The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Evie-diva

michelle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just when you think a whippet cant be any stupider than it already is....they go and do something really stupid :eek: :eek:

Evie-diva decided she was going to eat a pack of 400mg ibuprofens (which she stole out of my handbag...which was zipped up) . She managed to eat 5 tablets before she was rudely interupted :blink: :wacko: ;) .

Off she got rushed to out vet who pointed out that it was going to be a minimum of £150 to hospitalize her,blood tests and put her on a drip but the chance of death or kidney faliure was quite high, so my husband left her there and we hoped for the best.

My husband rang the vets constantly during the day and then relying the messages back to me, it got to around 1pm and the vets didnt think any major damage was done but wanted to keep her in to carry out more tests/administer more fluids which we agreed to.

Now its 6pm and ive just picked up the kids who are now crying because evie is'nt coming home and they want to go and visit her so as the vets is 5 mins away we set off to visit the diva....which then the vet declared that there is no way they can keep her in...she is screaming constantly, destroying the fluid bags, tearing the drip from her arm and the stupid dog even ate some of the drip :rant: :oops: :wacko: (and she even managed that with a bucket on her head and a muzzle on).

So with a big bag of medication (which she is having no problem taking) instructions on keeping her fluids up etc and another appointment for monday for another blood test........................i am now£231.83 worse off.

Yes...i suppose she is worth it and we would be heartbroken if something really bad happened.

untitled.JPG

oh dear :oops: bless her, pleased she is gonna be ok,

evie, gorgeous :wub:

(w00t) Cant believe she would want to eat ibuprofen, bet it tasted horrible!!

And how on earth do animals get into everything???

We are getting our puppy in July, I am not letting her out of my sight, bet she still manages to get into everything and everywhere!!

Glad that Evie is ok :))

Oh my ... whippets are such thieves aren't they. I'm so glad she is going to be ok.

:eek: They will eat just about anything wont they, :eek: Glad she's gonna be OK. :thumbsup:

And B T W what do you mean 'you suppose she's worth it' ? :- " :lol:

Sonia and Jesse xx

Whippets4eva said:
:eek: They will eat just about anything wont they,  :eek: Glad she's gonna be OK.  :thumbsup: And B T W what do you mean 'you suppose she's worth it' ? :- "  :lol:

Sonia and Jesse xx

she is worth it...but yesterday i was having a right old moan about the vet bill then i remembered that the week before i'd been to selfridges and seen THE most fantastic chanel sunglasses for £220 and i was sooooooooooo close to buying them but bottled it at the last min because i couldnt justify it and then i went and spent £231 on evie-d without batting an eyelid.......so yeah she is deffinately worth it (but i will get my chanel shades 8) :teehee: )

Evie is a very lucky dog, that you were sensible and took her immediately to the vet, ibuprofen are extremely dangerous in large doses.

Do keep a really close eye on her for the next couple of weeks, and I'm afraid the vets bill will probably be more in the end as I expect they will want to do a few more repeat blood tests to check for liver or kidney damage.

Hope she does well and makes a complete recovery :luck:

OMG!!!! glad she is ok , think you need the chanels as a treat for yourself to ease the shock :D

evie-d's back at the vets tomorrow for another blood test to check out if any renal damage has been done so fingers crossed that'll be fine.

behaviour wise she is absolutely fine , my mother in law did suggest giving evie-d up for sniffer dog training duties as she sniffed out the ibuprofen in my handbag (ignored the chewing gum and numerous lip-glosses) 8) :p

I assume over time the bill will probably be a bit more due to further tests so if anyone is selling any chanel sunglasses or knows who can supply some very convincing fakes pm me lol :cheers: :D (w00t) 8) :- " :blink: :lol:

8) michelle with chanel shades

:( michelle without

Our little poppet George is a complete thief, anything he thinks we don't want him to have he automatically desires. This includes regular forages into bags which are zipped to get mints, chocolate eclairs and anything else he can grab. The minute you catch him he puts on his puppy eyes and slinks off!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back