The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Do any animals scare you?

Am always trying to get a grip of my fear of spiders. When I had my daughter I was determined to not pass this problem on to her and I did really well, even sitting with her while she would have spiders crawling up her arm in the garden or if she walked through a web,turning to me with a spider on her head I'd manage to remain calm, go me I thought..until I was stood cooking one day when she was about 3years old and I felt a tickle on my neck, scratched it but it remained, so I pulled the polo neck out to get a better scratch at skin, stupidly looked down and there was a huge spider right there,inside the polo neck!! Sadly that's when I lost it, every piece of clothing came off quicker than a blink all the while turning the air blue with a stream of swear words and yes all in front of my daughter... Hmmm... Ahwell, 10years on and I can remove a spider with a glass and paper, if I have to, and my daughter runs away, best laid plans and all that eh!:rolleyes:

I am ok with spiders but I did get bitten by one once. I had scooped it up in my hands, to throw it outside, and the ungrateful **** bit me! It was quite a sharp pain but it didn't last.

Add one here to the spider list. I've also had a bite from one as I pulled grass for a horse. Thumb tingled for 24 hours afterwards. I do try to put them out with a glass and a card- but if they're really gross have to use a cup so as not to make eye-contact on the way to the garden. :eek: What if I fainted and woke up to find it sitting on my chest staring...?

QUOTE, merlina:

... if they're really gross, I have to use a cup - so as not to make eye-contact on the way to the garden. :eek:
What if I fainted, and woke up to find it sitting on my chest, staring...?

made me laugh, LOL - thanks! :D

Really good to know as I'm going to be staying in France in summer on the way to Spain.

rabbits :rolleyes:

It's not so much that they scare me, i think they look cute. But i could never handle one. We had a white, pink-eyed rabbit when i was little and it was evil! lol. I remember it being out running around the garden, i wasn't aware. I bent down to tie my laces and the little s@&! bit the underneath of my thigh! For no reason, scared of them ever since haha

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back