The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog started going upstairs

JoshBenaron

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My dog has always been downstairs as we've trained her to stay downstairs (I have allergies!)
She's started going upstairs for some reason, constantly. What could have caused this change in behaviour and how do I train her to stay downstairs? Also what shall I do when I find her upstairs?

Could it be cooler or more comfortable upstairs? Could it smell more comforting, e.g. your bedroom will smell strongly of you? (I'm not implying amything about your personal hygiene of course!)

By far the easiest course of action is to get a stairgate. You can get freestanding wood ones like this, which are easy to use and portable: Barkshire 2 Panel Folding Dog Gate 132 x 91cm | Free UK Delivery

Don’t get me wrong my dogs came upstairs 8 yr old ish maybe 9 but always on my permission,, I pay there food, I pay there vet bills , so they do as I want, they respected that, And never really upset me in that’ matter , a couple of times They was told of course .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back