The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Elderly Whippet

colliecrew said:
  Thanks to all for the lovely comments, we're all very much in love with *young* Edward  :wub: and every day he's with us is a bonus after what he's been through.

I'll bet Eddie feels the same about you :huggles:

:huggles:For Eddie and well done to you I hardly recognised him as the same dog with the war wounds :cheers:

colliecrew said:
This was Eddie when he came into rescue
Eddiefirstpic.jpg

Apparently he's quite elderly, and the poor chap had kennel cough, a secondary infection and mange when he was taken out of the pound.

He's a lot better now, as you can see
weeeeemail.jpg
and provided he and Willow hit it off, then after a 12 hour round trip (cos he's in Durham and I'm near Yeovil in Somerset!) he'll be coming home with us  :wub:

Now, I've never had an elderly whippet before, although I have had elderly collies so am reasonably aware of general aging problems.

I was just wondering though whether I need to be aware of anything specific to aging whippets - especially one whose had at least one terrible period of neglect? Should I be feeding him any joint supplements for instance such as Cortaflex? Any particular food that seems to help or hinder them?

:rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

IM A FIRM BELIEVER IN WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND! WHOEVER DID THAT WILL GET HIS COME UPPANCE!

IM FURIOUS  :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

I'm probably worrying too much as he is apparently quite healthy at the moment, but I feel that if I'm taking this lad on then I need to do the best I can for him, so any thoughts gratefully accepted.  :)

annlouise said:
colliecrew said:
This was Eddie when he came into rescue
Eddiefirstpic.jpg

Apparently he's quite elderly, and the poor chap had kennel cough, a secondary infection and mange when he was taken out of the pound.

He's a lot better now, as you can see
weeeeemail.jpg
and provided he and Willow hit it off, then after a 12 hour round trip (cos he's in Durham and I'm near Yeovil in Somerset!) he'll be coming home with us  :wub:

Now, I've never had an elderly whippet before, although I have had elderly collies so am reasonably aware of general aging problems.

I was just wondering though whether I need to be aware of anything specific to aging whippets - especially one whose had at least one terrible period of neglect? Should I be feeding him any joint supplements for instance such as Cortaflex? Any particular food that seems to help or hinder them?

:rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

IM A FIRM BELIEVER IN WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND! WHOEVER DID THAT WILL GET HIS COME UPPANCE!

IM FURIOUS  :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

I'm probably worrying too much as he is apparently quite healthy at the moment, but I feel that if I'm taking this lad on then I need to do the best I can for him, so any thoughts gratefully accepted.  :)

AND GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU, THATS FOR CERTAIN.

YOU HAVE DONE THAT WEE FELLA THE BIGGEST FAVOUR, TO END HIS DAYS HAPPY.

My eyes are watering again! :huggles: :wub: :wub: for Eddie.

Got a lump in my throat too :huggles: to Willow and Eddie :huggles:

Tears in my eyes reading this thread and then seeing him looking so happy and healthy with his new friend. :huggles:

Hat off to you for looking after the gorgeous boy. :cheers:

Heres hoping the horrible b******s that hurt him wont have such a good ending :rant: :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
pamalkie said:
Got a lump in my throat too  :huggles: to Willow and Eddie :huggles:
Me too.

What a transformation. Just shows what proper care and loads of love can do. :wub: :wub: :wub: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: Hugs for Eddie and Willow.

So glad that Eddie has such a great home now- so happy, healthy and fit looking :thumbsup: :wub:

Only just seen this thread as i wasnt a member when it was first put on.

You've done a brilliant job with him :thumbsup: , i cant believe the transformation from first pic to now......he looks so well and happy now, and that picture infront of the fire :wub: he looks like he's in seventh heaven :)

I dont know how anyone can mistreat a dog or any other animal for that matter, and to such a extent too! :angry: thats just EVIL :rant:

At least Eddies story has a happy ending, Hats off to you for turning his life around :thumbsup: :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back