The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hare Coursing,

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Lakey said:
Suzycbee said:
If the tories plan to try to reinstate hunting and hare coursing then everything I have said about David Cameron is true.  He is a slimy toe rag.
Long live the ban.  

Personally haven't seen the article about the very talented John  Prescott but then the Daily Star is a comic not a newspaper so doesn't interest me.

:lol:

Many a hare escapes the dog but they dont dodge shotgun pellets quite so well :(

If you think the ban has saved many a hare or fox then you know naff all :rant:

They now have no value to land owner who allowed coursing/hunting on their land and as such are just persecuted as pests, just the same as you would most lightly kill a rat in your back yard

Lakey said:
Suzycbee said:
If the tories plan to try to reinstate hunting and hare coursing then everything I have said about David Cameron is true.  He is a slimy toe rag.
Long live the ban.  

Personally haven't seen the article about the very talented John  Prescott but then the Daily Star is a comic not a newspaper so doesn't interest me.

Many a hare escapes the dog but they dont dodge shotgun pellets quite so well :(

They now have no value to land owner who allowed coursing/hunting on their land and as such are just persecuted as pests, just the same as you would most lightly kill a rat in your back yard

How dare you say I know naff all. I have had 2 good dogs, murdered by hunters and hare coursers, who have no thought or care for anybody else but their own selfish interests.

Hunting and coursing will never be reinstated ha ha!!!

Suzycbee said:
Lakey said:
Suzycbee said:
Long live the ban.  

How dare you say I know naff all. I have had 2 good dogs, murdered by hunters and hare coursers, who have no thought or care for anybody else but their own selfish interests.

Grow up or get off thats my veiw. it clearly states working whippets in this section.

The hare is under more threat now due to shooting than it ever was when coursing was legal. It's about time that the so called experts realised they have made a terrible mistake which will only increase the suffering of a truely remarkable animal which all of us who work our dogs respect.

YOU ARE A DIFFERENT BREED!I AM TELLING YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE. AS MALLY HAS SAID THERE ARE FAR MORE HARES BEEN SHOT AND KILLED NOW BY LANDOWNERS WHO WILL NOT TOLLERATE THE DAMAGE THE HARES ARE CAUSING TO THEIR CROPS ,WHERE AS THEY WOULD TOLLERATE IT AS COURSE MEETINGS OR LADS PAYING TO GO ON WAS A GOOD LITTLE EARNER FOR THEM AND CATCHING A FEW HARES.AS FOR THE BIT ABOUT "HAVING NO THOUGHT OR CARE FOR ANYBODY ELSE BUT THEIR OWN SELFISH INTERESTS" THIS SHOWS THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT YET AGAIN (w00t) A TRUE HUNTER RESPECTS THEIR QUARRY DEAD OR ALIVE ! IT IS ABOUT THE COURSE NOT JUST THE KILL

YOU SAID HUNTING WILL NEVER BE REINSTATED HA HA AND LONG LIVE THE BAN

WELL I AM TELLING YOU KNOW

I AM 16 YEARS OLD HUNTED FROM AS YOUNG AS I CAN REMEMBER AND WILL HUNT UNTILL MY LEGS CARN'T CARRY ME!AND SO WILL MANY MANY MORE PEOPLE I CAN ASSURE YOU OF THAT :thumbsup:

LONG LIVE THE HUNTER

F*&K THE BAN :cheers:

CheshirePoacher said:

YOU ARE A DIFFERENT BREED!I AM TELLING YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE. AS MALLY HAS SAID THERE ARE FAR MORE HARES BEEN SHOT AND KILLED NOW BY LANDOWNERS WHO WILL NOT TOLLERATE THE DAMAGE THE HARES ARE CAUSING TO THEIR CROPS ,WHERE AS THEY WOULD TOLLERATE IT AS COURSE MEETINGS OR LADS PAYING TO GO ON WAS A GOOD LITTLE EARNER FOR THEM AND CATCHING A FEW HARES.AS FOR THE BIT ABOUT "HAVING NO THOUGHT OR CARE FOR ANYBODY ELSE BUT THEIR OWN SELFISH INTERESTS" THIS SHOWS THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ON ABOUT YET AGAIN (w00t) A TRUE HUNTER RESPECTS THEIR QUARRY DEAD OR ALIVE ! IT IS ABOUT THE COURSE NOT JUST THE KILL

I AM 16 YEARS OLD HUNTED FROM AS YOUNG AS I CAN REMEMBER AND WILL HUNT UNTILL MY LEGS CARN'T CARRY ME!AND SO WILL MANY MANY MORE PEOPLE I CAN ASSURE YOU OF THAT :thumbsup:

LONG LIVE THE HUNTER

HI THERE CHESHIRE POACHER IF YOU FANCY EXERCISING YOUR DOGS SOMETIME ON THOSE MUTANT RABBITS LET ME KNOW MATE, WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE YOU HAVE YOU WON'T GO FAR WRONG. :cheers:

Please explain how hunters and hare coursers have murdered your dogs? and why we care for nothing apart from our selfish interests?? If you spoke to atrue courser , you would find that we care deeply for the hare and his conservation, but that probably doesn`t matter as all you antis have your own preconcieved ideas anyway :angry:

nigelmcfc said:

Please explain how hunters and hare coursers have murdered your dogs? and why we care for nothing apart from our selfish interests?? If you spoke to atrue courser , you would find that we care deeply for the hare and his conservation, but that probably doesn`t matter as all you antis have your own preconcieved ideas anyway :angry:

Dog 1 slaughtered by hunters coming into my garden when I was a child and killing 16 week old puppy.

Dog 2 slaughtered by hunters coming into our garden again 6 years later- the resulting shock of being chased rendered our old dog so distressed had to to be pts.

Why are you angry - long live the ban?!

CheshirePoacher said:

LONG LIVE THE HUNTER

Well 16 year old, go back to school and learn how to spell.

GO BACK TO EARLY CIVILIZATION,THE HUMAN RACE EVOLVED THROUGH HUNTING THE CAVE MEN DIDN'T HAVE McDONALDS OR FAST FOODS THEY HAD TO HUNT,THEY DIDNT HAVE THESE LUXURIES AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE IDIOTS LIKE YOU AROUND STICKING THERE NOSE IN.PEOPLE THAT SAY THIS ARE DOING THE SAME THING COMMERCAILLY AS HUNTING WHEN THEY GO INTO THE SUPERMARKET EACH WEEK AND PICK UP A CHICKEN OR STEAK.HOW DID THEY STEAK GET THERE VOLTS LATER.GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO THE HUMAN EVOLUTION?

Suzycbee said:
nigelmcfc said:

Dog 1 slaughtered by hunters coming into my garden when I was a child and killing 16 week old puppy.

Dog 2 slaughtered by hunters coming into our garden again 6 years later- the resulting shock of being chased rendered our old dog so distressed had to to be pts.

they were hunting dogs??????????

springfield said:
GO BACK TO EARLY CIVILIZATION,THE HUMAN RACE EVOLVED THROUGH HUNTING THE CAVE MEN DIDN'T HAVE McDONALDS OR FAST FOODS THEY HAD TO HUNT,THEY DIDNT HAVE THESE LUXURIES AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE IDIOTS LIKE YOU AROUND STICKING THERE NOSE IN.PEOPLE THAT SAY THIS ARE DOING THE SAME THING COMMERCAILLY AS HUNTING WHEN THEY GO INTO THE SUPERMARKET EACH WEEK AND PICK UP A CHICKEN OR STEAK.HOW DID THEY STEAK GET THERE VOLTS LATER.GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO THE HUMAN EVOLUTION?

English lesson:

there = over there

their = possession as in "sticking their nose in"

masta said:
Suzycbee said:
nigelmcfc said:

Yes fox hounds.

The cruelty of hunting is in the chase not the kill. Many hares might well "escape" from the dogs, but it is the fright and terror that they feel during the chase that is where they suffer the most.

Neanderthals had to hunt to eat. No choice.

Deer hunting is especially cruel and unnecessary. If a deer has to be culled it should be shot by a skilled and experienced marksman only, not chased for up to 6 hours suffering terribly during that time.

As regards farmed animals, the new Animal Welfare Bill which hopefully comes to fruition later this year gives greater protection from suffering to domestic and farmed animals and is long overdue, the most recent laws relating to animal welfare being instigated way back in 1862! I personally do not eat a lot of meat, but when I buy beef it is with the knowledge that it has not been chased by a pack of dogs for up to 6 hours prior to despatch.

This country thankfully has moved on since our cruel and brutal past - without this progression we would still be hanging children for stealing a loaf of bread or sending orphans up chimneys, many of whom died from their "occupation" or fell victim to cancer mainly in the groin region owing to coal dust imbedding in this area.

There are many things to choose from to fill one's spare time. Terrorising animals should not be one of those choices. This is why the men and women chosen democratically to make decisions for us have elected to prevent people from chosing this option.

Regards to all who have responded to my views. I have nothing more to say on this topic.

Suzycbee said:
masta said:
Suzycbee said:
nigelmcfc said:

Yes fox hounds.

The cruelty of hunting is in the chase not the kill. Many hares might well "escape" from the dogs, but it is the fright and terror that they feel during the chase that is where they suffer the most.

Deer hunting is especially cruel and unnecessary. If a deer has to be culled it should be shot by a skilled and experienced marksman only, not chased for up to 6 hours suffering terribly during that time.

As regards farmed animals, the new Animal Welfare Bill which hopefully comes to fruition later this year gives greater protection from suffering to domestic and farmed animals and is long overdue, the most recent laws relating to animal welfare being instigated way back in 1862! I personally do not eat a lot of meat, but when I buy beef it is with the knowledge that it has not been chased by a pack of dogs for up to 6 hours prior to despatch.

This country thankfully has moved on since our cruel and brutal past - without this progression we would still be hanging children for stealing a loaf of bread or sending orphans up chimneys, many of whom died from their "occupation" or fell victim to cancer mainly in the groin region owing to coal dust imbedding in this area.

There are many things to choose from to fill one's spare time. Terrorising animals should not be one of those choices. This is why the men and women chosen democratically to make decisions for us have elected to prevent people from chosing this option.

Regards to all who have responded to my views. I have nothing more to say on this topic.

Coal dust embedded in the nether regions, down the pits of lancashire fer 20 yrs, absolutely caked in the stuff, but thanks to a large bar of industrial carbolic soap i managed to keep the old chumleys spotless, as for the pit towels well i was the only collier who could balance one dripping wet through on the end of my, oh best not, :eek: without it bending :lol:

keith :thumbsup:

Suzycbee said:
masta said:
Suzycbee said:
nigelmcfc said:

Yes fox hounds.

You`re getting a bit boring now, hares don`t get coursed for 6 hours , so that`s a poor comparison . On average a course will last about a minute, the hare gets killed or it gets away , survival of the fittest, what nature is all about

As long as man exists and there is game to chase with a dog then prople will do it, simple as that, it is part of our make-up and ancestry, if you find it offensive then tough, go and find another so called good cause to fight with the rest of your middle class do gooder labour lefty mates :rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed with this topic free spelling & grammar lessons :- " Could someone tell me where I can find one of these wonderful dogs that can hunt for 6hours? Do they come from the planet Krypton? 8) I loved watching my dogs coursing hares fair play to the ones that got away, surely it's natural selection, the strongest survive to pass on their (as opposed to there!!!! :cheers: ) genes on to the next generation. Shooting doesn't separate weak from strong.

If you're so concerned about animal rights go & help the strays wandering the streets or the dogs being mistreated by their owners. My dogs & most hunting/working dogs couldn't be better cared for. The only cruelty they face now is suddenly being stopped from coursing hares and hunting, something they've done for years.

....been reading with interest this thread. I must say though that all the same theories and opinions are being trotted out now as they were pre Hunting Act. The difference of course is that it now should (and does) resemble something of a history lesson. Some may have read rubbish that I have written on hare coursing and exploits of my dogs prior to the ban. They were good times. I was as keen as anybody and loved coursing but i've moved on and could not now envisage my ever wanting to go out and course hares with my dogs. I like many did my bit , demonstrating , carrying banners etc :oops: (not another history lesson Lampy -_- ). I cannot imagine Hunting Act ever being repealed. The longer it remains in force and the longer we all live with it the less inclined politicians will be to change what is now status quo. I also suspect a free vote in the commons to restore the sport would fail as there are still to many disenters on both sides of the house for this to be a realistic runner.

Finally. Earlier on on this thread mention was made of the increase in hare shooting post Ban. It is my view that inroads into the hare population due to coursing was at best miniscule. It did not scratch the surface in East Anglia. Many estates in Norfolk would invite clubs running whippets followed by GHs by deerhounds by lurchers etc etc over the course of a season and would turn out in late winter and still shoot four figure bags of hares over several days. Like it or lump it folks the halcyon days of walking the stubbles have gone.

hi all, just read this last page and cannot beleive the shite suzycbee is talking. coursing hares with dogs will never die, its the most natural thing for man and dog to do. its been happening for thousands of years and it will continue to do so. organised coursing on our small island may be banned but so what, people that have allways coursed hares will never stop. do you own dogs suzy. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back