The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E.G.M

JoJess

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:D Hi, there will be an E.G.M on the 8th of March at Asfordby, hope everyone can get to the meeting, will see you there :D :p :)

From someone that knows no doubt :)

Will this meeting be as well attended as the last I wonder

Karen ;)

??? Yes actually it was advertised in A&T by John M, so come on all of you lets see you there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wewere there last time.

Maybe even Gus and Cowboy will show this time ???

Was the date for the E.G.M in this months (Febuary) wn if so what page because we need a official statement from the B.W.R.A through a official channel. If the date mentioned here is correct and a official statement was in next months (March) wn it would be too late for me as I have received my last two wn after the 8th of the month. At this moment I will not be there for the same reason as the last time but for those who want to attend we need a official statement from the B.W.R.A in plenty of time.

Bring back postal voting.

NO sorry John it was not in the W/N as i have allready said it was stated in A&T miners that the meeting was on the 8th i don't know what time or anything,but i am sure we will find out soon :D

sorry, but it appears the email was not put in A&T but was sent to me personally, as i get all new postings from A&T i assumed it was posted on there.....

Well looks like kick boards will soon be back, as all the non attendees will some how make this meeting, sounds like sour grapes its not but after 30 years of whippet racing i would have hoped some of us would see the light and vote for changes that would improve all aspects of racing, instead of burying our heads in the sand as usuall. And its not only kick boards that im talking about. :(

I am still not arsed weather i run with ramps or not!!!!....it appears it will be re-voted in time for bwra champs.

Funnily enough the more time goes on, the less bothered i am about racing-all people do is call each other because they are not getting there own way..........if people wanted there own way they should have attended an agm.........personally i would have liked other things brought in for example racing to start within 1 hr of weigh in....i didnt attend the agm therefore i didnt have a say about it!!!!!! ( thats life...i dont moan about it now).

I dont want any slagging off/back biting over this.......im not falling out with anyone, calling anyone etc .........IT'S MY OPINION.

I dont know if im gonna attend an egm....its sat 8th march.....on saturdays i do stuff with my family which to me is 100 times more important than ramps/postal votes etc.....swimming lessons, visiting very ill parents in hospital, time with my son and family etc..... if whatever people vote on in future is going to be over-ruled then whats the point in postal voting or agm's anyway!!!!!

I would have liked to have seen some proposals for a better handicap system but seeing as the majority of racers run smaller dogs i don't suppose that would have stood a chance.

Like Michelle & Peter say it does sound like sour grapes and why bother having agm's / postal votes in the first place when all that happens is the people who don't get there own way the first time want an EGM called. Is there even any point attending the EGM now as i think it's fairly obvious that us who want changes are gonna be over-ruled by everyone and his dog!!!

egm if this is true what a slap in the face for those who attended the last agm i might go then again i might not. if not we could go for another egm because just think this can go on and on.plus for those who did attend the 1st agm and all the cost of getting there will we get some compo answer no so is this fair i think not it was all done fair and voted for lets wait and give it a chance till next year.

great to see its not only me that thinks this AGM ius a farce and should not take place, its for all the wrong reasons. I fully agree with VIcky, Tony, and michelle, we shoul let it stand for this year and then decide was it a success or not, I for one will not be going to any AGM.

HAVING ATTENDED THE TYRONE OPEN ALL THE CONVERSATION SEEMED TO BE ABOUT WAS KICKBOARDS, A LOT OF PEOPLE I TALKED TO WANTED THEM BACK, THERE WHERE ONE OR TWO WHO DIDN"T, THEN BEFORE RACING STARTED PAUL JENNINGS STOOD UP TOLD EVERYONE IF THE E.G.M. GOES AHEAD AND KICKBOARDS ARE REINSTATED ALL THE TOP TABLE WILL RESIGN,WHITCH I THINK IS BLACKMAIL. :angry:

It is blackmail John. The members have a right to call an E.G.M.

we the members do have a right to call an EGM meeting, so why is the top table threatning to resign, is this another rule that is to be broken :b

The members do have a right to call an E.G.M. and the committee also have a right to resign when and how they like, no rules broken.

So was the "speach" saying the committee would resign if there was a EGM or if boards came back?

was'nt in the clubhouse but i heard there was a speech

Well i was asked to get as many sigatures i could for a petition as were a few other people... we were told we need 50 signatures to get a E.G.M which we got a grand 140 signatures .

The BWRA where then given 28days notice for the E.G.M meeting date which was asked to be held at the bend meeting yesterday, but as for diffrent reasons some of the commitee could not attend so a date has been set for the 8th march.

As john Gill has already said that if this meeting goes ahead the BWRA commitee are going to resign, this seems to be nothing but blackmail and the BWRA are playing right into certain peoples hands.

Dispite this the commitee do a really good job and i know many people would'nt take these roles on including myself

I agree Dee, the top table as they are called do a good job and not many could do a better job, seems to me they are playing into certain peoples hands by threatning to resign, the rule i was talking about was having an EGM without being threatened into not having the meeting, what i would like to know is why kickboards were voted out, at first all was saying because of injuries then it was because the boards gave certain dogs an advantage, seems to me there is some one trying to cause as much havok as they can.......... :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back