The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Feeding

~Helen~

Warrior Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:thumbsup: DORWEST HERBS SITE - NATURAL FEEDING GUIDE

:) NEW PUPPY /NEW WHIPPET - WHAT FOOD?

food, new pup

new whippet parents, what to feed?

feeding a puppy, getting it right

Goats Milk - they love it!

thread from March 07

:) A RAW FOOD DIET

Some people regularly give raw meat and bones and their pets have notably white teeth and are glowing with health. Other people have had negative experiences with chicken wings and other raw bones.

It's worth noting that ALL bones should be fed raw. Never offer your dog a cooked bone because it will be brittle and may shatter or splinter, causing damage.

Who feeds a raw/natural diet?

your opinions on this diet please...

Who's a BARF feeder then?

chicken wings good or bad

chicken wings not good here

feeding raw meat? Beware!

NEOSPORA - debate and links

Good link to an outside site, the [SIZE=14pt]UK BARF Club[/SIZE] :thumbsup:

link to ukbarf this contains lots of pages of information, as well as articles and advice from a veterinarian :thumbsup:

Link to Anglian Meat Products/Prize Choice site - this website also carries a lot of good information which answers lots of questions about risks from salmonella etc.

prizechoice site

TRIPE: greentripe.com site full of info and analysis about the content and benefits of tripe :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: GENERAL FEEDING ADVICE & INFO

what do your whippets eat?

whippets and protein

suppliers of tripe

More than one whippet... and different eating habits. How to get it right so that one doesn't go hungry?

Breakfast nightmare - the grated cheese trick which gets nearly every dog eating...

This last thread applies to fussy eaters too so sorry it's repeated further down the page but I didn't want anyone to miss it :unsure:

Gilpa food

Feeding complete dog food

:D RAW BONES - KEEPING THE TEETH HEALTHY

thread from July 05

:blink: FUSSY EATERS!

choosy eater, any advice please? thread from June 2005

Fussy Eater thread Oct 2004

Dog won't eat thread from 2002

Breakfast nightmare - the grated cheese trick which gets nearly every dog eating...

COAT CONDITION

what to feed...

thread from Sept 05 with lots of advice and helpful info

VEGETARIAN FOOD FOR PETS

http://www.veggiepets.com/

:unsure: :unsure: An external link which has something to say about the ethics behind some pet food companies:

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iams.htm

[SIZE=14pt]Treats:[/SIZE]

:p Homemade treats for dogs

Last edited by a moderator:
Is barf diet ok for pet whippets.

I have started 5 month old Annie on small helpings of raw minced beef (previously frozen)which contains 5% bone mixed with a good handful of small bite mixer. She absolutely loves it. Also feedig James Wellbeloved puppy as well as Felix cat food in jelly and mixer.

I would like to continue increasing the amount and variety of meat that I am giving her, but am unsure if I should be giving her this diet.

She is healthy and in good condition.

The pre packed meat wrapper states it should be fed to working dogs only and not pets. Is this food too high in protein for her?

I'd be grateful for some K9 help here.

:) Just bumping Mazza's question up. Does anybody have an advice for her?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've added a couple of new links which may interest raw feeders, or those thinking about a raw diet for their animals.

mazza said:
Is barf diet ok for pet whippets.I have started 5 month old Annie on small helpings of raw minced beef (previously frozen)which contains 5% bone mixed with a good handful of small bite mixer. She absolutely loves it. Also feedig James Wellbeloved puppy as well as Felix cat food in jelly and mixer.

I would like to continue increasing the amount and variety of meat that I am giving her, but am unsure if I should be giving her this diet.

The pre packed meat wrapper states it should be fed to working dogs only and not pets.  Is this food too high in protein for her?

Iknow this is an old post BUT just thought I'd mention it,CAT FOOD IS NOT SUITABLE FOR DOGS cats have totally different requirements nutrionally than dogs and their food is not the same at all,for one cat food contains taurine as cats cannot be fed on solely vegetarian diets which dogs can.This I learnt from a nutritional course I did good few years ago when I was in the pet trade.

Feeding cat food to your dog can cause health problems. :(

Would welcome some advice on natures menu Nature Diet which is considered the best and if they are suitable for delicate tums. Also whether mixer can be given with it or best fed alone.

05whippet said:
mazza said:
Is barf diet ok for pet whippets.I have started 5 month old Annie on small helpings of raw minced beef (previously frozen)which contains 5% bone mixed with a good handful of small bite mixer. She absolutely loves it. Also feedig James Wellbeloved puppy as well as Felix cat food in jelly and mixer.

The pre packed meat wrapper states it should be fed to working dogs only and not pets.  Is this food too high in protein for her?

I know this is an old post BUT ....it says for working dogs only because of some legal issue about vat...it is suitable for pets :thumbsup:

I promised Helen a while back some vet's views re BARF feeding. This one has just come my way. BARF and oral health. Hope that the link works.

BARF and teeth

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back