The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E.G.M

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
maybe i've missed some evil plot going on......but who's creating havok and whose hands are being played in to?

The way i understood it....is that the bwra commitee have threatened to resign if then egm takes place and ramps are re-instated.......if they want to resign then thats up to them .......I dont want to see anyone leave the sport, resign etc etc but they made a choice( whether we agree or not).

All 3 racing organisations( bwra,nwrf & irg) all have there strong and weak points but they do not infringe on the other.....so to say that havok and playing into peoples hands, i dont know where thats coming from?????? as my yoga teacher would say....can someone enlighten me!!!!!!

Another point about an egm.......if postal votes and ramps are not re-instated will there be another meeting after that? ( chances are they will be....but lets say there not) or will the decision be accepted?

I can assure you that all this (hassle )i would call it has never happened before , ??? wonder why......and like you have said before...we do not want a load of abuse for writing our views on here... :b

Not falling out with anyone.......only time will tell if anything kicks off!!

People have a right to vote and voice there concerns without being blackmailed.....hopefully people will make a stand over postal voting ( im still not bothered about ramps) and any other concerns without being worried about resignations etc

Someone causing havoc???????????

Are you referring to the great many members who gave up their time to attend the AGM and vote democratically, surely not?!

Had the vote gone the opposite way, would that have been accepted and ok.

Personally, I have every sympathy with the committee feeling they want to resign. What a thankless job!!!

Also, perhaps someone who knows can help me out here as I was led to understand that EGM's could only be called to discuss a new motion not one previously resolved at an AGM????????

havok- great destruction and devastation, play havok with- to disorder, confuse, is this not what is happening , people do not know wether they are racing with boards or without, one minute there is a meeting then there isn't, does this seem the norm to you, i think not, maybe some one in the know would enlighten us about that question you are answering, i can not cos my BWRA cards have not come back yet.... :b

i never knew floor mats were allowed to be used :b :(

Steve,

Attending the AGM was the perogative of those who wished to attend. Any vote on any motion put forward at the AGM should have been open to all members - which for practical reasons means a postal vote. The members have never voted to abolish the postal vote and the BWRA committee exceeded it`s powers in having the vote taken at the AGM only. Attending the AGM ought to be for proposing motions and debating them. I suggest that the BWRA committee are the ones responsible for wasting the time and money of those who attended by impling that members had to attend to vote when members have a legitimate right to a postal vote.

The BWRA committee is not ireplaceable - I am confident there would be plenty of people willing to act as caretaker committee members until a vote for a new committee could be arranged.

The standing committee either wants to do the job or not. The EGM will go ahead so if they have said they will resign its fair to assume they don`t want the job. Either that or it`s blackmail and we would all be better off without a committee that holds its members in such contempt

My opinion is that Paul Jennings has been a good chairman for the BWRA but he has made mistakes. I personaly wouldn`t want him to resign but he can`t ignore the membership.

Tony

WOW, WELL SAID TONY, WE HAVE TO AGREE WITH ALL THAT YOU HAVE SAID, WE DO NOT CARE IF KICKBOARDS ARE VOTED IN OR NOT, THE ISSUE NOW IS DO WE HOLD AN EGM AND RISK LOSING OUR TOP TABLE OR CANCEL EVERYTHING UNTILL NEXT AGM ( WHICH WOULD END ALL THIS HASSLE) THE CHAIRMAN HAS DONE A TIRELESS JOB WELL AND WE HOPE HE CONTINUES TO DO THE JOB (PLEASE ??? ).... PETE :D

JoJess said:
WE DO NOT CARE IF KICKBOARDS ARE VOTED IN OR NOT, THE ISSUE NOW IS DO WE HOLD AN EGM AND RISK LOSING OUR TOP TABLE OR CANCEL EVERYTHING UNTILL NEXT AGM 
If people aren't bothered about whether we run with kickboards or not we wouldn't be writing in this thread in the first place & the whole EGM saga wouldn't be going on (hence no-one would be blackmailing/causing havok/devastation/falling out/causing hassle whatever you want to call it) !!!

It would be nice if people would have just given the non-kickboard racing a go, but like i've said before we cant please everyone - if the EGM goes ahead then it's likely the boards will be brought back and we can get back to enjoying our racing & other whippeteers company & not having dirty looks off people when at tracks for having a different opinion than them!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
dirty looks cos some think different to others , yes we get them on here don't we :angry:

me and vicky got some very dirty looks yesterday!!!!!!!!

So you noticed too then Michelle? So it werent just me !

Not entitled to an opinion hey

I noticed as soon as i got on the track!!!!!.....steve boyd reckons its cos i talked to him lol lol!!!!....ah well. Im sure it wont be the first or last :p

You would'nt know how to dink :p lol.....you're very quiet today!!!!

No you actually let on to us - mind you ya did have to have a pint to do so!!!! Lol Alki

and he call's us two on a fri night!!!!!!.......nah dinks ok he was lookin a bit squiffy though!!!!.

Perhaps that might explain your Michelle Holt school of weighing ey dink? You too forget to put the dog on the scales!

ahhhhhh the michelle school of weighing!!!!!! whats dink done.....forgot the dog????

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back