The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Frightened

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
jok said:
As a female dog owner i obviously share your concerns.

However, as a police officer i'll warn you all about the spray. It doesn't just incapacitate the person you spray but it will contaminate you and you could end up helpless on the floor too. Then if there's more than one of these sneaky thieves about, your dogs gone!

:angry:

Safety in numbers is the best and safest option i would suggest.

Keep safe everyone!!

Not if its used correctly.

Either way i'll take the risk as even with safety in numbers i know of at least 3 cases of two women walking their dogs, a man & wife walking their dogs were set upon & had their dogs taken.

Think about it 2 woman approached on a lonely path by 2 or 3 guys, totally defenceless?? Dont stand a chance.

Recently in west London a couple walking their staffie, held up at gun point, the dog was taken.

At least if you have something to fight back with you may stand a hope in hell.

Nina

Last edited by a moderator:
YIKES (w00t) Some of these stories are really scarey.

I know I will be on alert when walking Evie I go on some pretty quiet remote walks with her on my own, without a care.

My pockets are already stuffed might invest in a small back pack for the doggy bags, treats, door keys,toy, camera (when I remember ) and phone.

I laughed at OH when he said he would get me some pepper spray, think i will have to admit it might be useful :b cos I would use it without a second thought.

Julie

just doing a bit of research on pepper spray and came accross an article about a disabled man in a wheelchair being arrested and prosecuted for using pepper spray on a man who held a knife to his throat trying to rob him, don't you just love our justice system :angry:

I would rather do time than pay a fine or compensation to some low life that tried to nick my dog :rant: :rant: :rant:

Julie

spray them, kick them ( a few times hard) and leave them :thumbsup:

I was walking round a busy industrial estate full of warehouses, lorry drivers, i"ve done this walk for years, first of all a bloke came and asked me for directions i told him where the place was and off he went a bit further round the walk he was talking to two blokes in a van, just thought he was asking them for directions to, then the two blokes in the van started to follow me, didnt think anything of it till the bloke on foot appeared again, just carried on then the van came from another direction and the bloke on foot appeared behind me, got straight on the phone to Mark, and went and stood at one of the snack vans till he came to pick me up, we saw the bloke on foot but as soon as he spotted Mark with me he turned round and went the opposite way, he then got in the van and it drove off so they must of all known each other, count myself quite lucky as in the local paper a few days later two blokes had taken a young woman off the street and assaulted her, might be a coincidence but i"m not taking anymore chances, we always do the dogs together now.

beaker said:
just doing a bit of research on pepper spray and came accross an article about a disabled man in a wheelchair being arrested and prosecuted for using pepper spray on a man who held a knife to his throat trying to rob him, don't you just love our justice system :angry:

Yep, in a word its absolute b******s!! Rape & kill someone, rob someones home, steal their possessions etc, you end up getting away with it. Go 1 mph over a 30 mph limit & they come down on you like a ton of bricks!!!

Same as going back a while ago the guy who shot the pikey kid who broke into his home & tried to steal his belongings, HE got banged up for it, where is the justice in that????

If you dont have a right to protect yourself, your children, your home, your possessions from these scum, you may as well give up here & now cos the so called justice system is an "ass"

Nina

Paula Roberts said:
I was walking round a busy industrial estate full of warehouses, lorry drivers, i"ve done this walk for years, first of all a bloke came and asked me for directions i told him where the place was and off he went a bit further round the walk he was talking to two blokes in a van, just thought he was asking them for directions to, then the two blokes in the van started to follow me, didnt think anything of it till the bloke on foot appeared again, just carried on then the van came from another direction and the bloke on foot appeared behind me, got straight on the phone to Mark, and went and stood at one of the snack vans till he came to pick me up, we saw the bloke on foot but as soon as he spotted Mark with me he turned round and went the opposite way, he then got in the van and it drove off so they must of all known each other, count myself quite lucky as in the local paper a few days later two blokes had taken a young woman off the street and assaulted her, might be a coincidence but i"m not taking anymore chances, we always do the dogs together now.

OMG Paula, think you definitely had a lucky escape, thank god you had your wits about you.

Nina

:rant:thats it, isnt it? remember that illigal immagrant who, while drink driving, mowed down and killed that young boy. a fine and community service, when that scum shouldnt have even been here :rant:

tina, or any of us, could be seriously hurt. until we get assaulted/robbed etc, the police are powerless to act. once its happened, the culprits usually dont get found. of those that do, most will be let off 'insufficient evidence'. those few that actually make it to face justice rarely get punished. 'not in the courts interest' 'of previously good character' (never been caught, more like) 'stressful time in his life, etc etc, unlikely to reoffend'

so, of thousands of criminals, ultimately only a couple of dozen will even get a custodial sentence, and only a handful a MEANINGFUL sentence. bitter, moi? the man who tried to rape me at 13 was never 'found'. he lived 2 minutes from me on my way to school, and i had to see his face every single bloody day. the f-ing police wouldnt lift a finger, while that scum sat on his front garden wall and leered at me :rant: :rant: :rant:

lalena said:
:rant:thats it, isnt it? remember that illigal immagrant who, while drink driving, mowed down and killed that young boy. a fine and community service, when that scum shouldnt have even been here :rant:

tina, or any of us, could be seriously hurt. until we get assaulted/robbed etc, the police are powerless to act. once its happened, the culprits usually dont get found. of those that do, most will be let off 'insufficient evidence'. those few that actually make it to face justice rarely get punished. 'not in the courts interest' 'of previously good character' (never been caught, more like) 'stressful time in his life, etc etc, unlikely to reoffend'

so, of thousands of criminals, ultimately only a couple of dozen will even get a custodial sentence, and only a handful a MEANINGFUL sentence. bitter, moi? the man who tried to rape me at 13 was never 'found'. he lived 2 minutes from me on my way to school, and i had to see his face every single bloody day. the f-ing police wouldnt lift a finger, while that scum sat on his front garden wall and leered at me :rant: :rant: :rant:

Poor you, how awful, sounds like you have had first hand experience of our so called "justice system"

Sometimes you just have to do whats right for you, whether you suffer the consequences after or not. We all have our own moral code & if you you beleive its right, you have to live by it no matter what.

Most of us would never even consider doing anyone harm or hurting them in any way, stealing their possesions etc & equally we dont expect it to be done to us.

As i said before i beleive in an eye for an eye. Don't do unto others etc.......

Nina

yeah, and so did my dad :( a gang of about 10 blokes beat the crap out of him one night, on the way home from work. no motive, he wasnt robbed. took old bill 2 weeks to bother getting a statement :blink: i dont need to tell you the outcome, do i?

i totally agree with an eye for an eye. i must be one of the few in my age group (23) who wants harsher punishment, including hanging.

i'm thankful tina has a good support network. what, though, if this man next targets an old, alone, pensioner in order to ransom her dearly loved pet? there was one in the local paper, had her lilac pointed siamese abducted. she contacted the press, but so many dont, for fear. if the man thought someone young like tina was easy, how much easier would the elderly be?

what is the world coming too ???

i have a large field just at the bottom of my road where i generally take the dogs , its not too bad as it is surrounded by houses etc

but it is very daunting when out on your own or when i have the kids with me.

it is difficult as i am single :thumbsup: so dont have someone to walk with etc but i do try and go out with my dad when i can too,

everybody be aware and keep safe :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

some of these stories are so scary and so sad :( makes you want to hide away forever!!

but why give them that satisfaction :rant:

Edit to say I'm geting a pepper spray thingy, cheers Mark!

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awful experiance for you Lalena, but when the police dont or cant act what are law abiding people meant to do just sit back and pretend everythings ok, as i said before i wouldnt hesitate to use whatever means i had to to stop ANYONE hurting me or my family, if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night when your kids are asleep are you just meant to ask them nicely to leave your property, when they themselves wont have come empty handed. The law in this country is just a JOKE thats why the criminals no they can do what they want and get away with it, as someones already said an eye for an eye.

~Helen~ said:
This is the one I have - it has a UV tracer which is probably as good as the dye. I paid about £9 each (bought one for each of my girls too) but they're reduced on this web-page :thumbsup: You can't go wrong at that price!
personal alarm

But you don't need to carry anything illegal or risk being prosecuted.

This spray may not disable the attacker, but it will affect his eyesight if you blast him in the face, as well as mark him with a UV marker for the police to identify him, and it'll make the most ear-piercing shriek - and I mean ear-piercing, I've set mine off by accident :b

on to it already Helen Thanks :thumbsup:

need bigger pockets (w00t)

if someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night when your kids are asleep are you just meant to ask them nicely to leave your property
you get the 12G out of the cabinat and load it with 2 x no4 o:)

it changed the course of my life for the worse, but i'm the lucky one, its every other girl i fear for. as he didnt get found, theres nothing on his record to prove his sick intentions should someone else accuse him. for the first time i was very happy about racial tension. that slime was a 20ish yr old muslim man, and i was only saved by a group of sikh youths who chased him off. since then, probably sadly, i have a strong dislike of muslims. to me, they are all guilty until proven innocent.

mark, i must say i prefer my replica walther ppk pellet gun :D far less blood, which is sooo hard to get off the walls, dontcha know... :- "

jue332 said:
I would rather do time than pay a fine or compensation to some low life that tried to nick my dog  :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

Julie

Me too! :rant: :rant: Fortunately 1 of my male Whippets barks like mad & lunges if any strangers get too close to us when we're out walking. I used to discourage this behaviour, I don't any more!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back