The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Dry puppy food

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I gave acana puppy and junior and muy little dude got gastrointestinal problems (dhiarrea, vomiting, etc). Acana and Orijen are the same thing, just different protein amount.

I switched to alpha spirit, and altough he hand some minor issues with loose stools and a bit of diarrhea, he is now getting firm stools (with a tiny bit of diarrea in the end).

Raw feeding seems to be the best way to go firm stools, easy to change between proteins if needed, but it's no for everyone I think , you need to really commit to it (main reason I have not yet switched to raw).

Anyone buys raw food pre-made? We have a raw food seller here in portugal, anyone with advice on this???

From my experience Orijen is good, but you have to use it in moderation I think. I recommend you other dry foods also. Visit this page, you might see useful foods for your puppy :) 7 Best Dry Foods for Our Dogs and Puppies - 2018 Review

Thank you:)

I gave acana puppy and junior and muy little dude got gastrointestinal problems (dhiarrea, vomiting, etc). Acana and Orijen are the same thing, just different protein amount.

I switched to alpha spirit, and altough he hand some minor issues with loose stools and a bit of diarrhea, he is now getting firm stools (with a tiny bit of diarrea in the end).

Raw feeding seems to be the best way to go firm stools, easy to change between proteins if needed, but it's no for everyone I think , you need to really commit to it (main reason I have not yet switched to raw).

Anyone buys raw food pre-made? We have a raw food seller here in portugal, anyone with advice on this???

Thank you. I completely agree. Raw feeding is a commitment that shouldn't be undertaken lightly. Thankfully I have learnt quite a bit from here and online. Yes I went with a premix and raw nuggets.

Hi everyone. I went with Orijen in the end... What a mistake that turned out to be:(
I wouldn't touch this food with a 10 foot barge pole and that's not because of the lawsuit that they're facing. I can pinpoint it down to Orijen because I was feeding him raw, but when I couldn't feed him the family was giving him the orijen. Unfortunately will have to have a kibble on hand. I think I actually preferred Hills Science Plan and that's saying something!

1. His faeces stank . Okay we're talking about dog poo here, but this was bad! It had a very weird offaly smell. I know that sounds crazy lol but that's best way to describe it.

2. He was bouncing off of the walls when fed this.

3. Even when feeding the recommended amount for his age/weight sometimes he still would get diarrhoea.

Last edited:
Harri's kibble is Canagan when I can't get him to eat raw or Butternut Box. It's grain free and he does quite like it (inasmuch as he likes any "dog" food at the moment).

@Caro Perry I feel that Harri is a steak and chips kinda guy! not this dog food nonsense :D:D:p:p

I think you're right! The vet asked if he'd eat scrambled eggs. The answer from me was yes if it's the human version with butter and seasoning, no if it's the dog version (with no butter or seasoning). He really is the limit at times! Kibble is only acceptable if it's from one of those play dispensers or "stolen" from my treat bag....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back