The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Euthanasia

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
thinking of you jill this is the hardest decision for you to make but i think its for the best to let her go with love at home :huggles: I just wish they would let people go with the same dignaty in my job i travel round various care homes and see humans in so much pain being given loads of morphine i just wish we could make living wills so we dont have to suffer

:( I agree totally with the post above, our thoughts are with you. :huggles:

Thinking of you both,

I to, have tears streaming down my face, i had to make the decision last may, it was the hardest thing i have ever done, nearly a year has gone by but it still hurts as much,

take care ,we are with you in our thoughts.

cara,xx

My heart goes out to you - it is one of the hardest decisions to make, but you know you have made the right one. Run free little one. :huggles:

:'( :'( To say I have tears streaming down my face is an understatement. Jill, I truly am more sorry than you will ever know, to hear this devistating news. Your little girl clearly meant the absolute world to you, and I know that you have given her the wonderful life she desereved. Please do not ever doubt your decision, it is one last gesture of love, to not only give her a blissful life but a gentle passing.

My thoughts are with you through this terrible time, if you ever need to talk, I'm always here.

Rest in peace little angel. Run free.

xXx

Thank you so much everyone who has said such kind words. I really appreciate it. I feel so much guilt and sadness but I also feel that there is no other option anymore and at least she can go out with some dignity. This has been, without a doubt the hardest decision I have ever had to make.

The vet is coming to see her tomorrow. Today I am taking her favorite place for the last time, the beach. And on the menu for this evening is filet mignon.

-jill

don't know what to say. there is life beyond this. and perhaps, in time, more whippets to bring joy. but for now, focus on the great times you've had. and of course let those tears flow as much as they want.

Jill said:
Thank you so much everyone who has said such kind words.  I really appreciate it.  I feel so much guilt and sadness but I also feel that there is no other option anymore and at least she can go out with some dignity.  This has been, without a doubt the hardest decision I have ever had to make.
The vet is coming to see her tomorrow. Today I am taking her favorite place for the last time, the beach. And on the menu for this evening is filet mignon.

-jill

It sounds like you have a very special girl and you have both brought each other so much happiness. This will be a final act of love and kindness. :huggles:

You are in our thoughts at this sad time. It is soo hard to make that descision but you know when the time has come to say goodbye and for their sake you must let them go. I know how much it hurts but it really is the most precious gift you can give , to release them from pain and suffering.

Thinking of you at this sad sad time. :(

Iv not been through it yet - the very thought of it gets me down i wish they could live as long as us! :(

In floods of tears here!! :'( :'(

Marie. x :huggles:

Sharing your sadness and thinking of you both. Your baby is so lucky to have a mum brave enough to let her go and the time certainly sounds to be the right one. She will just go to sleep in your arms as she has so many times in her life. That she won't wake again will hurt you so much but do think of her running free and although the hurt will never heal completely, it will fade and you will remember the good times you've had together.

I'm also getting closer to facing the same thing with my increasingly senile 13.5 year old, and the 15 year old is also very frail, so I understand your distress. Will be with you in thought tomorrow.

Hugs :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry Jill :(

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Liz and the Monellis

That's a horrible decision to have to make but I know you are doing the right thing. My thoughts are with you. Love and hugs.

Vicky

x

I will be thinking of you both tomorrow, can't add anymore than has already been said, you are doing the most kind thing for your obviously much loved girl :huggles: :huggles:

My thoughts are with you today xx I've recently made the decision myself, and know exactly how you feel. It's the most caring and loving final thing you can do for your beloved friend. Hugs to you xx

I hope everything goes okay for you today and that it's a peaceful day :(

We had to make this decision almost 2 years ago with our beloved 14 year old cat Jasper, and it was dreadful... I nearly cancelled the vet's call so many times the morning we were waiting. But finally the time came, and it was the right decision. We felt SO MUCH better afterwards. It's just the waiting in between the time you make the decision and the heartbeat when you say goodbye for the last time. I hope it feels better for you afterwards. I feel so sad for you today :(

Hugs for you :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: xx

~Helen~ said:
I hope everything goes okay for you today and that it's a peaceful day  :(
We had to make this decision almost 2 years ago with our beloved 14 year old cat Jasper, and it was dreadful... I nearly cancelled the vet's call so many times the morning we were waiting. But finally the time came, and it was the right decision. We felt SO MUCH better afterwards. It's just the waiting in between the time you make the decision and the heartbeat when you say goodbye for the last time. I hope it feels better for you afterwards. I feel so sad for you today :(

It's the waiting time now and I keep thinking I'm going to call the vet and tell him not to come but the rational part of me knows that would be selfish. I just keep looking at her sweet face, knowing how much she trusts me and can't believe I am actually going to do this to her. 14.5 years just doesn't seem long enough. I love her so much.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back