The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Nearly Snatched???

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
its exactly like your child :( you raise them, love them, nurse them through illness. just a shame the law doesnt consider pets this way :angry: rarely views them as anything but possessions :angry:

knowing you, i'm sure the would be thief had a very lucky escape :D

seriously, give your babies big hugs :huggles: , and for yourself a rather large glass of wine ;)

nina said:
lalena said:
:( poor you nina! i'm glad youre all safe :huggles: people like that need locking up :angry: why should all us law abiding individuals have to fear for the safety of our loved ones, just going for a walk???

Thanks Lalena, it is scary cos all you want to do is walk your dogs in peace. I love walking & watching them having a hare around & enjoy themselves but you feel you cant even do this one simple thing now without putting them in danger.

To me, to have them taken would be like having your child snatched. May sound stupid to some i know, but it near on pushed me over the edge last time & i know i could never go through that again. :(

It doesn't sound stupid at all! I know I would feel the same. So glad that you & your dogs are OK :huggles:

Nina so glad you and your dogs are safe and ok, what an awful experience i totally understand what you mean about them been like children to you, ours are to us, i couldnt bare the thought of someone taking my dogs, i no longer walk them alone either, i just think its not worth the risk anymore. I

Can you report it to the police incase someone else has had the same thing, just wondered if they could keep an eye out for him.

sunny said:
Nina so glad you and your dogs are safe and ok, what an awful experience i totally understand what you mean about them been like children to you, ours are to us, i couldnt bare the thought of someone taking my dogs, i no longer walk them alone either, i just think its not worth the risk anymore. I

Can you report it to the police incase someone else has had the same thing, just wondered if they could keep an eye out for him.

Unfortunately they really aren't interested, they couldn't of cared less when i reported my 2 stolen, just said not to worry they'd probably be dumped sooner or later.

ALso a few months back my friend rang them cos she was followed over the field by 2 guys whilst walking her dogs & they basically said if the guys hadn't actually done anything or attacked her in anyway there was nothing they could do. :(

omg ...so sorry nina that this has happened to you! :( ...glad you and your dogs are safe :thumbsup: i wish i had someone to walk with too cos there are so many places i would go if i wasnt on my own...its not fair that we have to worry about people attacking us and nicking our dogs :rant:

I'm so glad that you are all safe, even though you must be very badly shaken.

It is a really sad world when you can't take your dogs out without arming yourself .

Do you thing that the local paper may print something - just to warn other dog walkers - so many parents let young children take the dogs out and the elderly are also vulnerable. I have no time for the police, they don't give a toss about dogs.

Take care Nina, and thankyou for telling us about it, we should all be more vigilant now.

OMG Nina, what a lucky escape you and your IG had ... and definitely, what a weird way for that bloke to behave, he can't have had good intentions on his mind.

I don't walk anywhere lonely these days, if I am by myself with the dogs, don't let them off lead when I'm by myself either, only when my husband is with me or a friend has come along for a walk.

It is so sad that we have to be so careful. I always carry my mobile phone with me, never thought to carry anything else ...

I think Jools' suggestion about the local paper featuring the story might be helpful (but no identifying photos of you or your dogs, obviously!).

Gill

As I said to you before when you first told me about this,he sounded VERY dodgy indeed Nina,I know you are very vigilant and walk them where there are people about but this seems to be rife at the moment.Thank god Lara did'nt go to him.I dread to think what state you would'ven been in then!!!!!! :eek:

It's just a pity that there is no-one else round your area that maybe could join you for your walks. Most people walk their dogs quite routinely and this makes it very easy for the would be dog thief,but unfortunately it is'nt always possible to move the walking times around as most of work or have other commitments :(

I'm just really glad he was unsuccessful this time and you and the girls are none the worse for wear :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad everything is ok, and that your dogs are safe. Must have been a nightmare for you, especially having been a victim once before :(

Take care and be safe

Many thanks everyone.

I have altered my walks & am going to somewhere different now, unfortunately i cant vary the times too much because of work commitments, BUT its true we get into a routine, walk at the same times in the same places & it only needs someone to watch you for a few days, get to know where you park your car, what route you take, when you are on your own & before you know it you are a sitting target!

Will keep changing my routes now every few days or so & be more paranoid now (if thats possible??) than ever!

Nina

I know exactly how you feel, a few years back some gypsies, who had been out coursing in the fields near my ex's mums house, drew up alongside me when I took him for a quick wee before getting the car, asked how much I would sell him for, I said he wasn't for sale etc.....he offered me 5 THOUSAND (can u believe that) for him and i told him no he really isn't for sale. I was getting scared then as my ex was still in his mums house. The blokey was in a van with the side door open and about 4 or 5 other doggies in the back, next thing I know his mate is telling him "grab the f*****g dog and lets go" :eek: I was terrified, I screamed and fortunately my ex was just coming out of his mums, he legged it over to me, grabbed the dog and we ran.

I have never ever been so scared, I know for a fact, if the ex hadn't come out my doggy would have been snatched from my hands and I couldn't of done a thing about it.

5 thousand pound, I ask you, why would they offer that amount of money for a dog who wouldn't earn them that???? He wasn't neutered at the time so I guess they saw the potential in that? Bloody muppets, they should go buy there own flipping dogs in the correct way :angry: :rant: :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
feenelly, its a distraction technique :( youre stunned, spluttering and DISTRACTED. it gives them a chance to make their move.

Nina, what a terrifying experience :( :( :( , so glad you and all your dogs are fine. :thumbsup: :huggles:

Zephyr said:
Nina, what a terrifying experience :( :( :( , so glad you and all your dogs are fine. :thumbsup: :huggles:

I'm fine now, wasn't at the time must admit, but i hope by posting it on here it just makes EVERYONE that little bit more aware.

Its easy to be complacent & think it cant ever happen to you & maybe you a read a post & think its scary but luckily it hasnt happened where you live.

It can happen anywhere.

It makes my blood run cold when i read posts like this from time to time cos i know what the owners must be going through & the poor dogs, snatched from the safety & love of all that they know.

I certainly dont want to turn people in to nervous wrecks or to stop them enjoying walking their dogs BUT just please all be aware, VERY aware, cos it can happen no matter where you are even if you think your dogs are safe in your garden, your car, anywhere, just be that little bit more vigilant, although i'm sure everybody is already.

I think someone must be watching over me cos i thankfully got my first 2 back first time around & escaped this close shave & i really think that if i hadn't of reacted so quickly in both instances it may have been a different story.

Just to ALL of you, whatever breeds you have, keep safe & keep your little ones safe wherever you are.

Have to say when you have come this close to losing something that you hold so dear it puts everything else in to perspective & you find most of things are pretty meaningless in comparison.

What an awful experience for you to go through, glad you andyour dogs got away safely :thumbsup:

Julie

How scary for you Nina, I'm so glad that your dogs are okay :thumbsup: I have to walk the dogs by myself most of the time, I shall be even more careful in the future. I'm already paranoid since losing Luci and realising the scale of dog theft in this country.

Take care :huggles:

Luci said:
How scary for you Nina, I'm so glad that your dogs are okay :thumbsup: I have to walk the dogs by myself most of the time, I shall be even more careful in the future. I'm already paranoid since losing Luci and realising the scale of dog theft in this country.

Take care :huggles:

I've read your posts Luci's mum & so many nights prayed for the safe return of your little girl.

I never give up hope that one day you will be reunited & for all the help it is i am for ever looking out for her as i know so many on K9 are.

God bless, my heart goes out to you & NEVER give up hope :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back