The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gin Pit Puppy Training Piks

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
fab pics!! :thumbsup:

looks like marvins comming on a treat hes blooming lovly :wub: :wub:

cant believe how Marvin as grown think he's going to be all leg and ear's lol, he's lovely,

Jenny's had her DNA test today with her mum Hobgoblin and suspect Dad Red Ranger also having their swabs, club members witnessed the event and confirmed the identity of all dogs present. ( Although it took a bit of work because some couldn't believe Holly was 12!) :lol:

The swabs are now in another members possession for posting so there is no chance of them being tampered with following the witnessing. Results should be returned in about 6 weeks and both organisations will be provided with copies of the results for registration purposes.

clipboard02.sized.jpg
Why did you choise to have witnesses present Jac's? I don't think anybody would accuse you and Tony of falsely registering the true parentage of the pups, or the date of their birth's.

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

It's nice of you to say you think we're trustworthy but I wouldn't like to presume everyone felt the same way. There could be just cause for doubt too seeing as though all viable studs on the premises are all scratch dogs along with the dam, so having a 25lber and a 27lber pop out is a bit of shock to us! :lol: Hell, their existance is still a bloody big shock! (w00t)

I did think of getting them done with our vet but realistically I cannot expect the vet to 'know' that the dog I present to them really is Red Ranger, especially when we have a number of males who are closely bred and similar in appearance. I just felt that by presenting the dogs to trustworthy people who've seen them on a weekly basis, their reliability as witnesses would be more secure.

With regards to DOB's, first thing we did when we thought Holly was pregnant was inform friends and booked her in for a scan, when it was confirmed she was, we didn't 'go public' about it because of our concerns about Holly and the last thing we needed was a public thrashing when we'd shed enough tears about the whole thing anyhow. However, when they were born and all was thankfully well, we did announce it here (along with Vicky having calls every 30mins from a neurotic midwife during the labour) and duelly received deserved criticism but also a lot of support from fellow racers, who we are very grateful to. :thumbsup:

Jenny's had her DNA test today with her mum Hobgoblin and suspect Dad Red Ranger also having their swabs, club members witnessed the event and confirmed the identity of all dogs present. ( Although it took a bit of work because some couldn't believe Holly was 12!) :lol:

The swabs are now in another members possession for posting so there is no chance of them being tampered with following the witnessing. Results should be returned in about 6 weeks and both organisations will be provided with copies of the results for registration purposes.

clipboard02.sized.jpg
Why did you choise to have witnesses present Jac's? I don't think anybody would accuse you and Tony of falsely registering the true parentage of the pups, or the date of their birth's.

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

It's nice of you to say you think we're trustworthy but I wouldn't like to presume everyone felt the same way. There could be just cause for doubt too seeing as though all viable studs on the premises are all scratch dogs along with the dam, so having a 25lber and a 27lber pop out is a bit of shock to us! :lol: Hell, their existance is still a bloody big shock! (w00t)

I did think of getting them done with our vet but realistically I cannot expect the vet to 'know' that the dog I present to them really is Red Ranger, especially when we have a number of males who are closely bred and similar in appearance. I just felt that by presenting the dogs to trustworthy people who've seen them on a weekly basis, their reliability as witnesses would be more secure.

With regards to DOB's, first thing we did when we thought Holly was pregnant was inform friends and booked her in for a scan, when it was confirmed she was, we didn't 'go public' about it because of our concerns about Holly and the last thing we needed was a public thrashing when we'd shed enough tears about the whole thing anyhow. However, when they were born and all was thankfully well, we did announce it here (along with Vicky having calls every 30mins from a neurotic midwife during the labour) and duelly received deserved criticism but also a lot of support from fellow racers, who we are very grateful to. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your reply Jac's :thumbsup: and :luck: to the pups racing career's.

oooh..cant wait to find out the "official" dna results ...even though red ranger is a dead cert on being the daddy :D

Jenny is such a stunner...cant wait to see her on the track

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back