The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Grief of losing dog unbearable

Discussion in 'Dog Health' started by Murphy11, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Murphy11

Murphy11 Member Registered

I agree. I cancelled Murphy's before he got sick as just for allergies it had risen to £300 a month at 9 years old. Then he got sick. Two months later his bill was £2500 for just one visit. No insurance. Regretted cancelling but all in all, think it's no win situation

2. Caro Perry

Caro Perry Well-Known Member Registered

The pet insurance thing is really hard. Harri had vets bills well into 4 figures in his first 9 months thanks to his flea medication reaction. I am now a bit stuck. If I let it lapse or change insurers I won't ever get full cover for him again, anything regarding liver or kidney problems will be excluded.

Luckily we are with one of the (at first sight) more expensive insurers who set the premiums honestly so I had no increase on renewal. I dread to think what I'd be paying had I gone to one of the cheaper seeming ones.

Murphy11 likes this.
  3. Murphy11

Murphy11 Member Registered

I would keep it, esp if renewal doesn't go up. Murphy's would have been in 400s, 500s I'm.sure if we had kept going and claimed. We were with M and S.

Caro Perry likes this.