The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dogs getting strangers to talk.

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Biker John, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Biker John

Biker John Well-Known Member Registered

I recently spent a week in hospital, being a nicotine addict I struggled out a few times the first day. Outside each time their were a number of people either smoking or vaping. On the second day, we arranged a time and my friend brought my lovely girl Folly to visit. Yes it was lovely to see her and she loved seeing me. But I noticed that most people around came over to fuss her and we finished up with quite a group chatting away. From then on, apart from the day of my op, she visited and each time she had the same effect. So a dog that can not talk and only knew me and my friend, without trying, got a group together being nice to each other.

2. JoanneF

JoanneF Well-Known Member Registered

Dogs are great conversation starters; but hope you are ok @Biker John.

niamh123 and Biker John like this.
  3. Mad Murphy

Mad Murphy Well-Known Member Registered

Get well soon @Biker John
    Dogs are magical when it comes to uniting people and breaking the ice.

Biker John likes this.
  4. JudyN

JudyN Well-Known Member Registered

Yup - we walked past a picnic table at which four women were sitting this afternoon, and they admired Jasper. Within a few minutes, we had establised that they had three lurchers, a Staffie and a rescued street dog between them, learnt about all our respective dogs' foibles, seen photos of a couple of their dogs...

Look after yourself, @Biker John - it's good recuperating weather!

niamh123 and Biker John like this.
  5. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Hope you’re ok @Biker John

I love how dogs bring people together. They are truly amazing.

Biker John likes this.
  6. Biker John

Biker John Well-Known Member Registered

Thanks everyone, for sure since I came home I have had a very attentive nurse on duty 24 / 7. She insists on doing a smell check on the op site at least twice a day, she still settles herself to my left with her head on my leg, (the left was operated on), but she has not caused the slightest pain. and wont let me out of her sight if at all possible, at night I tend to get up a few times, each time she is out of bed and downstairs with me, then when I'm ready to go back she goes up with me and settles down touching me. She is a wonderful dog.