The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Digging

It is possible that Olive is not comfortable herself with so much heat, she may find it distressing having to get under the lamp when feeding her puppies. Your puppies are 4 weeks old now and live indoors, I'm sure they do not need a heater all the time now, try turning it off in the daytime or just raising it so that there is not so much direct heat.

Eclampsia / milk fever is life threatening. Although if you have worked as a vet I am sure you are aware of this!
Has Olive cleansed properly, it's possible that she is still dirty inside or maybe has a retained afterbirth.
A very urgent vet visit is what I would suggest.

It is possible that Olive is not comfortable herself with so much heat, she may find it distressing having to get under the lamp when feeding her puppies. Your puppies are 4 weeks old now and live indoors, I'm sure they do not need a heater all the time now, try turning it off in the daytime or just raising it so that there is not so much direct heat.

Eclampsia / milk fever is life threatening. Although if you have worked as a vet I am sure you are aware of this!
Has Olive cleansed properly, it's possible that she is still dirty inside or maybe has a retained afterbirth.
A very urgent vet visit is what I would suggest.
when she had given birth she had retained a placenta and the vet gave her an injection of OxyContin the placenta passed the vets did 2 ultrasounds and a x-ray with all clear... they also took bloods for eclampsia and came back clear @excuseme

We have decided to cancel the appointment because I just took olive rectal temp and she is a normal temp and her heart rate is perfect and the discharge I will keep my eye on as it says its normal until 6 weeks postpartum... I know its best to take her to the vets but I cannot do it as work have now asked me to be in work early and no one can take them not even my feyonce cant....

Last edited:
Well I got of work early and took a dash to the vets at about 12ish' and she is all clear from anything but she said that we need to pop in in another 5 days just to check again but their all good :)

Well I got of work early and took a dash to the vets at about 12ish' and she is all clear from anything but she said that we need to pop in in another 5 days just to check again but their all good :)

That's good news. Did the vet have anything to say about the digging?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back