The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Finding Your Way To Dog Shows

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
got one! its a garmin, I've driven around this evening and its got me home ok :thumbsup:

real test tomorrow - I'll let you know how I go :wacko:

if you don't hear from me tomorrow, you'll know it was rubbish and I've got totally lost :lol:

I've got a Garmin one - she's called Ethel and she certainly knows her way around!

ANOTHER SAFETY TIP

Don't put your own address in the "HOME" section of your SatNav. If someone nicks your car with your SatNav in, they can then make a beeline directly for your house, and if they're lucky enough to have your car keys, they may well have your house keys too! Always make sure you wipe the suction-cup mark off your windscreen - it's a dead giveaway for thieves!

Hope you don't get lost

Louise

thanks Louise, :thumbsup: didn't think of that - I'll go put my postcode in instead of address :- "

its handy to get one that has black spot and speed camera details too :cheers: not that I ever speed of course ;)

i'm at a show most weekends in summer & do loads of travelling in the campervan, I usually have at least 2 people following me with caravans but on the one occasssion I borrowed O.H.s sat nav "Sexy Susie" :- " it didn't know about the caravans & directed me down a very narrow road. Luckily we all have walkie talkies so I was able to tell them not to follow me, they wouldn't have been able to get through. So they ended up going round a roundabout until I found somewhere to turn around :angry: STRESSED

I :rant: :rant: a lot & was tempted to throw the damn thing out the window.

I ended up turning it off & going back to the map.

I've not used it since as I don't trust it anymore but O.H. loves it as he's rubbish at directions so believes everything Sexy Susie tells him :- "

It's a Tom Tom & quite basic but gets him from A-B

my OH has just brought me a new one with the speed camera detector, traffic allerts and hands free calling for the mobile phone - i just hope i can work out how to use it :- " it was on special offer at Halfords

great advise about not putting home address in

Yup - that's the one we have :D

Wendy

georgina said:
my OH has just brought me a new one with the speed camera detector, traffic allerts and hands free calling for the mobile phone -  i just hope i can work out how to use it :- "  it was on special offer at Halfords
great advise about not putting home address in

hurray!! :D

went to Cathie's house today, so she could see if I was looking after Monty ok, and am very pleased to say that I got there just fine and was only 10 minutes late - which is pretty good cos last time we went we were an hour late :oops:

better post some pics of Monty and his mum and sister on general whippets :thumbsup:

Glad this topic has been put on - ive recently been thinking of getting one as i always have to drag OH to shows with me as im totally useless at directions and ive only been driving a few yrs, and mainly just drive on my own to work and into town - just local really - so the idea of driving miles to a champ show on my own is terrifying!!

I just presumed all you guys were super confident drivers and map readers! Youve given me a little ray of light Jo cause i always presumed you drove to shows on your own, no sat nav! ive always thought - 'i wish i was that brave'! :lol: :thumbsup:

might get searching for a sat nav then!

I could do with one when Im in hospital , some tmes I get lost trying to find the bathroom (w00t) :oops: :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back