The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hancock Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
micp said:
ps
so its ok to have a Snipe at some one if you have a lot of posts.

becuse thats all you are doing to hancock.

if you dont like his dogs dont get one.

and i dont know you stormydog.

BADGER SKINNED PANTS ! if thats what you like m8.thats ok by me.

and where is over here ,mally

thanks  mick

1+1+1=3  to kitty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi there mick you are obvousley one of the many that buy a dog from hancock regardless of how they are kept. Now mick i have seen the conditions first hand i've been to his premises (farm). I've spoken to David hancock himself and i don't have a very high opinion of him personally.

You don't know me, you have never met me or seen how i keep my dogs so how can you judge me. I am giving my honest opinion. I've worked running dogs for over 15 years (not shown them) so i'm no novice.

I bred from my bitch last year,because i wanted a pup myself, and i made sure all of the pups went to suitable permanent homes.

I rest my case with you micp as i don't want to waste any more thread space as there are more constructive things to write about. :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

just been on lots of rescue sites 15 in all.found 174 dogs needing homes.

not one a hancock dog.so % wise the dogs are doing ok.

ps stormydog.try saving the dogs in ireland.thay have a worse record

than the uk.

mick

ps

all england nothing dog.single rabbit dog.for my eyes only go looking dog.

kitty

the posts are getting there

love u all mick

Edited by me to remove the personal abuse :)

that should be good looking dog.

but it adds to my post kitty

mick

Thats funny Mike. I was out the other day and bumped into a guy who lives near me and he was walking a gorgeous lookin lurcher that he had been fostering and had decided to keep. Shall we play a game of guess the breeder...nah...it was a hancock. And the rescue that dog came from have at least five more of his dogs looking for a home.

I think you are right there Tanya obviously a thread started with underlying intentions from the beginning, if you have a problem with individual people Mick I suggest you PM them directly as this kind of behaviour is not tolerated on the board :thumbsup:

if you read the very first post by mick its asks for views on hancock dogs, thats exactly what he got ,views from various people? your problem is? he asked, he got replies? i think this thread has run its course it is now turning to personal attacks on k9rs and should be closed imo, if you ask for a view and you dont like the reply then why ask? we all know this is an emotive issue so why go out of your way to cause an argument? like i said i feel this should be closed :(

Tanya Docwra said:
if you read the very first post by mick its asks for views on hancock dogs, thats exactly what he got ,views from various people? your problem is? he asked, he got replies? i think this thread has run its course it is now turning to personal attacks on k9rs and should be closed imo, if you ask for a view and you dont like the reply then why ask? we all know this is an emotive issue so why go out of your way to cause an argument? like i said i feel this should be closed :(

Pm a moderator Tanya :thumbsup:

He asked for views on his dogs,not on hankock!,

lies are not views,if u say something bad about hancock,then u will probably not have one of his dogs,in that case,how can u give a reply?,i can only say what i saw.its like saying are saluki's thick,they are not,but alot will say otherwise.

zeplin

zeplin said:
He asked for views on his dogs,not on hankock!,lies are not views,if u say something bad about hancock,then u will probably not have one of his dogs,in that case,how can u give a reply?,i can only say what i saw.its like saying are saluki's thick,they are not,but alot will say otherwise.

zeplin

now then m8 you have a pm

again if you read what has been posted you will duly note that these people HAVE had 1st hand experience and therefore it is not lies! this topic has been discuused before and the links are there for you to read. end of! :rant: :- "

zeplin said:
He asked for views on his dogs,not on hankock!,lies are not views,if u say something bad about hancock,then u will probably not have one of his dogs,in that case,how can u give a reply?,i can only say what i saw.its like saying are saluki's thick,they are not,but alot will say otherwise.

zeplin

thats the whole point of forums mate so people can have thier say,its not helpful calling people liars just beause they have a different opinion.i happen to think that anybody who sells that many puppies a year cannot have thier best welfare a priority.by all means have your say but lets drop the insults and sarcasm

tony b said:
zeplin said:

zeplin

thats the whole point of forums mate so people can have thier say,its not helpful calling people liars just beause they have a different opinion.i happen to think that anybody who sells that many puppies a year cannot have thier best welfare a priority.by all means have your say but lets drop the insults and sarcasm

how many pups a year did he sell? :thumbsup:

there is another thread on the forum with hancocks web site and on there it is suggesting that he has them 24/7

bop said:
has anyone owned a hancock dog what r ur views ? ;)

This is the person who started this thread off. This is the first post. It's by someone called bop.

The first post with swearing in it wasn't posted by Bop (who hasn't been rude to anyone btw) or anyone supporting the Hancock lurcher or even David Hancock's breeding establishment. Or is Bop also someone else? That's against the board rules btw and can be reported.

It seems a tad unfair to me that they are now being blamed for this thread getting nasty. Although it got to the point of personal abuse days ago and I'm surprised that it wasn't reported then. Has it been now? Just IMO as a board member of course. :thumbsup:

re my understanding of Hancock dogs. I've seen some stunning looking dogs bred by him. I know people who work their dogs that think that they are the lurcher of choice I also know others who work their dogs who think that they are 'dodgy' and unreliable. Personally I am in agreement with the person who said that it's down to the owner/trainer.

Certainly he breeds a lot and it's on record that he took up breeding lurchers and gave up chicken farming so does it for a living. Far too many of them also end up in rescue and he doesn't take them back.

At the end of the day there are other people out there breeding collie x grey's and people can choose to go and buy one from them. Also people can make the choice what kind of lurcher they should buy. Now the disagreements between lurcher folk about what makes the best mix as a working dog will run and run for ever. :)

tony b said:
there is another thread on the forum with hancocks web site and on there it is suggesting that he has them 24/7
That would be my understanding of the numbers that he breeds too.

it was suggested to me that a dog i had once was a hancock dog (as she was a collie x greyhound)...i dont know and never will ...i had never heard the name from then until now!

she was a beautiful and gorgeous loyal dog ....the best dog i probably ever had :wub:

*Lesley* said:
I think you are right there Tanya obviously a thread started with underlying intentions from the beginning, if you have a problem with individual people Mick I suggest you PM them directly as this kind of behaviour is not tolerated on the board :thumbsup:

I apologise for stating that the underlying intention was started at the beginning of the post my mistake no offence to Bop, I actually meant the statements made by Mick to Mally and Stormydog(which seem to be personal rather than general comments) and should have worded it that way, sorry :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back