Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Elderly Whippet Bitch In Shelter

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplepixie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

While out walking with my whippet this morning a couple of women approached me to tell me that they had found an elderly whippet bitch last weekend in very poor condition just wandering in the area where we were. They took it to a local rescue centre where it has been for the last week. It is not chipped and had no collar on. I've just been down to the shelter to see it out of real concern, no owner has come forward. OMG the poor little girl is in a state, mentally & physically. She is very thin, has an injury to the side of her face, although I was told it is looking much better than it was, and her tail looks like it has been broken in the past in a few places. At a guess I would say she is at least 10 as she has signs of cataract in both eyes. I wasn't allowed to touch her but I could see how thin she was, thankfully they had a coat on her. If anyone can rescue this poor wee girl asap she is at The Destitute Animal Shelter, Bolton, Lancs. She is not on their website, so no pictures, but she is a dark brindle bitch. They operate as most shelters do. I wish I could take her in myself but it is not feasible to have another at the mo. If anyone can help please contact the shelter.

Thanks

PP

ooo god ,whats the postcode so i can see how far away this is from me ?

Postcode is BL3 6NJ

Their website is here: http://www.animalshelter.org.uk/about.html

It looks as though they act as the local authority pound for the area, but have a non-destruct policy and attempt to rehome dogs once their pound time is up, so at least she's probably won't be put to sleep at the end of the 7 days.

Poor girl, sounds like she's had a tough life then been dumped :(

Postcode is BL3 6NJ

It looks as though they act as the local authority pound for the area, but have a non-destruct policy and attempt to rehome dogs once their pound time is up, so at least she's probably won't be put to sleep at the end of the 7 days.

How awful what a poor old lady :( Hope someone takes her and she can live out her twilight years in a loving home :luck: :luck: :luck:

Is there no one up there who could get her out? Poor little thing.

Postcode is BL3 6NJ

:( nearly 4hrs away from me ,doute they would come this far to do a home check :(

Hi again,

Just wanted to add that if anyone can help this old girl I am more than willing to help out with transport. I wish I could do more, i.e. have her myself. I am trying to contact JR Whippet rescue as well to see if they can help get her out.

Here's hoping she won't have to wait too long.

PP

Sorry, but what are the new scruples??
PP
New whippet rescue that has just been set up. It started with the rescue of a heavily pregnant bitch that was for sale. The bitch is now in Devon where she will have the pups and then hopefully be re-homed. The pups will need home too!!!!!

Hi again,
Just wanted to add that if anyone can help this old girl I am more than willing to help out with transport. I wish I could do more, i.e. have her myself. I am trying to contact JR Whippet rescue as well to see if they can help get her out.

Here's hoping she won't have to wait too long.

PP
I very seriously would have her here, but just can't see them home vetting a place in wiltshire...too far!!

Scruples is on the case :thumbsup:

We have a foster home for her already and will be putting the wheels in motion tomorrow morning :D

Scruples is on the case :thumbsup: We have a foster home for her already and will be putting the wheels in motion tomorrow morning :D

Scruples strikes again! (w00t) well done for moving so fast on this one to :huggles: :huggles:

Scruples is on the case :thumbsup: We have a foster home for her already and will be putting the wheels in motion tomorrow morning :D
:D :D :D :D Fantastic news jane, might get some sleep -_- now tonight knowing this :)

Great that Scruples can help this girl as well :D

I wouldn't be too quick to assume that a rescue can't homecheck out of their area. I don't know about this one but a lot of rescues access homecheckers via internet forums and can find volunteers in most areas. Rescues often co-operate and help each other out too.

brilliant news ,here if i can help in anyway jane :thumbsup:

Hi again,

What fantastic news :thumbsup: , I'm so glad I was in the right place for the 2 ladies who found her to tell me of her plight enabling me to help in some way.

Cheers, job well done.

PP

Hi again,
What fantastic news :thumbsup: , I'm so glad I was in the right place for the 2 ladies who found her to tell me of her plight enabling me to help in some way.

Cheers, job well done.

PP
Well Done Purple Pixie!!!

The world needs more people like you who care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back