Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lay

• play dead

• go through doggy door

• Total voters
you just go on the oppisite side of the door to your dog open the flap show you have a food reward they go through you keep doing the same thing then you stand up and walk away and cal them and if they come through you give them a treat

i think "sit" has to be one of the easiest :thumbsup:

I think come - as we tend to know that's pretty darn important and put more effort into it - it is the only command that Bluebell will reliably adhere to!!!

'Hig five' Was the easiest with our two. Jess also knos 'Speak' which didnt take her very long to learn aswell!

there all prety important other than play dead when will they ever need that

'come here' is always the first thing we teach a dog - it learns it's name and the fact that 'we' are interesting and worth investigating.

I usually teach this within five minutes of meeting my new puppies for the first time and I've never had a recall problem with any of them.

Just thought ....... the easiest command to teach mine was "bunny, bunny, bunny!!!!" (w00t)

Can't think why :- " :lol:

the doggy door is one of the first ones we taght or nockie and she picked it up pretty quickly

Come is the easiest to teach ..... and play dead (or I tell my lot flat) is a brilliant command ......I use it when I cut their nails, examine their feet/tummies etc .... and when any of them need stitches now its saves them having to be put under as they'll lie flat and are stitched up consciously :D

6 dogs and 6 adults in our house so "out" and "move" seem to get used a lot here :lol:

beaker said:
6 dogs and 6 adults in our house so "out" and "move" seem to get used a lot here  :lol:
8 dogs/5 people in ours.....

Yes-out is a mover in ours too!

voted-'come'............its generally a 1-1 early command-'they receive'-hug/food/whatever

-therefore its successful.

None of ours are great 'sitters' -we don't really need the 'sit' command, it's interesting don't you think what you/your dog/s personally require.....???

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know yet as we get our pup on Saturday, cant really remember with our dog Patches as my mum taught her.

I guess we will be teaching her to come to her name first as I think its most important. Tricks can come later!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back