The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E.G.M

not done that!!!!!(yet) maybe that'll happen if i try micks recommended brandy and cider tipple.

:b lol,bet you wished i weighed your dogs ey you two ;)

TONY, I agree we dont what to lose the chairman he dos a good job. but he can not ignore the membership. ??? ???

The meeting is going ahead, I hope the chairman stays on the committee. he will be a hard man to replace. All the committee have worked hard. You never know one or two others may change there minds and stay. Im sure this would be fine with everyone as long as it is clear thay work for the membership. When this meeting was called it was pointed out that it was in no way a reflection on the committee. So I see no reason why thay should want to resign. The membership are only asking for there rights as staighted in the rules.

i feel sorry for all of the people who traveled to the original AGM when kickboards were banned as we made the jurney to place our votes. now that an EGM has been arranged these people will have to travel once again in order to place their votes against SOME poeple who didnt attend the original meeting and disagree with the decsision that was made. i thought that MOST people would have known that this year kickboards could be voted out as it was so close last year, i find it funny that they couldnt afford the petrol to vote to keep kickboards at the AGM but they can find time to arange petitions and arange EGMS and find money to travel and vote at an EGM. (im not aiming these comments at anybody in particular and i dont wish to fall out with anybody) :) :( :D :p ??? ??? ;)

Dirty look :

Well lets just say i think alot of people at the dogs need to grow up a bit ....i do think that the atmosphere on sunday was terrible and you could of cut it with a knife.....

I also think that the EGM has now gone passed the banning of board and comes to princible about the commitee resigning at the slightest thing...if this is the case do we need a commitee that does this....is this not there roles they took on when they accepted these jobs .....i do think they all do a endless task and know it must be hard to have to run all over the country nearly every weekend esp paul and chris jenning what with the BRWA and the whippet news...all we ask is for our right to have our say (your members) without anymore back stabbing and hassel.

Let us have our meeting and come to a final vote on the task in question what ever it may be.. then get on with some good racing all year as we have so great events coming up..

UNFORTUNATELY-- SOME of us have to work shifts and could NOT get to the last meeting, but i understand what you are saying jazzy, makes you wonder why people voted for gettin rid of postal votes don't it ???????

D no one can say that the present committee have not worked hard especially the chairman and WE meaning my husband and i ( not all the whippet fraternity)

hope the committee carry on their tireless job of trying to please us all............. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i too want the comitee to remain as they are as they do a great job and are trying to please most members, it must feel to them that tey are fighting an up hill battle all year round and it shouldnt be like that, they are trying to make our racing as enjoyable as is possible we have to try and return the favour sometimes

Well said Jade, it's nice to hear some sense at last. from one so young too. :D

appoligies- WE never voted on postal votes, did we???????good one Jade :D :D :D

i too think that the committee have to put alot of work in and they get alot of criticism, but how many of the critics would take there places and take on a difficult task.

i don't know why every1 is making such a big deal out of kick boards. they cud have bin voted back in next year anyway. on sunday i saw no problems and dogs big or small cud still trap. also floor mats are allowed so anyone worried bout poor flooring of traps need not worry.llets just have a good time racing folks and remember to :D

I have just read two post from our younger whippet racers and to me we should be looking to them. No axes to grind and they seem to bring a new freshness when they write, whippet racing should be safe in there hands.

two things those of you who know me i work shifts also and gave up a days work to attened the last agm plus i voted for kickboards to stay but was out voted i will obey the vote. as it was done right,i feel its not blackmail that the top table will resign they must feel let down by us for going against a vote that was done right. but before i end i say this hope you have people to do there jobs or those that want the egm put your names down for the top table there will be jobs for you all, ps its thank less job by the way.

yes there are many of us that work shifts no doubt, but when you are a member of a team who look after people

ie in nursing homes and the community it is not so easy to swap your shifts about....I am sure people are hoping the top table will change their mind about resigning as no one wants them to do this....... ??? the job they do is a grand job, but if it states the members can call an EGM then why is there all this bother....... ???

I dont think this should be classed as blackmail, but more a statement of hoplesness, the top table have a thankless job , and do it with the best intentions for free, apart from the expencess that only cover costs. If every time a meeting is held and weeks later almost all points are revisited with the view of an AGM whats the point of having the first meeting. We all have other things to do apart from whippets so lets all get back to enjoying the sport , and most of all let the BWRA top table do the same.

:p :p :p what i find so funny is how it would appear that the ones who have the most to say on the agm subject are those who wernt there for whatever reasons maybe if you had have gone this would not now be happening and racing would be the subject as it should be!!!!"Not agm egm or any other gm!!!!

If there had been a postal vote none of this would be happening.

there would be no need to have a e.g.m. if the committee had not stopped the postal vote.

as for them resigning this is just another case of them being dictatorial and not democratic they change the rules to suit themselves.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back