The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Good Luck Gypsy

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Am really glad Gypsy is doing well and making a Speedy recovery. :D

You do what's right for you,your dog and your family and regardless of what anyone else thinks,they aren't living your life so any nasty comments are pretty meaningless and irrelevant since everyones circumstances are different. (w00t)

My Boxer bitch was spayed at four months old and i'm quite happy and so was my vet,this was the right thing for my dog and my family and my other dogs etc. (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had two bitches spayed before their first season and never had a problem with either of them.

The two that I've had speyed after their first season.......... well one was urine incontinent from about the age of 3 and she lived to be 17.5 so that was a lot of drugs that had to be pumped into her and a lot of carpets etc being cleaned. The other one lived in total harmony with my other two speyed bitches until she had her season and then it was basically hell.

Two bitches fighting is no fun. She never settled anywhere other than here (she was a foster) so everytime that they decided to try to kill each other and they came very, very close we'd have to go through this should we rehome her thing.

Things are resolved now as I only have one bitch. I dare not have another here because I think that the ex foster would simply kill her.

I totally support your decision and am sure that you made it with the best of intentions towards Gypsy. She is fine that is all that is important. Well that is all that is important to me and I guess that it is to you. :thumbsup:

BeeJay said:
I've had two bitches spayed before their first season and never had a problem with either of them. 
The two that I've had speyed after their first season..........  well one was urine incontinent from about the age of 3 and she lived to be 17.5 so that was a lot of drugs that had to be pumped into her and a lot of carpets etc being cleaned.  The other one lived in total harmony with my other two speyed bitches until she had her season and then it was basically hell. 

Two bitches fighting is no fun.  She never settled anywhere other than here (she was a foster) so everytime that they decided to try to kill each other and they came very, very close we'd have to go through this should we rehome her thing.

Things are resolved now as I only have one bitch.  I dare not have another here because I think that the ex foster would simply kill her.

I totally support your decision and am sure that you made it with the best of intentions towards Gypsy.  She is fine that is all that is important.  Well that is all that is important to me and I guess that it is to you. :thumbsup:

Have seen a very similar situation to yours too and i'm totally with you Beejay :huggles:

Gypsy will be fine :p

you have to do what is right for you and the dog.....

Good luck gypsy, im sure you will be racing round in no time

Glad Gypsy"s feeling better dont think Monty will let her laze about for long. :huggles:

Paula Roberts said:
Glad Gypsy"s feeling better dont think Monty will let her laze about for long. :huggles:
absolutely right paula!!!!...as we speak monty is tormenting her by going behind and under places she cannot fit anymore and barking at her....he drives her potty....but he is gorgeous so he gets away with murder :wub:

gypsy is back to her normal nutty self now! bless her :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
glad to hear she is on the mend kaz! i think you done the right thing, you took advice from a vet and done what is best for you and your dog. imo it is the responsible act to spey if you dont wish to breed? when my dad sells his whips he advises to spey when mature, and imo whilst rescue centres are full of dogs, i cant see the point of not speying a pet bitch who you have no intention of breeding from? many people leave their dogs in the garden whilst popping somewhere and beleive their dog is safe, it could just be that time that the randy terrier from down the lane chooses to get to your bitch, therefore an unplanned litter ? everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it and this is just mine?

gypsy has had her final check up and is now officially recovered :huggles:

(although she had recovered ages ago really :lol: )

im really glad i decided to spay her when i did...i assisted on hundreds of bitch spays at my time at the vets and know how much easier the operation is and therefore the recovery time is in a pre season bitch..

thanks to everyone who has pmed me and posted kind comments on this thread...its nice to know how many friends i have made on k9 in my short time here :thumbsup:

~whitecross whippets~ said:
123melanie123 said:
good luck gypsy and try not to worry she will be fine :thumbsup:   :*
thanks melanie..you are blazes owner...is that right?...i have casper as you can see :thumbsup: :wub:

Quite right Kaz :thumbsup: Melanie owns Bandit and Tegan's only son Blaze glad to see she's found us here on k9

Too late for get well soon wishes for Gypsy now :oops: but pleased that she has recovered well. No wonder if she was recuperating on faux fur cushions 8)

All but one of my bitches are speyed and I suspect that Holly needs to be speyed soon which I am already worrying about (anyway that's another thread). Star & Leia were both speyed quite young and although I am pleased that they are speyed for various reasons, I have to be honest and admit that I wish I'd let them get quite a bit older first. However, at the time it was the right decision, and our circumstances have changed since, (ie we dont have 2 males that would fight over a bitch in season now :( ) along with my opinion. We all make the decisions that we think are best for our dogs, Joanna has said it before I dont think that anyone on K9 is an evil mutilator of puppies.

We all love or dogs :huggles:

Rae said:
Too late for get well soon wishes for Gypsy now  :oops:   but pleased that she has recovered well.  No wonder if she was recuperating on faux fur cushions 8)
All but one of my bitches are speyed and I suspect that Holly needs to be speyed soon which I am already worrying about (anyway that's another thread).  Star & Leia were both speyed quite young and although I am pleased that they are speyed for various reasons, I have to be honest and admit that I wish I'd let them get quite a bit older first.  However, at the time it was the right decision, and our circumstances have changed since, (ie we dont have 2 males that would fight over a bitch in season now  :( ) along with my opinion.  We all make the decisions that we think are best for our dogs, Joanna has said it before I dont think that anyone on K9 is an evil mutilator of puppies. 

We all love or dogs  :huggles:

thanks...but i have to admit that she sleeps on faux fur cushions all the time :b :lol: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back