The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Sleeping In Car Overnight

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How about hiring a camper van then you could both sleep in there and it would be somewhere quiet and out of the way for during the day too?

bezza said:
I have a grandchild who is allergic to dogs. My dog hates kennels and does not like being left at home . When I visit my grandson would it be acceptable/humane to let  my dog sleep in the car during the summer months? Obviously it would be too cold at this time of the year. She is a rough haired lurcher. I would of course provide adeqaute ventilation and fresh water at all times. Any advice appreciated.
When I was growing up we had a yellow lab who came everywhere with us. She came on summer holidays when we stayed on a farm in Cornwall, and slept in the car with a window open, and a bowl of water. My Dad got up very early to walk her, and she spent the whole day with us on the beach. She returned to the car when we ate dinner, then we went off on another walk before the dog went to bed, and so did we!

This all worked very well.

But to do it NOW, NO, NO!

It only worked because of the circumstances - the farm, the beach, us being around all day to play with her. Plus, it was 1977 ish. Dog theft? What was that? Windows left open? Fine!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back