The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

First Day At Agility!!

FionaS

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yesterday me and Dolly had our first agility class. Dolly loved it and was the only whippet there. Her favourite was going over the A frame and through the tunnel. She came home very exicted and ran around the house playing with her toy at 21:00 when she's normally ready for bed!! She also passed her bronze good citizen last week, so i am really proud off her. Hers a pic of her having a rest after she calmed down a bit last night.

dollylook.JPG

Well done Dolly. My whippet Jed was good at racing in his young life but now at 9 years old he has started flyball. He also passed his bronze good citizen and is the only whippet doing flyball in our district, so it shows what whippets CAN do.

He is up for selection for a beginners flyball team next week so I am very proud of him.

Congratulations :cheers: - agility is great fun for you and your whippet :thumbsup: - and the fact that her basic obedience is good will help a lot! Keep at it and have great fun with Dolly! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My Zephyr loves agility - doesn't always do the exact course he is supposed to do as he loves it so much he likes to add in a few extra jumps :- " and he has his bronze and silver good citizen too. You should hear him barking at agility every time another dog is running - it's like he is shouting at me, saying 'My turn, my turn, please Mum!!!!' :p

Last edited by a moderator:
We love agility too :)

At the end of the class when the dogs are all playing Vader goes off and practices on his own (not the cat walk or anythign just the jumps) He takes it all a bit seriously and likes to practice to make sure he is best in the class (better than those silly collies and spaniels :- " )

Hope Dolly does well and congrats on passing your bronze award o:)

Good for you! I'm impressed. Hope Dolly continues to enjoy! :thumbsup:

Well done to Dolly. :huggles: :cheers: I know their dad (Tigger) is a very all rounder too. :thumbsup: shes a lot like Kobi on that picture too. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma has just emailed me to let me know that 'B' has had her pups so Dolly should have a little brother/sister soon!! I am going on holiday on Friday for three weeks to Aus and Dolly is going on holiday to Emma's. I am going to miss her so much!! I know she will be fine with Emma though. She does look alot like Kobi. I am also going to hopefully get Dolly registered as a PAT dog, as i think she would be great at it. :D

Well done Dolly, getting her bronze GC the agility sounds good fun.

Tigger goes for his gold at the end of June, so fingers and paws crossed!

You will be getting excited about the puppies too.

zeb is doning his bronze and silver this summer with luck this year i hope he passes. :- "

He also dose a bit of agility when he doesnt run off to the other side opf the ring.

Well done for getting your bronze Dolly :thumbsup:

Sounds like she's a natural when it comes to agility... :D

well done dolly.

all the best for the future

I don't know who was more tired at the end me or Dolly!! :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back