The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gizmo Almost Died

Susan

Robbie
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This was a very close call :(

Tonight we got back from the shopping trip. I always let Robbie, Ricky and Leo out together and after they had done the toilet, I bring them in and let Gizmo out by himself.

I let the wee man out and kept on putting away the shopping,,,about 2 mins after I let him out Gary ran into the kitchen to say Gizzy was caught up in his goal post netting :( . I went out and there he was all tangled up, his neck, back, legs,,,he was well stuck. I thought he was very quiet and steady, just standing there till I tried to pull the netting from his neck,,,he was being strangled. I screamed for Rachel to get a knife, and I cut him free.

His gums were white and he just stood there, I got him into the house and talked to him and one minute he was just kinda standing beside me the next he was jumping about and being Gizmo again :D

I was shaking like a leaf and just starting to calm down now.

Gizzy is fine, he's just had a pigs ear and being the normal devil dog again :D

Just a wee warning about goal posts and other netting that could be in your back garden,,,keep pups/ dogs away from them :thumbsup:

Gary's goal posts are now in the front garden,,one is a bit chopped up now :p

Oh boy that's scary! So glad Gizmo is ok. :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: for you and your shock. :huggles: :huggles:

Don't they just frighten the living daylights out of you - glad he's ok - :sweating:good job Gary was about and he hadnt been shut out by himself. :unsure:

wow thats seriously scarey. (w00t) im glad gizmo is allright and has survived his frightening experience. :thumbsup: bet youre all shook up too.dont dogs scare you! :sweating:

Gizzy is fine, (w00t) , he's fooling about with his best pal Leo and is soon going to bed :))

God knows how he will react when Leo (Vivs Destiny ) goes back to his owners as they are the best of pals :thumbsup:

I have had pups for years, but this scared the shit out of me,,,,,Just be carefull, with all the toys you have for your children as it can be deadly for your pups/dogs.

Gizmo is now in bis bed waiting to attack anything that moves and being the pain in the a** that we all love

Im just saying,,,,,,Be carefull as most of us have young kids,,,,would yous think a young boys goal posts would hurt/killm a pup??????????????????????????????

Oh what an awful experience for you and poor Gizmo :( Glad he is ok :thumbsup:

My son has asked for some goal posts for his birthday, its made me think yes or no ? ? ?

We have a goal with netting in our garden and Kiah has been tangled in it a couple of times when she was very small but not recently - nothing like Gismo but it could have been, especially if she had panicked.

At least this highlights the dangers of goal post netting - especially with small pups.

Great to hear you have both recoved from the ordeal OK. :))

Last edited by a moderator:
So pleaased hes alright, :thumbsup: what a terrible experience for you both... :(

Glad to hear he is ok :huggles: :luck:

ALL netting is potentially dangerous to animals, even garden netting; I've found various wildlife tangled up and dead in it in my time, from birds to grass snakes :(

What a terrifuing experience. How lucky you came out when you did. Glad is is OK and hope he will kep away from nets from now on :cheers:

:eek: poor gizzy :( sending lots of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

must have been a shocking experience for you. :(

but at least it was a happy ending :thumbsup:

glad gizmo is fine :huggles:

God Susan how scary is that (w00t) Im so glad Gismo is ok - but that brings it home as we have a goal post too and Id never even imagined something like that to happen. :( I will take the netting off it now. Extra :huggles: for Gismo.

Last edited by a moderator:
poor Gizzy, what a fright, you just never know the minute something innocent turns to an accident, need our eyes peeled all the time, glad he's ok now

Exactly the same thing happened to us recently. One of our whippets ran into a goal net and got completely tangled up especially round her neck and the more she pulled of course the tighter it got.

Thank goodness there was someone else in the garden who could hold her still whilst I managed to release her, if I had been on my own I dread to think what might have happened. The nets are made of thick nylon and without a knife I just would not have been able to fee her on my own.

I'm afraid the boys have to use a couple of jumpers as goal posts now, the other one is headed for the dump!

poor gizmo hope he gets lots of cuddles :huggles: :huggles:

So pleased Gizmo, is ok, this reminds me of some puppy owners who had collars on their dogs.One little mite jumped up to the door handle and hanged itself, sorry to remind/inform folk, but lets avoid such tragic moments. :thumbsup:

Mike

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back