The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Good Pet Insurance

yougottabinit2whippet

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi i want to get pet insurance but im not to sure who are the best,, :wacko: :wacko:

can you guys help me out....????

Grace is with direct line.Due to very bad luck our claims total £5000 in five and a half years.They have never questioned any of her claims.Very helpfull on the phone and the call centre is in england :thumbsup: We have lifetime cover and its not cheap,but in Graces case worth every penny :cheers:

yougottabinit2whippet said:
Hi i want to get pet insurance but im not to sure who are the best,, :wacko:   :wacko:

I don't know too much about pet insurance, but we have Lily with pet plan, but I think they are cheaper insurers but don't know of their benefits.

Kell

After reading previous topics on here we went for Argos Platinum. Reasonable price and T&C's seem good. Not had to claim so far so cant comment further.

We went with NFU.

Slightly more expensive than the others, but you get £4000 per vet claim per year. And there are no exclusions, so you can claim for the same thing the next year. Like lifetime cover but you get a new £4000 each year.

The 3rd party cover was also more.

My horse is insured with them and they have a good reputation.

jeffmack said:
After reading previous topics on here we went for Argos Platinum. Reasonable price and T&C's seem good. Not had to claim so far so cant comment further.
me i have found no reason as yet to claim but seems a great policy and discounts for multiples too :thumbsup:

i have also used NFU for my livestock and stables etc insurance and found them excellent!! :thumbsup:

im sure in the F A Q sect there are previous threads in there which may help you , also try the "which " site for comparisions :thumbsup:

I have both my boys insured with Direct Line too - can't remember all costs though, think the excess is £65 and it costs me around £32.00 per month for BOTH :- " Only ever made one claim and they were extremely helpful and no issues what so ever :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
direct line for me to.............£13.09 a month...............£70 excess

haven't had to claim as yet (touch wood).................but i hear they are v good :thumbsup:

I use NFU (National Farmer's Union). They may not be the cheapest around but they do not exclude for recurring problems and they accept older pets. I have also had no problems when I have had to make a claim. I've had two claims one of over £800 and the other around £600. They will pay at the end, give you a part payment during the claim or pay the vet direct. Not all vets like this though. Mine certainly perfer to be paid up front.

Hope this is of help. :cheers:

yougottabinit2whippet said:
Hi i want to get pet insurance but im not to sure who are the best,, :wacko:   :wacko:

This is the FAQ thread you need: http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=11531

Do lots of research and definitely read these old threads before you decide - its about more than just the cheapest. Make sure the cover is right (ie doesnt just see you for the year and thats it) and that the company is one which pays out (preferably directly to yr vet) and dont get caught by E&L!

I'm with sainsbury's so far so good £9-10p per month £6000 £50 excess

I'm with Tesco's - never had to claim - Thank you God - but I'm only paying £6.62 a month for Bluebell - this is a special internet offer - limited time but I've only just set it up so it may still be on.

Argos Platinum for me :thumbsup:

hi we are with petplan for all three dogs. done quite a few claims too unfortunately. our lurcher had an MRI scan this summer to the tune of two grand. They wrote to us to say they were considering the claim and within a fortnight they paid out. Excess around 68 quid if i remember rightly. Costs about 17 per month per dog for the budget cover which is fine. not the cheapest but there when you need it. :thumbsup:

hi

there are a lot of companies out there offering cheap monthly insurance for animals but be careful.

what to look for is that they offer cover year upon year for the same illness - some only cover a single problem for 12months and then you will be stuck.

i dont want to name the best really but most vets represent the ones i mean.

another option is to open a savings account for your animals therefor gaining your own interest and more often than not saving more money that you would ever need to use in their lifetimes.

(used to be a vet nurse!)

abbie :)

animalady said:
hi there are a lot of companies out there offering cheap monthly insurance for animals but be careful.

what to look for is that they offer cover year upon year for the same illness - some only cover a single problem for 12months and then you will be stuck.

i dont want to name the best really but most vets represent the ones i mean.

another option is to open a savings account for your animals therefor gaining your own interest and more often than not saving more money that you would ever need to use in their lifetimes.

(used to be a vet nurse!)

abbie :)

yup - this is exactly what I meant but you put it much better than me :lol:

I didnt know this and it took a lot of hunting to make sure I got a policy which was year on year - there are only two out there I think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) - Argos Platinum and M&S but M&S is madly expensive now. A lot of other policies seem say you can claim in the current year, but when it comes to renewal the condition is counted as an existing condition and is therefore exempt after the first year and you cant claim. So definitely make sure you're getting a lifetime policy :thumbsup:

Thanks Tracey

Re Topic

I have had horse insurance with PetPlan and they have been good to deal with but are quite expensive. I am looking for dog insurance for Ruby and obviously want a good deal. Personally I would like one with a low monthly/annual cost but wouldn't mind a higher excess - say £200-300 - as I don't mind paying out up to such an amount but want to be insured for the [hopefully never] risk of really expensive treatment. I can't seem to find one which gives such a cover.

Pauline

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back