The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dogs Tummy

samismithxx

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi all!

I wonder if anyone would be able to help, or advise.

I have a 5 and 1/2 month old Boston Terrier puppy. He picked up a bug 2 weeks ago which made him really sick, runny poo, lethergic, not eating and very active intestines etc. We took him to the vets and he had a weeks course of antibiotics. He finished the antibiotics and has been absolutely fine, eating everything in sight, running around with bundles of energy but last night he was sick, only once and it was mostly just his food that he had brought up, again woke up fine and is still his normal playful self although his tummy sounds like a washing machine! It isn’t constant and is only every now and then but it’s loud enough to be able to hear it. He’s just been wormed (3 days ago) so not really sure what it could be. He’s not hungry because he’s had his breakfast and his normal digestion isn’t that loud as far as I’m aware. I might just be paranoid because of the recent sickness but just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

thank you!!

Tummy troubles can take a little while for the digestive system to recover.

Since it was undigested food he brought up, and just the once, I'd feed him little and often for a day or two.

If he keeps on vomiting though, call your vet.

Its important to make sure he is drinking plenty too. If I need to tempt my dog to drink, I add about a tablespoonful of the water from a can of tuna in spring water (not brine) to a full bowl of normal water. I keep some frozen as ice cubes for that purpose.

You could also offer some live yoghurt to help his gut bacteria recover from the antibiotics.

My dog had tummy troubles after a course of antibiotics and NSAIDS. I found that YuDigest, a probiotic, really helped. I started him on YuDigest Plus, and now keep him on a maintenance dose of YuDigest.

My westie has bouts of not eating which leads to a very gurgly tum. I've been recommended to give add the Buddy and Lola. Happy Tummy pro pre Biotic powder to his food.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back