The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Desert Island ...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Mr Whippy said:
Fave book - The Wasp Factory - Ian Banks or The Dark is Rising - Susan Cooper (basically anything surreal/escapist that I don't teach the kids at school - although, that said, I REALLY love Frankenstein.)Fave Film -  OOOH, tricky? The Wizard of Oz is an xmas fave. Some Like it Hot with Marilyn Monroe.

Fave Music - Anything by The Smiths, What Difference Does it Make? and There is a Light that Never Goes Out, in particular.

Fave music vid - Suedehead, Morrissey.

I don't know quite what you'll read into me from that snapshot of me.? :D   But I presume it is quite an honest reflection as they were the first things that came into my head.

I haven't read either of your book choices - will add them to my list of things to read. I'm enjoying getting all these ideas for books to read as I hate to be without a good book and get a bit 'anstsy' when I come to the end of one I've enjoyed and can't think what to read next :D

~Sarah~ said:
FifeJillandIan said:
What's your favourite book, film and music?
It's so hard to choose just one - really depends on the mood I'm in at the time.

Favourite books - The English Patient, Rebecca, Wuthering Heights.

Favourite films - I never tire of watching Educating Rita - I'm always in tears at the end. Also love Brief Encounter.

Favourite music - Listening to Mika a lot at the moment. Love Eva Cassidy, Katie Melua, Leonard Cohen, David Gray, Chris Rea. Scheherezade (first piece of classical music I remember hearing) and Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No 2 (when feeling particularly miserable!).

Nice choices - I'm thinking you're a bit of a romantic too :D

AnnSa said:
My fave book would be Papillon by Henri Charriere  

My Fave is American werewolf in London

And i really cant choose between Bruce Springsteen,

Joe Cocker, Amy Winehouse, Dirty Dancing soundtrack,

Scissor sisters, Mika.............  :lol:

For years and years I didn't watch an American Werewolf in London despite loads of people telling me how good it was - i thought it would be too scary for me!!! Eventually, Ian persuaded me to watch it last year and I really enjoyed it - great film and not too scary for me at all :lol:

My daughter loves the film Dirty Dancing and we can often be heard singing along to the soundtrack in the car!

oooooh these replies are reminding me of books,music and films i love.james taylor(sweet baby james)joni mitchells superb album 'blue',an american werewolf.ive seen the raven with vincent price.i recently read his autobiography,what an intelligent and avid art collector he was. :thumbsup: it reminded me of another film thats an old fave with brandon lee (bruce lees son)'the crow'a very dark gothic tale(i LIKE dark gothic tales!) ;)

the film the raven was based on edgar allen poes poem.i quite like poe too but hes not to everyones tastes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FID1CiB4bcU

Last edited by a moderator:
fav book - virginia andrews -flowers in the attic and the rest of the series , macha an irish set story of a gypsy girl and a horse , also a child called it , very sad and a true story :( there are others in that series which i havent read as yet , love jilly cooper for light reading too , also how sad is this i used to enjoy the old mills and boons!!! :eek: :b

fav film - depends on what mood really , racing stripes for the adult humour and can be watched with the kids, dirty dancing , sunday afternoon on sofa, chitty chitty bang bang, then green mile and shawshank redemption both make me cry , and 1 i really want to see again is copacabana :eek:

fav music , mr robbie williams himself :wub: then mika ,scissor sisters , amy winehouse or pink

fav video , all time fav purely for lust value , let me entertain you !!!!!!

kris said:
oooooh these replies are reminding me of books,music and films i love.james taylor(sweet baby james)joni mitchells superb album 'blue',an american werewolf.ive seen the raven with vincent price.i recently read his autobiography,what an intelligent and avid art collector he was. :thumbsup: it reminded me of another film thats an old fave with brandon lee (bruce lees son)'the crow'a very dark gothic tale(i LIKE dark gothic tales!) ;) the film the raven was based on  edgar allen poes poem.i quite like poe too but hes not to everyones tastes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FID1CiB4bcU

Oooh, Edgar Allen Poe - the tell-tale heart - creepy but awful good.

Sweet Baby James is a lovely song isn't it. I enjoyed The Crow as well - I also like dark and creepy ;)

Oh, gotta go I think I hear 'some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.' :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread :D ......Right ........

Fav book = The Magic Cottage by James Herbert

Fav film is between The Crow and Nothing To Lose

Fav music is Take Thats new stuff and Matchbox 20

Fav music video is Take Thats Shine and Guns and Roses November Rain ......

The Crow is my favourite film too

Everyday is like Sunday and How soon is now The smiths for songs

Just cant choose a book

Close to me Video The Cure

Strike Whippets said:
Great thread  :D   ......Right ........

Who's in nothing to lose?

Louise_Simon said:
The Crow is my favourite film tooEveryday is like Sunday and How soon is now The smiths for songs

Just cant choose a book

Close to me Video The Cure

The Cure :thumbsup: I really liked Lovecats by them

FifeJillandIan said:
Strike Whippets said:
Great thread  :D   ......Right ........

Who's in nothing to lose?

Tim Robbins and Martin Lawrence :thumbsup:

I've just remembered another great film, it's "The Sixth Sense" with Bruce Willis. It was on again last week & even tho I've seen it a few times I watched it again. It's one of those films which you have to see again as there is such a good twist :eek: & you need to watch it again to see if you can spot the clues.

J.T. said:
I've just remembered another great film, it's "The Sixth Sense" with Bruce Willis. It was on again last week & even tho I've seen it a few times I watched it again. It's one of those films which you have to see again as there is such a good twist :eek:   & you need to watch it again to see if you can spot the clues.
Yes, it's one of those rare films when you really don't see the twist coming 'til right at the end - well at least I didn't (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back