The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Greyhounds Had 12 Puppies

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My friend Greyhound bitch has had 12 puppies starting at midnight last night and finished by 9.30 this morning - alls well with bitch and puppies and smallest weighed 15 ounces.

The Sire is Top Honcho from Ireland ... Im going to see them tomorrow - cant wait and of course Ill have some photos for you all. As far as I know they are all black with some white bits - the bitch is brindle.

Im very excited because Ive never seen puppies this young. :huggles: :wub:

Cant wait.

Janis

Wow, what a handful they will be when they are older!!! Looking forward to lots of pics as well, I bet it will be difficult to tell them apart by the sounds of things!!

How many do greyhounds usually have?

whats the name of the dam? Top Honcho is the best Greyhound sire around well done for getting him. My friend has had 1 pup by him. Below is a pic of Arnie!

View attachment 22205

What a Sire!! He really has Produced the Goods.Hope everything goes well with the Litter :thumbsup:

12 puppies (w00t) :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: pics can't come soon enough

congrats to all concerned with such a big litter .......................i bet they are :wub: :wub: :wub: .

Is it the norm for greyhounds to have litters that size? Mine had a litter of 11 last year, so I know just how much work they are going to take lol.

LOTS of piccies ASAP please!! :cheers:

(w00t) 12 Puppies!! how lovely!! cant wait to see Piccy's!! :wub:

Big Congratulations to your friend on such a bumper litter, couldn"t have chosen a better Sire, how is the Dam bred. :))

A big congrats to your friend and her greyhound for having such a lovely litter. I can't wait to see some pics!!!!!!!!!

A litter of 12 (w00t) Blimey!! We are breeding our Skippy next year and we certainly dont want that many!!!!! Top Honcho is the main reason that there are so many black greyhounds around at the mo. Look out for a Westmead dog next year when he's at stud, he's looking promising :thumbsup:

wow, 12!! (w00t)

are they show or racing or coursing - I assume that you would need a different type for each thing :wacko:

whatever!

:luck: to your friend

doris said:
wow, 12!! (w00t)
are they show or racing or coursing - I assume that you would need a different type for each thing  :wacko:

whatever!

:luck: to your friend

I don't know about racing or coursing greyhounds but William is a show bred greyhound and stands at 30 inches to his shoulder I have been told he is bigger and heavier built than racers he is definitly bigger than those I have seen

You can though show racing greyhounds they have racing and coursing classes as long as they are kc registered

William came from a litter of 8 consisting of 2 dogs and 6 bitches his breeder said she was not expecting so many

Still no pics :eek: come on Janis :p

Last edited by a moderator:
We were told we would see piccy's. Where are the piccys? :lol: :(

Hey, my Finn has yet some more half-siblings! Top Honcho is his Sire! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back