The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Died In Car

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I would never leave my dogs in a car anytime never mind when it's hot. I myself hate sitting in a hot car so I would never leave my dogs in the car if I can't stand it myself. It's just totally idiotic!! R.I.P. little one

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

SO SICKENING AND MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL SO MUCH :angry: :angry:

RIP LITTLE ONE

When we got to a garden centre on Sunday,there was four dogs,one lurcher,one labrador and two springer spaniels,cramp in the back of the car with just the windows open slightly (w00t) (w00t) ,panting like hell :( so i storm in the garden centre,complaining like hell :b ,the staff opened all the doors(as it was onlock)and try to find the owners :rant: :rant: ,unfortunately we had to get back home,so i hope they gave them hell,and called the police or RSPCA.ITS MADE ME SO SICK :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

BeeJay said:
damitjanet said:
View attachment 33035What is wrong with people these days? I dont even leave my dog in the car in winter if the sun is out. If I do leave her its only for a few mins while I pop into a shop or something and not for a long period. Even when she is out in the garden with me during this hot weather I am constantly checking she is not in the full sun. She is blind so she can't always find the shade so I pick her up and move her to it. There are too many idiots in this world and that is putting it mildly!!
Something about looking at a rough coated terrier always makes me smile. Your little girl is lovely.

Thank you she realy is a little darling!

i cant believe the crass stupidity of some people.R.I.P. little one. :( pity you had to pay the price for their ignorance

stupid people :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I have resisted reading this, and now I have I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F~~king FUMING. What is the matter with these STUPID IDIOTS. HOW DARE they murder a dog.

Today, on the way home from work I needed to literally buzz in and out of the shop. I left a window open in the car for my boys. There was a new woman on the quickie till cocking every-thing up............It took her ages and I was almost on the point of hysteria after3 minutes of waiting.............Luckily another till was freed just as I was going to give it all up....................3 MINUTES! And those dogs were very hot in a ventilated car which had already been air conditioned down and parked in the shade, imagine 10 minutes, 15 minutes 20 minutes an hour..............TORTURE!!!!!!!!!! I HATE STUPID ANIMAL MURDERERS because that is what they are. :angry: :angry: :angry: :rant: 47 degrees.B@stards :rant: :rant: :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rant: :rant:

Rafferty comes to work with me most days, he loves sitting in the van with me all day but today I left him sulking at home cos it was just too hot for him,(and me but I don't get a choice.)

One of our Inspectors was called to a dog in a hot car last summer & he arrived at the same time as the police. Suddenly this guy came tearing out of a shop shouting "I've only been gone 5 minutes."

SO... they got the dog out & took him into a shop to have a drink & cool off & the Insp asked the owner to get into the car for a chat!

All the windows were shut & the first thing the bloke does is go to open one but Insp says NO, leave it, your dog wasn't able to open the window.

SO...they sit there for 5mins, absolutely sweltering, bloke in suit & tie, Insp in uniform. :sweating: :sweating:

After about 3 mins the guy is loosening his collar etc & the Insp is wondering how much longer he can hold out but he got the message across.

Hopefully that bloke wont ever be that stupid again but it took that to make him realise what he'd done :rant:

What a terrible way for these poor dogs to die :rant: :rant: Put the owners in a car for 12 hours min,

R I P .

When I was a sales rep , manys the times Ive let a note on the car windscreen saying RSPCA and Police informed ) thats if I didnt have time to wait to give owners a mouthful ( of advice of course :- "

Many years ago there was a great guy called Les Rogerson , Now Les was a real rough diamond :- " Bald head ( before it was done for fashion ) big strong guy , but at one show at Newark where Les was Sec ,

a dog was locked in a hot car , Les gave an annoucement and gave the owner 2 mins to get to the car , As Les had previosly smashed his way into a car at a previous show the said owner was there ASAP , :- " He didnt get away without having the rath of Les though ,

When Les was around nobody dared do it at newark

R I P LES ,

Even after all these years hes still missed by many . A heart attack at 42 when he was waiting for a byepass . :( Leaving a young widow and little girl .

Now Les loved his dogs , whatever breed they were , but Staffs , Greyhounds and whippets were his passion

Sorry to change the topic , ive gone all morose now :(

Last edited by a moderator:
JAX said:
What a terrible way for these poor dogs to die  :rant:   :rant: Put the owners in a car for 12 hours min,
R I P .

When I was a sales rep , manys the times Ive let a note on the car windscreen saying RSPCA and Police informed ) thats if I didnt have time to wait to give owners a mouthful ( of advice of course  :- "

Many years ago there was a great guy called Les Rogerson , Now Les was a real rough diamond  :- "  Bald head ( before it was done for fashion ) big strong guy , but at one show at Newark where Les was Sec ,

a  dog was locked in a hot car , Les gave an annoucement  and gave the owner 2 mins to get to the car , As Les had previosly smashed his way into a car at a previous show the said owner was there ASAP , :- "  He didnt get away without having the rath of Les though ,

When Les was around  nobody dared do it at newark

R I P LES ,

Even after all these years hes still missed by many . A heart attack at 42 when he was waiting for a byepass . :(   Leaving a young widow and little girl .

Now Les loved his dogs , whatever breed they were , but Staffs , Greyhounds and whippets were his passion

Sorry to change the topic , ive gone all morose now  :(

He sounds like he was a great person.

I wouldn't hesitate to smash a car window if I saw a dog in distress. I just don't understand how any-one could even think it was OK to cook an animal :rant: It's bad enough getting from A to B with the windows down and the air con on in this extreme weather :sweating:

it goes on and it aint gunna stop cus sum folk r just plain stupid..just give me 5 minutes with them, id make em sweat,. george ur spot on m8, stick em inside, a dog kennl would be good..

Disgraceful - cannot believe people can still be so irresponsible despite the warnings - do they have no common sense? :rant: :rant:

Those responsible should be locked up in a sauna for 2 hours to see how they like it. :angry: :angry:

Dave

Edit - Make that 4 hours :rant: :rant: :rant:

That poor little whippet.

What is wrong with people, that owner must have s**t for brains, the stupid prat. So needless and senseless. :rant: :rant: :rant:

RIP little whippet.

JAX said:
What a terrible way for these poor dogs to die  :rant:   :rant: Put the owners in a car for 12 hours min,
R I P .

When I was a sales rep , manys the times Ive let a note on the car windscreen saying RSPCA and Police informed ) thats if I didnt have time to wait to give owners a mouthful ( of advice of course  :- "

Many years ago there was a great guy called Les Rogerson , Now Les was a real rough diamond  :- "  Bald head ( before it was done for fashion ) big strong guy , but at one show at Newark where Les was Sec ,

a  dog was locked in a hot car , Les gave an annoucement  and gave the owner 2 mins to get to the car , As Les had previosly smashed his way into a car at a previous show the said owner was there ASAP , :- "  He didnt get away without having the rath of Les though ,

When Les was around  nobody dared do it at newark

R I P LES ,

Even after all these years hes still missed by many . A heart attack at 42 when he was waiting for a byepass . :(   Leaving a young widow and little girl .

Sorry to change the topic , ive gone all morose now  :(

Should be a few more people like Les in the world. :) :thumbsup:

Good grief!

I don't even take Dij out for a walk in the blazing heat of the day - i wait til evening when it's cooled down enough for him to enjoy being outside, rather than suffer it in silence.

I can where nice white cotton to refelct the heat - he only has the one coat and it's fur!

...and in the winter - if I need a coat He needs a coat.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back