The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Forever Home Wanted.

Paula Roberts

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We have come to the heartbreaking decision that Monty has to be rehomed, :( we got him back 5 months ago from his owners and he bonded with Kieren straight away, the only problem is our own dogs do not like him and will not tolerate him at all, :( he tries to be a bit dominant with them and our dogs wont stand for it, so they have to be seperated at all times which just isnt fair on any of them, :(

Monty is a lovely light brindle boy who is microchipped, nutured, kc reg, is only problem is the dominance with other dogs, he loves kids and is very loyal, any one who can help this lovely boy get his forever sofa please get in touch.

Good luck to Monty. :huggles: to Keiran.

Is he OK with bitches Paula? There's a chance I might know someone who wants a boy but already has a small bitch (not a whippet)

He's Ok with Bitch's, when he first meets them he puffs himself up ect but is fine with them, we put it down to him having been nutured early as he doesnt seem to know if hes a dog/bitch?.

with our entire dogs he trys to stand over them and be dominant but they wont have it.

Im sorry you have to let him go, but it sounds as if its the best thing to do.

Im sure a K9'er will soon snap him up and then you will be able to see him

on here :)

:( Sorry to read this but you are doing the right thing for all concerned.Lots of :luck: :luck: sure he will be found a home soon :luck:

A very hard decision to make - but for what its worth, my feeling is that if Monty hasn't backed down yet and accepted a lower place in the pack - then he never will. So, heartbreaking though it is, finding him a new home where he can settle into the position he thinks is right for him, is going to be best in the long run. :thumbsup:

I'm sure someone here will know of the perfect home for the wee man :luck:

Hes fine when hes on the lead and he meets other dogs he"s really friendly, the problem we have is when hes wandering round the house, he thinks he owns it, but my other 2 males have taken exception to this.

I've rang them, they got a beddie/whippet cross last week - but will keep my ears open for Monty. :luck:

Cheers Rae,

thought we were going to have a good reason for a long weekend away at a nice site I know down your way :thumbsup:

i am looking for a pet whippet to live in the house with me my wife and 3y/o son we dont have any pets at present..call me on 0785????? if he is still available please.

Rae said:
I've rang them, they got a beddie/whippet cross last week - but will keep my ears open for Monty. :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nathan,

Have sent you a pm but i"d take your phone number off the thread if i was you. :thumbsup:

good luck with him Paula :luck:

i understand how hard this is for you , you are doing the right thing by him and all concerned :huggles:

good luck finding Monty a new home :luck:

so sorry to hear this , im sure the right home will come along very soon , good luck hun and chin up :luck: :luck: :huggles:

What a shame it hasn't work out ........It's always very hard introducing an older male into an established pack, but fair play on being responsible, taking him back and giving it a go ......... :luck: :luck: to Monty and :huggles: to little Kieren ......

All the best in finding a lovely new home for him :luck:

Good luck in finding little Monty the perfect home.. :luck: Im so sorry you have to part with him.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back