The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gelert Wins Lottie!

~elizabeth~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Last week we were invited to a tea party with at difference - most of the guests were dogs (one of mine, 3 of OEHs, 2 bedlingtons and a lab) hosted by an elderly friend. One of the bedlies was bang in the middle of her season and, despite thwarting the efforts of all previous stud dogs, took an instant fancy to Gelert; without any messing about they set to the task of making little lurchers.

We had another go today, not as successful as I think Lottie, although keen, was past her optimum time. Do you think it's worth trying again?

Everyone is keeping their fingers crossed for success. Any idea what colour we can expect from this cross? I'm not quite sure what colour Lottie is (liver or sandy?), and if brindle is dominant to this.

lottie.jpg

gelandlot.jpg

Awww I hope it worked Elizabeth :luck: :luck: have to say lottie is looking a bit coy in that pic :*

Well apparently she won't normally let any dogs near her, but she was enthusiasticly sticking her rear end in his face all the time :b

flirty.jpg

Well who can blame her with such a handsome boy :wub: :wub:

Good luck - fingers crossed for you all. :luck:

Ooh, I bet they make beautiful babies :wub: are you going to have one, Elizabeth?

~Helen~ said:
Ooh, I bet they make beautiful babies :wub: are you going to have one, Elizabeth?
Hmmn, too many puppy dilemmas all at once ;) ;) ;) OH would like one certainly. Better not count one's puppies before they're hatched though :- " :luck:

Bedlie fur is amazing, like tightly purled, persian lamb. They even have tails like lambs. Does anyone know if bedli-whippet keep the non-moulting fur ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow..this is exciting. My fingers are crossed. I can see your dilemma...you really wanted a whippet pup originally didn't you? How will you be able to resist one of Gelert's pups, if things are successful? Heck..what a choice. :blink:

I've got a beddie x whippet and she doesn't really shed her fur. :thumbsup:

:luck: Good luck Elizabeth ..................... I bet the babies will be beautiful :wub:

I have two bedlington cross girls living here and I am afraid to say they both moult dreadfully :oops: Still, it stops the hoover becoming redundant!!

peony said:
I have two bedlington cross girls living here and I am afraid to say they both moult dreadfully :oops:   Still, it stops the hoover becoming redundant!!
I just wondered as I considered getting one when I was still worrying about the fur allergies, also wondered what I shold tell Lottie's owner if she's asked the question.

Just brought this up as someone was interested,(well quite a few people really) in Bedlington/whippet cross pups.

Any word on this mating Moriarte? Do we know yet if it was a success?

Hi,

I have just joined K9 in search of a replacement for a dear 12 1/2 year old Whippet who died earlier this week. We had her from 9 weeks old and are looking for a Whippet/Bedlington to keep our remaining 2 (4 yr old whippet bitch and 7 yr old Greyhound/Collie bitch) and us company.

If the mating was successful and you haven't yet been inundated with requests for the puppies could you bear me in mind please when they are born? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back