The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

E.G.M

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
LETS JUST SAY THAT KICKBOARDS ARE BANNED BY THE BWRA, WHAT WILL THE NWRF DO, THEY SAY THEY WILL NOT BAN BOARDS SO WHAT DO WE DO RUN THE DOGS OFF BOARDS ONE WEEK AND NOT OFF BOARDS THE NEXT, WILL THIS NOT CAUSE MORE INJURIES ????OR DO WE RUN FOR ONE ORGANISATION AND NOT THE OTHER ??? ;)IF WE ALL BAN THEM WELL AT LEAST WE WILL BE OF LEVEL PEGGIN SO TO SPEAK EY ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
the nwrf have said that its up to the owner to decide u can either not use kickboards or use them they are not banned and u do have the option not to use one if u want :D :D :p

applauds to the NWRF then, at least WE the members can choose ourselves...... :D :p without having to put it to a vote ???

i just hope that if the kickboard ban is upheld that chrissy [TOP TEN] & the fed have the decency to go with the will of the people & also ban kickboards .

up until this year you had the choice to run with or without a kickboard at either BWRA OR FED that choice should have been left the way it was

WE SHOULD HAVE CHOICES IN EVERYTHING WE DO INCLUDING WHIPPET RACING THAT IS OUR BASIC HUMAN RIGHT.... ???

I would just like to say that I am one that did not attend the AGM nor the EGM simply because I am a carer for my wife who is disabled and and because the postal vote was taken away from members like myself we could not vote one way nor the other. I used to vote through the postal system but can't now so when talking about members rights let's talk about all members rights. :D

if we had choices in everything we do [basic human rights] there would be more deaths on the roads SPEEDING, SEATBELTS etc. its just the same in whippet racing , we have got to minimise the risk of injury to our dogs by banning springboards.

yes we should do all we can to reduce the risk of injuries to our dogs but whatever we do me must include all the membership in the decision making process thats why postal voting should be brought back in.

Yes i agree with you and it would be better if all the whippet organisations agreed as well...... ???

BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS DOES NOT MEAN SPEEDING ETC IT MEANS WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO VOTE ON WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.....GIVING US CHOICES IN OUR EVERY DAY LIVES :D

well you have all got the right to vote now as postal voting on boards is back in...

freedom of speach i think is what its called ...making ones mind up when one wants to ..

all this talk about injury i wonder if somebody from the ped might comment and let us know if there dogs get injured without using boards...greyhounds do i know that

why not ban traps as well might also reduce injury only kidding :D ;)

Perhaps go back to rag racing too up tapes so that no dogs going into others at the end ey ;) & the ruling that if the dogs fight they'll only get muzzled if it draws blood!!

God they didn't have a care in the world then ey

:angry: I WILL BE GLAD WHEN THIS WHOLE ISSUE IS FINISHED WITH, THEN WE CAN GET BACK TO ENJOYING OUR SPORT :D

i just hope that when the postal vote is decided, that people are going to act like adults&abide by the decision& not say theyr not running here ¬ running there. [ this will only add to the decline in whippet racing.] everybody should abide by the democratic vote whichever way it goes.

sorry john, but if i for one cant use a board, i will not run in bwra this year, but will still atend for the fun and the good crack :) :) :) :) :)

yeh went to melton club racing today, boards were used and we had a brilliant day, all friendly and a good crack so to speak garry.....

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back