The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Does Your Whippet Do This ?

stuhough

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

Our whippet has been doing this for some time ! But we have not really payed much attention to it , That is untill todays aftternoon stroll. My wife and myself were sat in the local park with Phoebe on the leash , she just started mowing the grass :) I mean ripping it out of the soil , not eating just tearing at it , What's going on surely she has not turned into a Flymo .

Please Help :p

perhaps she could smell something interesting in the grass?

our pup does it all the time, grass flying everywhere... but he is mad! :lol:

Mine do that, not sure why but my grandad always reckons it's some mineral in the soil / roots of the grass, could be well off the mark but.......................

Some of mine like pulling up clumps of grass and then shake all the dirt everywhere and then race off with them, usually one pulls up the clump and the others then chase .................. good game.

If we are hanging around at shows or lure coursing though Django starts pulling up grass just for something to do!!! Does the same with his bedding if he is in a cage!!!

dessie said:
Some of mine like pulling up clumps of grass and then shake all the dirt everywhere and then race off with them, usually one pulls up the clump and the others then chase .................. good game.

My two do it too (w00t) !!! Used to have a lovely lawn at the back, but no more :(

Aghhh so we are not alone then the mineral thing seems like a good idea :) So much for todays wonder foods then , Do they grow out of it , or is it here to stay, the funny thing is though once she starts walking on grass of any length it seems to send her in a crazzee happy frenzy , there is no stopping her, Well most people at the park find it amusing , usually I let the wife step in at this moment , I go and hide behind a tree :)

Great

Some of mine do this particularly when they get excited! You should see the field at the racing esp if several relations are there!!!!!!!

:lol: Yep - mine do it too - you want to see the holes in our lawn - looks like they are trying to dig down to OZ. :lol:

Tam is the only dog ive had who does this :rant: . There are loads of holes in the garden now and at the dog track :"> . He seems to grab as much clumps of grass as he can into his mouth and runs with it :rant: , then digs like crazy and grabs more :devil:

My back garden is a right mess :eek:

Why oh why oh why didnt i look at this BEFORE I got Tilly :rant: :rant:

I had a lovely garden :( ........i really think she is off to Oz too........ :D .

I could just amke her a sandpit and give her a bucket and spade :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back