The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Escape proof harnesses....

PineappleQueen

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Im looking for a three strap (one that goes round the tummy, just under the ribs) harness, that specifically says escape proof, and personal recommendations please!

Ive read the Ruffwear one is good but £70 is a bit out of budget. If i cant find a cheaper version I guess it will be credit card time though!

Thanks in advance

I hope you havnt had any similar occurances since. Ive often wondered about what id do if my dog was attacked, i think most likey id throw myself in there and end upworse than him, same thing id do if my kids were attacked

Id say try Indie dog.. Heard and seen very good things about them..

I’ve just started using a Perfect Fit harness, can’t see how a dog could escape, but I don’t think it specifically said escape proof.

I hope you havnt had any similar occurances since. Ive often wondered about what id do if my dog was attacked, i think most likey id throw myself in there and end upworse than him, same thing id do if my kids were attacked
So far, so good,and fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. Let us know what sort of harness you end up with. I haven't replaced ours yet, I just make sure it's really tight (not uncomfortable so) when it's on.

If you are worried about your dog getting loose, have you thought about a training lead one end on the collar and the other on the harness, if one fails you still have control with the other.
I have! Can't find anything short enough though that won't get caught on everything :(

I have! Can't find anything short enough though that won't get caught on everything :(

You have confused me, having a training lead attached to both collar and harness makes it the almost same length as a normal lead, we do the same only with a normal collar and a head collar not a harness.

Though you meant a short lead that connects collar to harness.

I use a julius K9 harness for Kay, you can personalise the side stickers to say "escape proof" if you want ;)

QUOTE, arealhuman:

Thought you meant a short lead, that connects collar to harness.

U mean a coupler?
They are very short, & have spring-clips on both ends; houndsmen use them to couple a green dog to a seasoned hunter -- owners can couple a sighted dog to a blind dog, or a hearing dog to a deaf dog.

S/S model -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yosoo-Double-Coupler-Walking-Safety/dp/B01HCPJ15U/

biothane, leather, or brass, in varied sizes -
https://www.bellmanandflint.co.uk/product-category/terrier-couples/

U could use the biothane collar, slip the dog's own collar thru the narrow loop of the biothane, & then buckle the collar part of the biothane onto the girth of the harness, above the dog's shoulders. :)

- terry

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back