The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Drug Testing Any Ideas

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
WHY DON,T THE TWO COMMITTEES i.e NWRF/BWRA GET TOGETHER AND SORT OUT ALL THE PROS AND CONS THEN COME BACK TO THE MEMBERS WITH A BALLOT ON WETHER OR NOT DRUG TESTING IS TO BE DONE THE RESULT OF THE BALLOT WILL APPLY TO ALL ORGANIZATIONS

AND IF DRUG TESTING IS TO CONTINUE LETS HAVE SOME GUIDELINES ON PAPER

ATTACHED TO THE RULE BOOKS

DENISE BAILEY said:
HARD TO SAY WHAT THE OUTCOME WOULD BE, AS IVE HEARD SOME MANY PEOPLE OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS THAT DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT DRUG TESTING ENTAILS EG DRUGS LEVELS LABS
I think that is half the problem, in theory drug testing is a great idea but when you look into how it's being done at the minute / what's being testing for (and more to the point, what isn't!) i think a lot of people still dont know the facts behind it. If racers (with either organisation) dont have the full information, how can they be expected to have their own opinion?

It's ok thinking "i dont drug my dog so i'm ok", it doesn't work like that.

IMO a lot needed to be changed about how the drug testing is being carried out (if at all) before it got the nod at the AGM and i can't help but think it only got passed because a lot of people are blind to the current procedure/test.

weathergirls said:
WHY DON,T  THE TWO COMMITTEES i.e NWRF/BWRA GET TOGETHER AND SORT OUT ALL THE PROS AND CONS THEN COME BACK TO THE MEMBERS WITH A BALLOT ON WETHER OR NOT DRUG TESTING IS TO BE DONE  THE RESULT OF THE BALLOT WILL APPLY TO ALL ORGANIZATIONS
AND IF DRUG TESTING IS TO CONTINUE LETS HAVE SOME GUIDELINES ON PAPER

ATTACHED TO THE RULE BOOKS
great idea! @ last somebody comes up with something good!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ASKED FOR IT AT THE AGM (perhaps this was where I hijacked the meeting or was I being disruptive) you would never know reading the minutes would you that it had even raised its head

Linda I dont remember you hijacking the meeting or being disruptive, all you did was to ask a few simple questions.

THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA TO BOTH COMMITTEE GETTING TOGETHER TO SORT IT OUT, THERES BEEN ALOT OF ADVISE AND INVESTIGATION DONE THIS YEAR BY CERTAIN COMMITTEE MEMBERS OF THE NWRF. (whoops shouting again)

Its true that it starts with the handling of sample and transportation to the labs every thing has to been done properly.

I all so agree that a guild line should be available to all members to.

thats right I asked 6 though , how many are you allowed

Please explain what went on Linda and why, Ive read your letter in the whippet news, and got a very upset good friend on the phone early this morning about the same issue and another letter.

take the first steps then nwrf invite the bwra to discuss it and sort it one way or the other before the start of the racing season

Good idea but the decision is not mine alone i will put it to the rest of the NWRF committee ;)

don,t know what went on to warrant the accusations and threats made against georgina and myself , still don,t .what is strange as well that both are letters were exactly the same word for word right down to the date 8/10/04. dont know where that date comes in but i was at home dont know if anyone else was being sent the same letter or not but georgina got two of them . ive had a reply georginas had a reply guess what an exact copy again both letters unsigned and totally unacceptable as we want an apology

The date on the letters probably been a typing mistake, and mistakes do happen.

Have either of you been in touch with the bwra secretary ?, apart from you letter in this months whippet news as its strange they are identical and not signed the letter could be off anyone just a thought

After taking the time and effort to attend the agm and take part in the discussions put forward I think you should both get an opology. What a waste of members money. Perhaps Doreen could explain it to us.

i wish someone would explain it to me and especially georgina i think she only spoke twice it was an AGM it is the ONLY chance members get to voice their own opinions and to be threatened with the possible refusal to renew memberships (plus they didnt say for how long ) for doing so is disgraceful. and I can,t just leave it I have to stand up for my rights, (must be my trade union background) I will also admit when I am wrong on this issue I don,t believe I am

I am sure you will get a full explanation from Doreen, hope it all turns out well

Its a shame to start 2005 racing season off on a bad note

lets hope it all get sorted out quickly

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back