The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs And Eye Colouring

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Polly did NOT want to be disturbed to have a photo taken of her eyes :angry: :angry: However, a piece of Jerky persuaded her to lift her head for a second. :thumbsup:

Today her eyes are more caramel than fudge! They seem to alter with the light.

Not very good, but here she is 8)

polly_eyes.jpg

My first ever post on K9 was about the colour of eyes as Archies were still very blue at about 5 months

archiehead5mnth.jpg

But they did darken to a beautiful amber colour, which although are light match his coat perfectly :wub: .

bUSYARCH.jpg

When I first posted about his eye colour I think it was Beejay who told me to check his coat to see if he had the odd blue hair and he has!! :thumbsup: I was amazed, this is an indication that he is a 'dilute' and even his nose pigmentation isn't black more a bluey black. I was so impressed with that bit of an info, which is probably why I still post on here 2 and a half years on!!

To think if he was born in USA he couldn't be shown because this would be a fault :blink:

When we first brought Jilly home she had the most gorgeous blue eyes :wub: then they turned to a sort of hazel but funny just the other day I noticed that at 10 months her eyes are changing again to a darker brown colour.

This is her aged about 10 weeks in one and 4 months in other :wub:

View attachment 17380

Resized_DSCF0144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
all my blue pigmented dogs have the paler amber eyes and the blacks/ black pigmented have lovely dark rich hazel eyes, heres my oto's daughter :wub:

1.JPG

Not whippet eyes but greyhound eyes

This is Judy her eyes are very dark almost black

lastscan.jpg

0bf6570d.jpg

Jacks are more of an hazel colour

Jack_number_one_son.jpg

jakeanddogs020.jpg

Alyson 'n' Hounds

Aww what lovely lovely pictures everyone, All the dogs are are just so different and gorgeous. :wub: - the eyes just fascinate me :unsure: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pics everyone :thumbsup:

Here's one of mum Suki on the left, & son Pepe on the right

Eyes1.jpg

Pepe had the most unusual eyes in the litter, here's a puppy pic of him...

Eyes2.jpg

Gorgeous! :wub:

I always used to say I preferred the slightly lighter eye of dilute coloured whippets. I still think they look more keen and alert, but since I've had Gullet, I am starting to think I might like dark eyes as well. Actually, her eyes look even darker in real life than in this picture.

5a7a8b5d.jpg

Lucis mum - I just love Pepes eyes :wub: :wub: and Suki too - just stunning.

Thanks for showing us.

and Barmand - lovely dark melting eyes there too. :thumbsup:

I had a few pups in my last litter with very dark eyes, but their father almost has black ones.

Lisa J.

Lisa, what beautiful puppies, lovely litter.

I just love the dark eyes.

Lida

Lisa J - what gorgeous puppies those are - lovely eyes. :wub: :wub:

Annie's eyes are a beautiful chocolate colour, although it depends on the light, sometimes they look lighter than other times. She has black skin pigment around her eyes, which makes her look as if she's wearing kohl liner. :D

annies_eyes.jpg

Lovely Mazza - and hey your new signature picture is Fab :thumbsup: - I want Photo Shop I want Photoshop :clown: :thumbsup:

Janimal said:
Lovely Mazza - and hey your new signature picture is Fab  :thumbsup: - I want Photo Shop I want Photoshop :clown:   :thumbsup:
Thanks Janis

I hadn't tried to do animations before today(although it looks like fading in and out), had a bit of spare time so delved into it. I surprised myself when it came good. :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back