The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Drug Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
*Lesley* said:
LasVegasNo1 said:
The question was one that seeks an answer from non-ped owners, what would be the point of asking it on the ped forum??? :wacko:

Exactley :thumbsup: Joanna didn't ask to cause trouble how on earth would she know it would :unsure:

I'm sure John is a very capable and knowlegable racer I am not doubting his ability but why does it have to be so 'them and us' why are ped racers seen so much different from non ped (I have felt this oppinion when talking to some, not all,ped and non ped owners) like I said before don't we all have a common interest, I'm sure it must be hard all the drug testing thing because it seems to me to be very untrusting and doubting, and is enforced because of the few dishonest people who to winning is paramount, they are the ones who are sending the sport into decline in reality :(

I agree Lesley.

At worst Joanna has asked a question that she did not know would cause so much excitement. If drugs are being used in any form of dog racing Jo can hardly be blamed for it just for asking a question.

Joanna , why not get a faster dog then maybe you wouldnt be so concerned about drug testing. It is only the people with slower dogs that bring this subject up. :D

Thank-you Karen, I appreciate your answer. I have had a little look through some topics and can see there is a divided opinion on the subject. I think I would welcome testing at the Pedigree Championships and would be prepared to pay a bit extra for it to take place. Perhaps random samples would be the answer and be enough to deter people who cheat. It is a shame, but as you say, I expect it does occur in all sports, even dog racing.

that is not aquestion it is a statement !!!!!!!

>I think I would welcome testing at the Pedigree Championships and would be prepared to pay a bit extra for it to take place. Perhaps random samples would be the answer and be enough to deter people who cheat.

That is a comment that I as a peddie racing owner find offensive. There were no surprise winners at the last champs as anyone who has been on the open circuit and who watches the dogs racing regularly will testify.

It's hardly surprising IMO that peddie racing owners have got a little upset about the comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeeJay said:
>If drug testing was to be introduced, I would support it,
Why?  Do you believe that peddie racers are drugging their dogs in order to win then?

If she said she wouldn't support it I suppose she would then be accused of condoning drugging dogs :wacko:

suzie said:
Joanna , why not get a faster dog then maybe you wouldnt be so concerned about drug testing. It is only the people with slower dogs that bring this subject up.  :D

Thats an insult to Joanna's dogs and total rubbish :angry:

Joanna asked a valid question, one that is anyone else had asked would have got a better responce,IMO, this seems to be a personal attack to me :angry:

I think this has always been a very immotive subject ...........At the end of the day the person starting a subject like this will get questions etc thrown at them .........Issues like this go much deeper than just drug testing as i've said earlier .......

NOTHING PERSONAL BUT I WILL NOT STAND BY WHILE THE INTEGRITY OF PED RACING IS QESTIONED ON AN OPEN FORUM BY SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT

midlanderkeith said:
Strike Whippets said:
Joanna said:
trap1 said:
do you have any partiular dogs or owners in mind for testing joanna or just anyone who has faster dogs than you why after 5 minutes racing are you inferring that dogs need to be full of illegal substances to compete at championship level.most banned substances will only inhibit performance and any that can give any improvement ie anti inflammatorydrugs on injured or sore dogs will soon ruin a

dog completely well worth it for a poxy rosette

i would suggest that if you feel ped racing has sunk that low perhaps it is not the hobby for you

I beg your pardon. Do I know you? I don't believe I have inferred any-thing, just asked a question out of interest. If drug testing was to be introduced, I would support it, and said quite clearly, it would have to be random

I was replying to a post by another member which stated that performance enhancing drugs are apparent in all sports now. Why should dog racing be any different? If there have been cases of illegal doping in Non-ped, what makes ped racing any different?

It saddens me to think that someone as new to the sport as you are, feels the need to ask such a question :( ...........Within this topic it sounds like people are giving drugs to their dogs just to win .......The non peds prize money is normally peanuts and as you may know the peds win a piece of plastic, rosette or such like ........I do hope there are no antis reading this as our beloved sport is in enough trouble without them thinking we're abusing our dogs left right and center ........There will be sniping as you've put it because people are VERY protective over their sport and their dogs ........Neither peds or non peds need bad press like this .........I would personally put a link on the ped section as most tend not to venture on to this forum (and vice versa) ........... All of this is my own personal opinion though as I think i'm still just about allowed one of those on k9 :unsure:

I can assure you that antis do read this forum.

Yes I know :(

*Lesley* said:
BeeJay said:
Why?  Do you believe that peddie racers are drugging their dogs in order to win then?

If she said she wouldn't support it I suppose she would then be accused of condoning drugging dogs :wacko:

[

Well as I have already said on here that I don't think that it's necessary because I don't believe that peddie racers drug their dogs........... your point is what exactly?

Can't this be moved to the pedi section :(

My dog was tested and he got the all clear ( I knew he would ),,oh and it was his 2nd BWRA tital not his first :- " :oops:

Yes I think this topic should be moved to the ped section ..........but we've enjoyed our time here :D :cheers: :D

Strike Whippets said:
Yes I think this topic should be moved to the ped section ..........but we've enjoyed our time here  :D   :cheers:   :D

(w00t) (w00t) Come back soon :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

BeeJay said:
*Lesley* said:
BeeJay said:

[

Well as I have already said on here that I don't think that it's necessary because I don't believe that peddie racers drug their dogs........... your point is what exactly?

My point is thats Joanna's words are being turned into something they are not, because she didn't say that she thought peddie people drugged their dogs either, I am sure that if anyone else had asked the question they wouldn't have been shot down so badly :angry: this is not the place for personal grievance.

For Trap1

It was a question not an accusation from Joanna how is that questioning the integrety of the sport (unless of course you were aiming that at me) :unsure: , people's attitudes on this thread are more likely to make the sport look bad if anything, ped non /ped, it's whippet racing it's about the dogs having fun doing what they do best, if drug testing has to be in place it's because of the sad losers that have made it that way, not the honest people who put their dogs first, have a go at them :thumbsup:

And if it wasn't for the new people coming into the sport and keeping it going it would be dead already. :thumbsup:

All this because someone asked a question it's bloody ridiculous :wacko:

Strike Whippets said:
midlanderkeith said:
Strike Whippets said:
Joanna said:
trap1 said:
do you have any partiular dogs or owners in mind for testing joanna or just anyone who has faster dogs than you why after 5 minutes racing are you inferring that dogs need to be full of illegal substances to compete at championship level.most banned substances will only inhibit performance and any that can give any improvement ie anti inflammatorydrugs on injured or sore dogs will soon ruin a

i would suggest that if you feel ped racing has sunk that low perhaps it is not the hobby for you

I beg your pardon. Do I know you? I don't believe I have inferred any-thing, just asked a question out of interest. If drug testing was to be introduced, I would support it, and said quite clearly, it would have to be random

I was replying to a post by another member which stated that performance enhancing drugs are apparent in all sports now. Why should dog racing be any different? If there have been cases of illegal doping in Non-ped, what makes ped racing any different?

It saddens me to think that someone as new to the sport as you are, feels the need to ask such a question :( ...........Within this topic it sounds like people are giving drugs to their dogs just to win .......The non peds prize money is normally peanuts and as you may know the peds win a piece of plastic, rosette or such like ........I do hope there are no antis reading this as our beloved sport is in enough trouble without them thinking we're abusing our dogs left right and center ........There will be sniping as you've put it because people are VERY protective over their sport and their dogs ........Neither peds or non peds need bad press like this .........I would personally put a link on the ped section as most tend not to venture on to this forum (and vice versa) ........... All of this is my own personal opinion though as I think i'm still just about allowed one of those on k9 :unsure:

I reckon the antics would be more concerned if they know dogs were getting drugged and the governing body's were not doing anything to try to prevent it

some of the drugs can be harmful

This is Dee not Gaz we both have different views on drug testing

mutley said:
Strike Whippets said:
midlanderkeith said:
Strike Whippets said:
Joanna said:
trap1 said:

I reckon the antics would be more concerned if they know dogs were getting drugged and the governing body's were not doing anything to try to prevent it

Dee

I know what your saying Dee and I agree .....but the antis hate anything to do with racing .......this subject will give them hours of amunition (sp)

mutley said:
Strike Whippets said:
midlanderkeith said:
Strike Whippets said:
Joanna said:
trap1 said:

This is Dee not Gaz we both have different views on drug testing

ANTICS, no no no, Antis, oh deary me.i cant take much more of this :lol: , im off to bed

keith :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back