The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dog Tags

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Am I reading this right?

You are not suppose to put the dogs name on the tag?

This is the first I have heard about this (w00t)

I have I am micro chipped and the telephone number on one side and the boys names on the other.... not to mention their names on their leather collars.

I'm worried now :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Cornish said:
Am I reading this right?

This is the first I have heard about this  (w00t)

I have I am micro chipped and the telephone number on one side and the boys names on the other.... not to mention their names on their leather collars.

I'm worried now  :(

thats where i was getting confussed because i know alot of people have collars or tags with names on and most of the sites i was looking at had spaces or a side for names, but my mum has always said never to put a name on a animal (wee used to have cats though) not really sure why as if someone was going to steel them knowing there name would make little difference i think?? but maybe someone else has the right answer???

k4tie-d said:
Cornish said:
Am I reading this right?

This is the first I have heard about this  (w00t)

I'm worried now  :(

thats where i was getting confussed because i know alot of people have collars or tags with names on and most of the sites i was looking at had spaces or a side for names, but my mum has always said never to put a name on a animal (wee used to have cats though) not really sure why as if someone was going to steel them knowing there name would make little difference i think?? but maybe someone else has the right answer???

Its up to you what you put on it :thumbsup: I think people are dubious to put names on because they could pass the dog off as their own if they know its name because firstly it will be more willing to listen and also if a dog is chipped the person who found/stole it would have to confirm its name if asked by a vet :thumbsup:

Mine have their microchip tag and on the normal tag Calenna Whippets and both mine and Andy's mobile numbers :thumbsup:

Mine has their name and 'I am micro chipped, please scan me'

and home and mobile number on other side.

I need their names, with 2 lots of 2 dogs a similar size, I want to make sure everyone has the correctly fitting collar on.

Anyway, what self-respecting whippet or iggie would walk off with someone just cos they knew their name?????? :wacko:

Mine certainly wouldn't!!! :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back