The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Embarrassing Whippets!!

Jillb

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well there are a few things I could mention............but the main embarrassing moment for each of mine both involve my in-laws.

My in-laws had the family over for Sunday lunch, we were having a chat at the dining room table whilst my mum-in-law waited for the potato's to finish when Merlin came running through the room & into the garden with a freshly cooked joint of beef in his mouth!! After chasing him around the garden and trying to wrestle it off him I was told to forget it as nobody really fancied it afterall (can't think why) !

Recently we were at the in-laws again one evening when Willow disappeared - he was located on my in-laws bed, with a furry slipper in his mouth enjoying a long wee!! :b We were mortified, he has never ever wee'd on furniture, not even as a puppy, so why he should do it then is a total mystery. Needless to say we haven't taken the dogs back there for a while!

I like the sounds of your whippet....he's got character (w00t) o:) :-

TCx

Well there are a few things I could mention............but the main embarrassing moment for each of mine both involve my in-laws.
My in-laws had the family over for Sunday lunch, we were having a chat at the dining room table whilst my mum-in-law waited for the potato's to finish when Merlin came running through the room & into the garden with a freshly cooked joint of beef in his mouth!! After chasing him around the garden and trying to wrestle it off him I was told to forget it as nobody really fancied it afterall (can't think why) !

Recently we were at the in-laws again one evening when Willow disappeared - he was located on my in-laws bed, with a furry slipper in his mouth enjoying a long wee!! :b We were mortified, he has never ever wee'd on furniture, not even as a puppy, so why he should do it then is a total mystery. Needless to say we haven't taken the dogs back there for a while!
can i borrow him for when i visit my in laws :-

Blue gave my friend a black eye last week, with her enthusiastic welcome...I wouldn't mind quite so much, but it was half way through the evening when she realised Aunty Paula was Still here!!!

She also ended up on the Arch Deacons head when he came round for a meeting once, she was behaving really well...then just couldn't contain herself any longer :lol: :lol:

Merlins antics really made me laugh...I'm sorry...but .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a naughty boy Merlin sounds :eek:

My girls are perfectly behaved 24/7

they would never get up to anything

like that :b

:teehee:

weeing on the bed!! sorry but that is hilarious!!!

Oh excuse me Ann...handbags and sandwiches...??????????????

Come on Ann the stories of what Kaya gets up to have entertained us all for the last year or so!!!

Oh excuse me Ann...handbags and sandwiches...??????????????

Come on Ann the stories of what Kaya gets up to have entertained us all for the last year or so!!!

:lol: :b caught :lol:

Gypsy stole a scotch egg from a familys picnic :b

and i have chased her around the park trying to get a used sanitary towel out of her mouth (can i just add it wasnt mine) :x

but apart from that she is perfick o:)

We've got quite a big back garden but in a corner plot so about nine other houses can in theory see into our garden.

Quote my youngest son a few days ago, ''Mum, do you think the neighbours want to see Grover humping Roscoe while they are having their dinner?'' :clown:

Gypsy stole a scotch egg from a familys picnic :b and i have chased her around the park trying to get a used sanitary towel out of her mouth (can i just add it wasnt mine) :x

Gypsy stole a scotch egg from a familys picnic :b and i have chased her around the park trying to get a used sanitary towel out of her mouth (can i just add it wasnt mine) :x

I've got tears streaming down my face with laughter about this one!!! :lol:

I have to say, it's not just whippies that are embarrassing, we went to visit someone recently and Tiny weed all up their kitchen wall for no other reason than he could!

My little dog has a habit of trying to sit on my friends head, Can't move for laughing Sorry Nan, but it makes me scream with laughter :D

I've got tears streaming down my face with laughter about this one!!! :lol:

I have to say, it's not just whippies that are embarrassing, we went to visit someone recently and Tiny weed all up their kitchen wall for no other reason than he could!
Definitely not just whippets! My lovely border collie Taff had a lifelong habit of greeting people by being far too personal with his long nose. It was interesting to watch the reactions! Some people found it endearing but others were covered in confusion :b I didn't encourage him! (honestly!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Owen has a terrible habbit of getting out of the car at shows and cocking his leg up me. Now we have a ritual dance were I'm trying to avoid him and he's trying to pee as we walk across the carpark I try to get him to the car wheel so he'll wee up that but as he travels in a cage in the car with the asbo twins i'm usually trying to get them out when he sneaks up behind me and pee's. William the greyhound does it in the ring at crufts which he thinks is funny.

My two horrors sneaked through a hole in the perimeter fence round Stone Henge. At the gallop they jumped all over the stones, scattering tourists everywhere :teehee: . The only way i could get them back, was to make my way to the main entrance, pay to get in :- and then try to catch them! (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back