The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Didnt Have Camera

midlanderkeith

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Took jill out earlier for walkies on some playing fields nr to me, she was having her usual belt round, when this staffie appeared running loose, so i called my dog and picked her up just in time cos the staffie was at my ankles, this bloke came out and said its ok mate shes friendly, so i carefully put jill down, boy oh boy it was a joy to see em both running after one another, all the neighbours came out to watch them play, but god it had a bigger back on it than me, so now jill has a new friend called diesel, just thought id share that

keith

its great to hear of a nice story involving staffs :thumbsup: i'm tired of only bad stories :(

:D AWWW Thats nice to hear :D

Not all are bad :thumbsup: ,,,never met a nice one myself :(

Wendy I did see him last year, but was scared stiff of him, so never went too near him :( ,,he is massive :- " , Kevin did keep him on a tight lead, to let the kids clap him as they were scared of staffie's due to the 2 attcks by them, but thanks to Kruger they are fine with them now :D

roy need to meet him hes lovly and was realy scared when our lacey barked at him yet ges twice her size its lovly when staffys are brought up properly there lovly dogs just wish there were move with good owners and les chavs owning them.

hope you meet up with lillies new frend and get some picks next time keith

lalena said:
its great to hear of a nice story involving staffs :thumbsup: i'm tired of only bad stories :(

Here Here! :)

My mum's staffie plays lovely with my Whips, despite being 12 and slowly losing her battle with cancer :(

Glad Jill has found a lovely new friend :huggles:

midlanderkeith said:
Took jill out earlier for walkies on some playing fields nr to me, she was having her usual belt round, when this staffie appeared running loose, so i called my dog and picked her up just in time cos the staffie was at my ankles, this bloke came out and said its ok mate shes friendly, so i carefully put jill down, boy oh boy it was a joy to see em both running after one another, all the neighbours came out to watch them play, but god it had a bigger back on it than me, so now jill has a new friend called diesel, just thought id share that                            keith

I also took my two girls over the local footy field near my house last week and could see some lads playing footy but no dogs so let the two off and away they went sniffed around a bit then up to the kids and then out of nowhere came a great big staffie and ran straight at them. I tried calling them back but no such luck and when they met up he sniffed them and then chased them around and around never snapping or barking he was great but no owner everr came near and the kids said it did not belong to anyone they knew it followed us to the shops and back even up to the house. so yes there are still a few good ones about even the ones that are left to roam.

That's a lovely story Keith :D , what a shame ypu didn't have your camera with you. So glad that Jill is so much better :D :D .

Really glad Jill"s back to her old self Keith, :thumbsup: shame we have no pics though. :rant:

Its funny my old dog Chip was attacked by a staffy and I was terrified of them for ages and am still very wary. But Oscar and Kobi have a friend a Staffy in the village whos a full blown male, Tyson, and they all get along fine. :huggles:

Just proves there are some nice ones too :huggles: - Well done Jilly and your new friend. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of our foster mums for kittens has the biggest, softest staffy bitch ever. She will lie on the floor & let all the kittens run over her, so sweet.

Keith, I know it's a worry sometimes when an unknown dog comes running up but picking your dog up can sometimes make things worse. It seems to make the other dog even more determined to check out your dog & also exposes your dogs underneath to the other one.

When Hebe was about 6 months she was set on by 2 litter sister staffies, they took her by surprise cos she could easily have outrun them. She is not a fighter so she froze, they roughed her up a bit (no bites) but cos she didnt move a muscle or make a sound they lost interest & ran off to their totally oblivious owner :rant:

It was awful waiting for them to leave her alone but if I'd shouted or moved to interfere I think they would have torn her apart :rant:

If I'd picked her up she would have been worse off & I'd probably have been bitten too.

Sorry, just realised I've turned your nice happy story into a lecture :oops:

Julie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back