea_juice

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
The DAP pheremone diffuser and spray have arrived this morning. The diffuser is plugged in near to the crate, and the crate and bedding have been liberally sprayed.

Will this stuff work? Anyone else ever used to it to calm down anxious dogs - how succesful did you find it?

We got the cat one for when we got the puppy, and our previously animal hating cat, has decided puppies aren't too bad after all - so we're thinking it at least had some effect....

Tea_juice said:
The DAP pheremone diffuser and spray have arrived this morning. The diffuser is plugged in near to the crate, and the crate and bedding have been liberally sprayed.Will this stuff work? Anyone else ever used to it to calm down anxious dogs - how succesful did you find it?

We got the cat one for when we got the puppy, and our previously animal hating cat, has decided puppies aren't too bad after all - so we're thinking it at least had some effect....

I've found it works very well for us. Doesn't work for others. It needs a couple of weeks to properly saturate the environment, but you should know within a month or so whether it will work for you.

Wendy

Whilst in France at the beginning of this month they now have DAP collars, look like flea collars......... and they are raving about them. Hopefully it won't be long before they are available over here :thumbsup:

Heres a link........

DAP Collars

I have used the cat type for when I foster feral kittens, can't really say what difference it makes but they all come round eventually. I have the spray dog type and I think it works well. My older lurcher had always been a good traveller but about 3 years ago for no apparent reason she started to get really stressed in the van. She would shake and pant and look so scared. We tried allsorts like covering the cage, various herbal remedies (aconite drops helped)

Then we got the DAP spray & used it about 15 mins before each journey and after about 10 mins she would calm down & sleep. Before she could keep up the panting & shaking for 3 hours on a long journey. Not nice :(

Now we hardly ever need to use it as she seems to have broken the habit of being scared in the van, even went down to Cornwall (6 hrs) last year. :D

Where did you buy it please Teajuice :thumbsup: - wondered if it would work for Kobi when hes in the car - hes terribly car sick still at one year old. :(

Hi Janimal,

Was going to reccommend www.vetuk.co.uk as we bought the diffuser and spray for £31 including postage from there, but looking at the link Masta has posted, it seems cheaper by a pound or two from there :) And it'll certainly be cheaper then from your vet.

It's excellent stuff - can't get DeeDee out of her bed once it's been sprayed! :lol:

If you purchased the plug in type how long would you leave it plugged in for? Permanatley?

whippynit said:
If you purchased the plug in type how long would you leave it plugged in for? Permanatley?
You need to change it every month. We always have it in. It only has enough pheremone in it for a month, so even if you still see liquid, that's NOT the pheremone. I learned the hard way when I left it too long (thinking it still had some in it) and Chelsea started to revert.

I keep mine in year round as we have firing ranges nearby which set her off.

WEndy

Wendy said:
whippynit said:
You need to change it every month. We always have it in. It only has enough pheremone in it for a month, so even if you still see liquid, that's NOT the pheremone. I learned the hard way when I left it too long (thinking it still had some in it) and Chelsea started to revert.

I keep mine in year round as we have firing ranges nearby which set her off.

WEndy

yes i agree...keep it plugged in all the time :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back