The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Good Pet Insurance

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
beaubeau said:
maggie217 said:
beaubeau said:
The Health Pets ins seems a very reasonable cost. Have you ever had to make a claim, Beaubeau?

Pauline

Hiya,

Thankfully not with the dogs I have now..

Tracey x

I'm with Healthy Pets (Gold Cover £50 excess claims up to £5000 for each incident). I pay £10.47 a month and recently claimed for 3 separate problems, they paid up no problem and, when the renewal came through last week, no increase in premium so I'm happy so far.

Lal said:
beaubeau said:
maggie217 said:
beaubeau said:
The Health Pets ins seems a very reasonable cost. Have you ever had to make a claim, Beaubeau?

Pauline

Hiya,

Thankfully not with the dogs I have now..

Tracey x

I'm with Healthy Pets (Gold Cover £50 excess claims up to £5000 for each incident). I pay £10.47 a month and recently claimed for 3 separate problems, they paid up no problem and, when the renewal came through last week, no increase in premium so I'm happy so far.

Phew, that's good news then. I have the cheaper cover :- " and all three dogs cost me £18.00 per month. Also £50.00 excess... :thumbsup:

http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk/index.htm

Tracey x

~Helen~ said:
animalady said:
hi there are a lot of companies out there offering cheap monthly insurance for animals but be careful.

what to look for is that they offer cover year upon year for the same illness - some only cover a single problem for 12months and then you will be stuck.

i dont want to name the best really but most vets represent the ones i mean.

another option is to open a savings account for your animals therefor gaining your own interest and more often than not saving more money that you would ever need to use in their lifetimes.

(used to be a vet nurse!)

abbie :)

yup - this is exactly what I meant but you put it much better than me :lol:

I didnt know this and it took a lot of hunting to make sure I got a policy which was year on year - there are only two out there I think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) - Argos Platinum and M&S but M&S is madly expensive now. A lot of other policies seem say you can claim in the current year, but when it comes to renewal the condition is counted as an existing condition and is therefore exempt after the first year and you cant claim. So definitely make sure you're getting a lifetime policy :thumbsup:

NFU do a year on year thing too up to the cost of your cover. I tried a couple of insurance companies before I ended up here and I was very dissatisfied.

Putting money into a savings scheme works if you don't have to claim but claims soon mount up were vets are concerned and you don't have the same worry about having to make a choice between the best treatment for your pet and cost. I did wonder about doing this but after my first claim about 4 years ago I don't even think about it now.

animalady said:
hi there are a lot of companies out there offering cheap monthly insurance for animals but be careful.

what to look for is that they offer cover year upon year for the same illness - some only cover a single problem for 12months and then you will be stuck.

i dont want to name the best really but most vets represent the ones i mean.

another option is to open a savings account for your animals therefor gaining your own interest and more often than not saving more money that you would ever need to use in their lifetimes.

(used to be a vet nurse!)

abbie :)

i have just lost a 3 year old whippet to meningititis she cost 7k+ i would off needed to save £194.00 per month to cover my costs my actual costs to ins comp(M&S) £360

to save monthly you have to be lucky and have a very healthy pet plus you will have to put away alot more than the ins preminums insurance is a system to protect members against the risks of financial loss by transferring the risks to a large group who share the financial losses ie they take the hit if the sh@@e hits the fan not bad for £12/15 amonth as a vet nurse you must be aware of the ££££££ bills racked up by patients

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back